Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Adept

definatly a thumbs up for capricorn .. put a smile on my dial knowing the best represents his countries brands... car looks great and solid soo it looks to be a winning combitation..
Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomB
I am guessing there is some element of italian pride in the signing, and possibly, if Capricorn played the pride card right,they may have gotten some of the other major brands mentioned in the Red RC post to fork some of the yearly contract costs....maybe these Italian brands are joining forces in a sort of business/patriotism type link

If Lamberto wins, the brands win, so they have a vested interest in making sure he is successful, so the patriotism/business link isn't just all flags and jingoism
You're right.

But if they win and people want to buy their cars, but can't because there's no dealer infra structure, the success will be short lived...

Anyways, it's gonna be interesting how Collari will be doing with the car and how he'll get along with Novarossi darling Balestri....
Old 01-21-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Do you drive a Shepherd?

Originally Posted by stefan
You're right.

But if they win and people want to buy their cars, but can't because there's no dealer infra structure, the success will be short lived...

Anyways, it's gonna be interesting how Collari will be doing with the car and how he'll get along with Novarossi darling Balestri....
Not sure what you mean Stefan, capricornrc.com is a Euro site, it is comprehensive, It provides parts and sales direct to the European community, avoiding the headaches of distributing via resellers.

I am associated with the Australasian distribution channel and provide a comprehensive parts and sales channel for our region. From what I've seen of many other manufacturers they dont support their communities directly and sales goes through many hands before it reaches the end users.

Ive visited online sites in Italy (parent) Netherldands, China, Australasian and Im sure there are more, so if you feel there's no one supporting in Germany, then maybe ask DS-motorsport here on RCTech, he's in the Netherelands and very supportive of the product.

For those of us in Australia that have adopted the Capricorn products know very well that our supplier actively promotes Capricorn RC prodicts and RC as a whole in our region of the world. The next title meeting in our country will be at the home track of our supplier and it's a SEA of RED and it's in part due to a good product and in part confidence in the support.

Am I biased, perhaps a little, but for the most part it's a sensible decision considering in the last three months all Team Magic channels we sourced parts shut down.

Very pleased Lamberto Collari is driving a Capricorn, along with Dario I am sure there's a lot of pride on the Italian RC scene.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

it's gonna be interesting how Collari will be doing with the car and how he'll get along with Novarossi darling Balestri....
the Don of RC has come back home, to

"La Famiglia"

i wonder if Dario Ballestri is next to Go,at?
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale-collari-ballestri.jpg  
Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You're right.

Which country's need improving on their distribution if I may ask?

As mentioned Australia, US, France, Netherlands are all well represented.
I believe South-America also has a distribution network.
The rest of Europe is mainly handled by Capricorn themselves.

In the Netherlands we grew from not a single car in 2010 to probably the best represented brand in 2012.
And the plan is to also concur the 1/8 market this year.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
Not sure what you mean Stefan, capricornrc.com is a Euro site, it is comprehensive, It provides parts and sales direct to the European community, avoiding the headaches of distributing via resellers.

I am associated with the Australasian distribution channel and provide a comprehensive parts and sales channel for our region. From what I've seen of many other manufacturers they dont support their communities directly and sales goes through many hands before it reaches the end users.

Ive visited online sites in Italy (parent) Netherldands, China, Australasian and Im sure there are more, so if you feel there's no one supporting in Germany, then maybe ask DS-motorsport here on RCTech, he's in the Netherelands and very supportive of the product.

For those of us in Australia that have adopted the Capricorn products know very well that our supplier actively promotes Capricorn RC prodicts and RC as a whole in our region of the world. The next title meeting in our country will be at the home track of our supplier and it's a SEA of RED and it's in part due to a good product and in part confidence in the support.

Am I biased, perhaps a little, but for the most part it's a sensible decision considering in the last three months all Team Magic channels we sourced parts shut down.

Very pleased Lamberto Collari is driving a Capricorn, along with Dario I am sure there's a lot of pride on the Italian RC scene.
I am aware that it is a company outside of Milano. The problem is, that even small orders cost € 20 and up shipping from Italy.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Which country's need improving on their distribution if I may ask?

As mentioned Australia, US, France, Netherlands are all well represented.
I believe South-America also has a distribution network.
The rest of Europe is mainly handled by Capricorn themselves.

In the Netherlands we grew from not a single car in 2010 to probably the best represented brand in 2012.
And the plan is to also concur the 1/8 market this year.
In Germany I have seen one 200mm car and one 8th scale car last season.

One former German champion gave up because the importer here never had anything available...........
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

In Germany I have seen one 200mm car and one 8th scale car last season.

One former German champion gave up because the importer here never had anything available...........
Yes I know about Germany. I've sold quite a few tires to German drivers.
Also talked to Thomas about these issues, too bad this caused him to give up.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I am aware that it is a company outside of Milano. The problem is, that even small orders cost € 20 and up shipping from Italy.
We ship items over the world from 7,5€ by UPS..and we have also capricorn parts...
Old 01-23-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Latest Video

http://capricornrc.com.au/latest-video/
Old 01-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Wow Harry, I think this is one of your best clips thus far.
The slow mo stuff is just awesome, makes me want to get a Gopro or something and film my own car just for the slow mo pictures.
Keep it up, and as mentioned by others probably the best rc related videos currently available.
Unfortunately it does make it even harder to wait for at least a month before it's warm enough to drive over here.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Great video, kudos mate!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Excellent video
Old 01-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Wow Harry, I think this is one of your best clips thus far.
The slow mo stuff is just awesome, makes me want to get a Gopro or something and film my own car just for the slow mo pictures.
Keep it up, and as mentioned by others probably the best rc related videos currently available.
Unfortunately it does make it even harder to wait for at least a month before it's warm enough to drive over here.
Thanks DS.. Glad u enjoyed it.

The Slow Motion clips are rendered with a time warp effect. It was shot at 50- interlaced frames and rendered at 20% speed which in effect is 250 frames per second.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dougday
Excellent video
What going on Doug. You coming to the Winternats or to race with us in Florida. Have not seen you in a while.

DJ Apolaro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.