Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CFowler
Ahh, you and I were thinking along the same lines, But with this I used all Mugen parts

Go over to Mugen Training Camp for a complete parts list

Chris
This works. You have to understand that the portion of the ball link that threads into the arm is a TIGHT fit with the arm. Use the stock 5 turnbuckle, thread it all the way into a H0855 then thread it into the arm. Using a ball for a shock add 1.5mm worth of spacers under it and your geometry is where it is kit stock out of the box. If your running narrow in the front you might have to trim off 1-2mm off of the H0855.
There is weakest link engineering built into the car. Put 4 stuff up front, wack a wall and you'll be buying a upper deck.
With this set-up you wack a wall the upper arm pops off the ball. Pit guy pulls your tire pops it back on and back to the race you go.
There still working on the "fix". Mean while quit hittin stuff...
Old 01-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hope they fix it soon

Last edited by ralphierace13; 01-18-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

billy got a ? for ya i know mike runs airtronics do u also use airtronics and if so was either u or mike running a lipo and if so what reciever are u or him using having a lil thing with airtronics tech right now and looking for so info thanks
Old 01-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
billy got a ? for ya i know mike runs airtronics do u also use airtronics and if so was either u or mike running a lipo and if so what reciever are u or him using having a lil thing with airtronics tech right now and looking for so info thanks

First how are you and how did you do at Homestead last week or two ago?

Mike runs a NIMH and I also run a NIMH in the 1/8. My NIMH will last in any main I make, I can't get out the 30 minute main or d mains, lol. The KO and AIR you do not have to run a bec device or whatever it's called, they plug right in and it will not burn out the receiver. Mike ran in his 1/10 a tenegy lipo, but I have not seen him run in his 1/8. At the pre-worlds I help pit for Rick V and he did use a lipo but he said he never tried in a 1 hour main but he tried it and it went the full hour, but I do not know which one it was or the name. I run 27 band still, no clitches unless someone is not paying attrention and being stupid, lol. It has happen twice so far, pre0world and the nats. I think Mike runs the Air 92451 in his car..
Old 01-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Billy,
is it better to run the NIMH in order to get the weight down low?

The same capacity in a lipo is too light isnt it?

Thanks,
Steve

Originally Posted by YLLIB

Mike runs a NIMH and I also run a NIMH in the 1/8. My NIMH will last in any main I make, I can't get out the 30 minute main or d mains, lol. The KO and AIR you do not have to run a bec device or whatever it's called, they plug right in and it will not burn out the receiver. Mike ran in his 1/10 a tenegy lipo, but I have not seen him run in his 1/8. At the pre-worlds I help pit for Rick V and he did use a lipo but he said he never tried in a 1 hour main but he tried it and it went the full hour, but I do not know which one it was or the name. I run 27 band still, no clitches unless someone is not paying attrention and being stupid, lol. It has happen twice so far, pre0world and the nats. I think Mike runs the Air 92451 in his car..
Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

i am good i did not go to the state race richie was going booked and all but something came up last min and had to cancel..
the reason i was asking is i too run nimh at sanctioned races for the weight but i like running races with the lipo to b lighter at the local races and most the races here our club races anyhow last summer i used a lipo and burned up 2 recievers so tech at airtronics said i got to use a voltage reg. which i was not happy about. so for this year i was trying to order the high voltage servos from airtronics and i run the m11x and the rec it comes with fhss3 so i called tech and asked them bout the high volt servos and what rec i can use so they told me i have to run the ssr rec. ok fine i ordered it they called back richie cause they were out of stock and talking to another guy he said use the fhss3 and i said tech told me i cant use that so this guy said i cant use the ssr with lipo and i told him what happen this summer anyhow back and forth i cant get a stright answer from airtronics each tech guy gives u a diff answer so i wanted to see what u guys were running they told me there team drivers use the fhss3 with lipo, its very fustrating. i like the m11 alot but i at the point of thinking of going to 4pk!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Billy,
is it better to run the NIMH in order to get the weight down low?

The same capacity in a lipo is too light isnt it?

Thanks,
Steve

I like the weight in ther middle of the car. I use NIMH because I do not have to put weight elsewhere on the car, it's there, so why change it.. I like running legal weight all the time because the car does change when you remove or add weight, so get used to the legal weight and the car will be good at all times. I have already put like 110 grams on my car that's enough, lol. I have ran the 1600 NIMH for a hour with the best KO servos. Orion make a 1900 NIMH, but you have to put in through the tank on top, it will not fit through the bottom, a little to wide.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Ralph, Now since said that Mike has burned up 2 steering servos running a lipo. Mike has ran lipo in his 1/10 for a long time and not burned one receiver up to my knowledge at my track or any other track that I've been with him.

Call Airtronics and talk to the team manager, I thing his name is Graig, just ask for the team manager. He knows whats up.

Billy
Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I prefer NiMH but I have had no problems with a 2s lipo Rx pack through an airtronics FM receiver in 1/12th.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Ralph, Now since said that Mike has burned up 2 steering servos running a lipo. Mike has ran lipo in his 1/10 for a long time and not burned one receiver up to my knowledge at my track or any other track that I've been with him.

Call Airtronics and talk to the team manager, I thing his name is Graig, just ask for the team manager. He knows whats up.

Billy
no billy not mike has burned up a reciver i burned up 2 last summer then chris toss called graig for me and i spoke to him he is the one that told me i cannot run a lipo with the fhss3 that i needed a voltage reg. now i call and they tell me i can use only the ssr rec. for lipo then they call back and say i cant i got to use the stock one lol my head is spinning!!! i run the orion 1900 when im at a big race i want the lipo not for the running time just to b superlight i like the way the car feels superlight but i run the .25 body with the lipo the .30 too top heavey im just nuts dont mind me
Old 01-19-2011, 02:53 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Am I the only one that struggles to read Ralphie's posts becasue of the lack of punctuation. I have to read each post about 5 times before I understand it.

Anyway, jokes aside, why don't you use a Life battery instead of Lipo? Or just use the old and proven NiMH battery?

I have never bothered using Lipo becasue of the higher voltage. Sure they are light but I have seen too many radio failures and failures with the regulators to make me want to use it. I have even seen failures with the new higher voltage servos that are meant to elimate the regulators.

Just not worth it in my opinion.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Ralphie has some long sentences ( whole page)

I'm using lipo, I'm running a Spektrum receiver and Hitec high voltage digital servos. Both are able to handle the 7.4 without a problem... going on race number 6 with this set up.

I did get DQed once for being underweight
Old 01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CFowler
Ralphie has some long sentences ( whole page)

I'm using lipo, I'm running a Spektrum receiver and Hitec high voltage digital servos. Both are able to handle the 7.4 without a problem... going on race number 6 with this set up.

I did get DQed once for being underweight
Damn, don't tell me that guy named Julian DQ'ed you
Old 01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Damn, don't tell me that guy named Julian DQ'ed you
No it was Karla ; But she was trained by Julian.
That DQ also put her man in Chris,s spot!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrice
No it was Karla ; But she was trained by Julian.
That DQ also put her man in Chris,s spot!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.