Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GQ tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've seen these tires run (hard to miss those bright orange rims). They look like they drip pretty well. I prefer Take Off tires though.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by BaxterC
What are there Airfilter's like? anygood... I will not put on a piece of phooey on my $280 motor... it must filter... you dont want to know what I've seen.
it's good, used it in my Novamega and Hyper engines, in a very dusty and sandy environment, the thing you'd have to look for is the oil on it,.. not too much or it'll clog, and your engine'll bog...

it uses a honeycomb foam for its filter (same like full scale HKS filter)

price-wise,... around 12 US bucks for two w/ oil
Old 03-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

CHUNK CHUNK CHUNK is all i can say. i was running 40s on the rear of my Mtx-3 and if i didnt true them down to like 56mm or lower they would just CHUNK to bits.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

I think Japanese rubber tends to chunk more than GRP for some reason.
We bevel the sides of the tyres (Active) to about 80º and this effectively fixes the problem.
Your more at risk of chunking a tyre if using more suspension movement, say, on a bumpy track.
. . . and going sideways across ripple strips is just asking for it.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

GQ tires are also available in Marvin's hobbies and Speedway. They usually stock Mugens and Serpents, 1/8 and 1/10 on-road.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I think Japanese rubber tends to chunk more than GRP for some reason.
We bevel the sides of the tyres (Active) to about 80º and this effectively fixes the problem.
Your more at risk of chunking a tyre if using more suspension movement, say, on a bumpy track.
. . . and going sideways across ripple strips is just asking for it.
I find the opposite. GRP foam is really bad for chunking here. Japanese rubber is far better on our surfaces than GRP. We even prefer the Swiss rubber better than GRP (UFRA, ARROWS, etc).

Some people think that UFRAs etc are GRP but its not. They are made using Swiss rubber.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by modellor
I find the opposite. GRP foam is really bad for chunking here. Japanese rubber is far better on our surfaces than GRP. We even prefer the Swiss rubber better than GRP (UFRA, ARROWS, etc).

Some people think that UFRAs etc are GRP but its not. They are made using Swiss rubber.
Well, there you go, then - different strokes for different folks.
I dare say with so many variables between cars, tracks, conditions, drivers etc. that it's practically impossible to establish what constitutes a good tyre.

At our home track, the Japanese rubber seems better on the sometimes dusty and medium traction surface, but at another track with better traction and higher speeds the GRP's seem maybe a bit more stable. Stability, more than ultimate traction, is a factor, there.

It sure is difficult to figure out who's-who where foam is concerned, but I thought Arrows were GRP.
Have a look HERE
Old 03-19-2004, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
I would not really know about the first observation but I have very good experience with Speedmind and Sato tires. To me at least, they provide constant traction. Of course traction changes when track and weather changes.

Anyway, contrary to what you mention, their tires do not chunk easy even with the 37 and 35 shore ratings. Especially the sides. As far as I know, they are the most chunking resistant tires out there (if there was any category for this ! ).
Actually my observation is based on 3 different brands: Ellegy, Speedmind, and GQ which I've been using for at least 10 sets of car of each brand on the same track and layout, on the same car and engine, with the same driver (me actually). Plus, what our both retail and wholesale customer have to say

Attahed is the orange nuance painting to fit GQ tires, just for example to share..
Attached Thumbnails GQ tires-resize-imgp0974.jpg  
Old 03-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default nice body

Pyramid: hey I am really liking that new body of yours. did you paint it yourself?
Old 03-19-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Re: nice body

Originally posted by jscamry
Pyramid: hey I am really liking that new body of yours. did you paint it yourself?
Local airbrusher did that job for me... It's actually one of that Tamiya TRF Japan driver design but the painter do it in orange to fit the GQ tires.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Pyramid I see you use your tires till the last drop

I got My first 10 sets of GQ's yesterday , The orange color and BBS type wheel is the coolest thing I've seen so far!!! Really worth it to match a body to them!!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by cox049
Hey Pyramid I see you use your tires till the last drop
I choose the wrong tires shore for 45minutes final.. thats the end result of the tires but chassis already hitting the gound on 25 minutes mark.

Attaached is bottom chassis after final.. it was a brand new car

Good choice on buying GQ.. but the best part is using it so that you know what you've been missing let us know how it turns out for you
Attached Thumbnails GQ tires-resize-imgp0976.jpg  
Old 03-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Car looks really good Pyramid.
. . . now, please fix the wing.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
I choose the wrong tires shore for 45minutes final.. thats the end result of the tires . . . . . .<SNIP>
Tyre wear timed to perfection.
So, when do the overdrive pulleys arrive?
Old 03-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up tires

These tires are awsome!Wear was great, traction was great, and no chunks or ungluing from the rim. When you get the car set right you dont loose excessive tire due to sliding,.
These tires are a great deal also $11.00 a pair straight to the public
Here is the paint I came up with to run with these wheels, I made my own decals too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.