Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
good point.
......if im suckey....are you double suckey???...........better paint a bullseye on that Motonica for next year..you are now my target..........
Old 10-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Scale

So Mr Elliot made a good point about the way we paint our cars. I think we should start the season with any CanAm type body you went (yes, use up any bodies you have laying around if you went), but after watching that 1/12 video, let's have some fun with the paint job. Do what you can to make it look dated
As for bullseyes, if you can make it look right, go ahead. As for being Matts target, Don't sweat the small stuff! While a RC 300 with a 11 tooth pinon is a machine to respect, there's still that sucky driving thing.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default What you say?

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
So Mr Elliot made a good point about the way we paint our cars. I think we should start the season with any CanAm type body you went (yes, use up any bodies you have laying around if you went), but after watching that 1/12 video, let's have some fun with the paint job. Do what you can to make it look dated
As for bullseyes, if you can make it look right, go ahead. As for being Matts target, Don't sweat the small stuff! While a RC 300 with a 11 tooth pinon is a machine to respect, there's still that sucky driving thing.
Glad you finally woke up, Sr! So you wanna start the season with old bodies repainted to look like older bodies? How do you repaint an old body that's already painted? Paint it on the outsidde?

Any news from Dennis on the bodies?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Some people need to be told everything

OK! for those who don't know how to do an old paint job on their CanAm body, some tips: 1. If your can of spray paint works, it's to new. 2. If your brush doesn't turn into one fat bristle with in 10 strokes, your paint is to new. 3. If you got your paint at Hobby Stop and Lester checked you out, your paint is just right!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
OK! for those who don't know how to do an old paint job on their CanAm body, some tips: 1. If your can of spray paint works, it's to new. 2. If your brush doesn't turn into one fat bristle with in 10 strokes, your paint is to new. 3. If you got your paint at Hobby Stop and Lester checked you out, your paint is just right!
Ok, Got it! I've got all three going so I'll use #3, right?

Worked on my #1 Veco-McCoy this week, just need a heat sink and she'll be ready to test run!

#1 K&B 3.5 is all cleaned up and ready to go together when I get a new rod. Wait til you see the orod that was in the motor, I don't remember rods that looked like this one!

I won #2 K&B on eBay today!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Ok, Got it! I've got all three going so I'll use #3, right?

Worked on my #1 Veco-McCoy this week, just need a heat sink and she'll be ready to test run!

#1 K&B 3.5 is all cleaned up and ready to go together when I get a new rod. Wait til you see the orod that was in the motor, I don't remember rods that looked like this one!

I won #2 K&B on eBay today!
......Ned.........do you get a 5 lap head start with a K&B??...................Joe "the ringer" Patrick will reel you in real quick with a K&B in your car......
Old 10-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

,,,,,,,have we now given up on the Parma bodies?..........................might as well just call it done and run what ya brung next year.............
Old 10-31-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default yes

,,,,,,have we now given up on the Parma bodies?....YES! Dennis Young was looking into a better price on Delta Plastic bodies.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Default K&B

Originally Posted by Taylorm
......Ned.........do you get a 5 lap head start with a K&B??...................Joe "the ringer" Patrick will reel you in real quick with a K&B in your car......
Now Matt, have you ever seen a K&B 3.5 run? I bet not! Especially one that I have modified, with a Perry .40 carb (and a Perry .60 in reserve!). I'm looking for a Delta Slider, just in case.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Default Parma Bodies

,,,,,,,have we now given up on the Parma bodies?..........................might as well just call it done and run what ya brung next year.............
I have not gotten any more info from Parma and as Lon says, we are hoping Dennis can get better pricing from DeltaPlastique. I believe he has his prices but I've not heard what they are (he didn't seem impressed ).

As far as I'm concerned, we can always open up the original DeltaPlastique order we started as see if we can get up to the "magic" number of bodies that make the shipping tolerable. The more I see the old stuff, the more I want to build some up, and race 'em!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default bodies

http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...at2=11&cat3=15
The above is a link to the bodies. The bodies aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Shipping is unknown until I place an order, but I think they can be bought comfortably for about $30 a piece and maybe less depending upon freight. We would have to order at least 20 to get that price. The link is above and if people want bodies for the spring they should probably be ordered by February. E-mail me if interested with how many and we'll see if there is enough to place an order. My e-mail is [email protected].
Thx,
Dennis
Old 10-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dyoung
The above is a link to the bodies. The bodies aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Shipping is unknown until I place an order, but I think they can be bought comfortably for about $30 a piece and maybe less depending upon freight. We would have to order at least 20 to get that price. The link is above and if people want bodies for the spring they should probably be ordered by February. E-mail me if interested with how many and we'll see if there is enough to place an order. My e-mail is [email protected].
Thx,
Dennis
DENNIS, I emailed them on shipping....they said 50 Euro for 1 to 20 bodies..........i would be in for 3 if we could get shipping split among a few guys.......
Old 10-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Bodies

Originally Posted by dyoung
Thx,
Dennis
Dennis,
That's about $10 per body less than we figured before, plus shipping! I'd say it's a GO!

We may as well just go back to the previous order info, update it, and go from there. Since most of the Pan guys are in Toledo (and Lon SR. has so much time!) we were going to have the bodies shipped to him and arrangements can be made to get them from him, either by picking them up or shipping them out (at extra cost of course!) We had talked about limiting the orders to two bodies per racer per pan car which is intended to race in Toledo/MWS next season. I'm not sure how the majority wants to handle the 20 body limit for shopping but I think it would be fair for say Lon to have 2 bodies per each of his three cars and "Toledo Joe" to have 2 each for his two cars (IF THEY WANT THEM). I'm sure some of us would take an extra or two if available.....

Here's the list as it was when we explored alternatives:

((((NEED 7 MORE)))))

This will be the running list, when we get to 20 we'll figure out how to get the money and finalize everything.

Matt 2-Porsche 911 (1085)

Ned 1-Porsche (0084) ALSO: TOYOTA Celica (0093) and BUD (0090) IF Possible ;-)
1-FORD Capri (s0709)

Lon 1-FORD Capri (s0709)
1-Lancia (s0623)
1-Ferrari 1/12 (0708) ???????

Joe P. 1-Kroll (0087)
1-Porsche 917 (

Jeff W. 2-Mercedes AMG (s0705)
2-Lola Ford T610 (s0708)

Ned

Last edited by aarcobra; 10-31-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: More info
Old 10-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Default Kinda off topic! But really cool! or If they can, so can we!!!

Check this out!!!

http://www.unlimitedracingchampionship.com/home.htm

I may be missing an R/C race to see these bad boys!! They just need some different bodies......
Old 11-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

......if im suckey....are you double suckey???...........better paint a bullseye on that Motonica for next year..you are now my target..........
what i meant was more power will not make a person a champ. only practice i could trade cars with lon ii or jeff and still be the caboose!. i think the roo is a more practical price for club racing for the average person. but like the saying goes if a guy wins with orange tires you have an instant market for orange tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.