Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

http://www.assocista.jp/home.html
Old 09-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
At this point, run what you got for these last 2 events.
There are 7 P8C cars within the club, 5 have 3 port motors, all have GT bodies. 3 RC300s and a Delta straight axle cars with different motors, and sportscar bodies. The plan is to bring these all into one class in such a way that the 3 or more racers looking to buy know what way to go. These are my thoughts, think about em!
The Vintage pan (straight axle) should always be aloud to run what ever he has. This out of respect for that car for getting us to where we are today, and they look really COOL too! However, if some old combo starts kicking everyone's butt, adjustments (to be determined as needed) well have to be made.
Do those thinking about buying have a problem with getting a non-turbo 3 port motor? That's where I think we should stay. This is not to be a class chasing HP. Sorry about your old 4wd motors, but they were wore out before the Pan came along and have nothing to do with this class. (would suggest you pass them on to the back of the 4wd pack)
I suggest we break the season into two parts and two championships. First half to be sports car bodies (maybe a list of super down force bodies that can not be used). The second half being for what ever GT body you can come up with. Maybe by then we can find some other options.
Let's face it, we all went the same thing here, the honor system should be all we need most of the time. The adding weight idea still sounds good.
If a driver car combo starts to open a gap on the field, adjustments may have to happen.everyone should understand this. I really believe as group of good guys, we don't need the police. Perhaps the MWS or GLC are a different story.
It"s Time to get this stuff together.
Sound Out!! LET'S RACE!!
I sent a email reply to this but I will post a short little bit here.

I also would be in favor of some sort of price control, Offroad motors or something.

300 still allows you to buy a good motor but isnt very costly, I am thinking more about durability.

Also Turbo motors and plugs have more testing into them from all the off road racing, plugs last far longer I am told. these motors also run better and should hold up longer

I am sure we can find a nice mix of something to make it work for everyone.

Anyone know the rules for GT?
Also what are the rules across the pond for there classic class?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default ZUKE, a replay

HKC
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 0

hi,

i've just started in this scale pan car
i'm french too

in france this car is a "classique" class...

rules

-yes 16% of nitro for this year (perhaps change next year??)but just for the french championships (in 5 races)
-no engine limit ..3tr ou 9tr that is your choice (or that you can $)
-2 RWD
-NO two speed gearbox ( no 2nd)
-weigh mini 2300 gr
-no rear diff "torsen" (autoblocant)
-no shocks
-all bodies are OK but EFRA (europeen) approved

my little run..

front 35°
rear 35°

front
castor angle=max
camber angle -1°
toe -1°
pod whit hard foam
not forget the "tweak"

rear
gear diff 150 000cts (i will try some more ..)or ball diff hard (very hard.. i've the 2 diff (euh 2 cars,one converted with brushless mamba monster.. )
camber -2°
toe -3°....
gear 19/47 (little track)

bodies protoform lola T530 = OK
and zyteck V1 =ok but more rear spoiler than the t530..

so now try with front foam in 40°,42°,45°...
Old 09-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HKC
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 0

hi,

i've just started in this scale pan car
i'm french too

in france this car is a "classique" class...

rules

-yes 16% of nitro for this year (perhaps change next year??)but just for the french championships (in 5 races)
-no engine limit ..3tr ou 9tr that is your choice (or that you can $)
-2 RWD
-NO two speed gearbox ( no 2nd)
-weigh mini 2300 gr
-no rear diff "torsen" (autoblocant)
-no shocks
-all bodies are OK but EFRA (europeen) approved

my little run..

front 35°
rear 35°

front
castor angle=max
camber angle -1°
toe -1°
pod whit hard foam
not forget the "tweak"

rear
gear diff 150 000cts (i will try some more ..)or ball diff hard (very hard.. i've the 2 diff (euh 2 cars,one converted with brushless mamba monster.. )
camber -2°
toe -3°....
gear 19/47 (little track)

bodies protoform lola T530 = OK
and zyteck V1 =ok but more rear spoiler than the t530..

so now try with front foam in 40°,42°,45°...
check out the link matt posted some great old cars from japan
Old 09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
can't belive the colection some of those guys have. imagine if they could talk too some of the people we are fortunate too race with.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...i&l=eng&id=291
how about that to slow down the "Flash In A Pan"?....
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

all right all you "pan dudes" i have trophys for the top 4 places. now lets all play nice
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

shipping from Delta plastic on 1 to 20 bodies is 50 Euro....50.00 EUR

=

70.1810 USD ......ARGH.....
Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I see it cost 29 somethings lol.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

shipping from Delta plastic on 1 to 20 bodies is 50 Euro....50.00 EUR

=

70.1810 USD ......ARGH.....
That just means you need to get a big order going. Maybe make a thread about a group buy in vintage bodies and limit it to a total of 20 bodies. Once you hit 20 bodies you place the order.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
That just means you need to get a big order going. Maybe make a thread about a group buy in vintage bodies and limit it to a total of 20 bodies. Once you hit 20 bodies you place the order.
sounds good to me.............
Old 09-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default class what

Matt, This last winter we were having allot of fun playing with these 1/10th sprint cars. They were very close in power and you had to set up a pass at just the right place and fight to make it stick (like everybody running a 3 port). For Oval racing, we were having a blast! Enter the boosted speed control. While those who had these new ESC, didn't see anything wrong or unfair about them as their lap times were not much faster(but faster for sure). The rest of us couldn't help but notice how easily they could pass where ever they wanted to. Our fun class was dead at that point.
hold on there das 1/8th mopar the new esc with boost started that class and then you guys got into our class , in which you guys felt like you could not compete ,,, and that was and is bs there was several drivers running the stock setup and was there at the end of every race so if you guys would of worked on your cars and got them to handle better it would have been alot more fun for the rest of you guys , so please stop putting the blame on the ones that started that class and just realize that some of you did not want to put the effort forward to make your cars faster ( other then useing zipties to get ride height and tape on the front wheel )
Old 09-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2056dennis
hold on there das 1/8th mopar the new esc with boost started that class and then you guys got into our class , in which you guys felt like you could not compete ,,, and that was and is bs there was several drivers running the stock setup and was there at the end of every race so if you guys would of worked on your cars and got them to handle better it would have been alot more fun for the rest of you guys , so please stop putting the blame on the ones that started that class and just realize that some of you did not want to put the effort forward to make your cars faster ( other then useing zipties to get ride height and tape on the front wheel )
When you say that you can "put effort forward to make your cars faster" do you think that chassis set-up can over come the difference between a boosted and non-boosted esc? Or to you "effort" is the same as money? If that is your point, did you tune or boost?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default esc

all im saying is the class was setup to use boosted esc and some stock guys jumped into the class , because they saw how much fun we were haveing and then they felt they could not compete and remind you , me and 2 other guys set the class up for us not knowing these other guys would get in the class and not do brushless , we only went brushless because there was so me issues with the stock motor's and esc's but i will say that the track is so small the boost was not on all that long , and when the other guy that helped to start the class did run just the stock setup ( and he lost alot of motor's and esc's in the process ) he won his share of races it all came down to running a clean race yes the boost would help you get back in a race but you still had to stay clean and once i set my esc it never changed all i worked on was setup and you can ask Dave B about that
Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2056dennis
so Lon II can't set up a car???...thats funny, i can't catch him on the outdoor track..............so now he's lazy???...........electric schmetric......sheesh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.