R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #2791
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
This class has so much to offer in both fun and cost. I thought the builders would have their cars up to speed by now, they're not getting any track time it seems. Wish they'd get a solid european unit so as to get in some high speed R&D.

Thanks for getting this idea planted. We do wander off subject at times, but I like that 2wd racer from all over are looking on and add good stuff in from time to time.

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
....you're not joking abot the cost........Joe P used one set of tires all weekend???........im up to speed...unfortunately my diff isnt........ordering aluminum tonight to turn a proper spool......
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #2792
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
look back too they early pages before us. a guy found the cars and thought this is a good alternative. now we argue over whats copied and what body is on it. by the way huge mac screen is great
I'm a big fan of copies, so long as it's not my ex-wife that's being copied. This earth couldn't stand that much devastation.....

And last year I splurged and bought a new monitor for my computer. I've noticed with this getting older crap that the eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I got a TV with monitor hookups and now can view things in all its 32 inch glory. Don't have to squint as much...now all I have to do is get new glasses so I can make out the yellow and blue blur at the end of the backstraight that I think is my car....
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #2793
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
....you're not joking abot the cost........Joe P used one set of tires all weekend???........im up to speed...unfortunately my diff isnt........ordering aluminum tonight to turn a proper spool......
+1 on the tire front. Foster ran one set of tires the whole time and they look to have another full race left on them. BTW we ran 25 shore rears and 45 fronts.

Jeff
Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #2794
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting View Post
+1 on the tire front. Foster ran one set of tires the whole time and they look to have another full race left on them. BTW we ran 25 shore rears and 45 fronts.

Jeff
Good to know.... I have a ton of 30's for the rear
and didn't think THEY would last..
Old 05-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #2795
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting View Post

Jeff
i tried the extra soft rears but when the traction was up the car seemed "bouncy". great too hear from our founder dj
Old 05-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #2796
Tech Addict

Default News

Just got done ordering the diff. As the resident guinea pig, I'll let everyone know when it arrives and how well/if it fits. I'll do the initial mock-up in my Edam Razor to see what changes, if any, are required....here's hoping it gets the job done....
Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #2797
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Just got done ordering the diff. As the resident guinea pig, I'll let everyone know when it arrives and how well/if it fits. I'll do the initial mock-up in my Edam Razor to see what changes, if any, are required....here's hoping it gets the job done....
..so you going to build a G10 diff equipped Edam??....just remember ...locked out arms are considered a NO-NO....Phil...i just placed an order tonight from MSC.....after my first order they gave me a code to save 25%...might want to check and see if they gave you one for future orders...saved close to 30 bucks.......the place rules...have all kinds of stuff for us metal heads..
Old 05-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #2798
Tech Addict

Default Well

Quote:
..so you going to build a G10 diff equipped Edam??....just remember ...locked out arms are considered a NO-NO....Phil...i just placed an order tonight from MSC.....after my first order they gave me a code to save 25%...might want to check and see if they gave you one for future orders...saved close to 30 bucks.......the place rules...have all kinds of stuff for us metal heads..
I'm half tempted to lock out the arms because I don't see what difference it would make, and it wouldn't be much different movement wise than the front end of a Moto. However...my preference is to make an aluminum piece to tie into the chassis itself for solidity, so that's the way I'll go. Strip out the front end, replace it with one of mine...all pretty minor details, really. I'm not real mobile this week and tons to do but at the very least I can guarantee I'll have the build before the GLC. Any chance I could get you as one of the victims to run it a bit and test it?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #2799
Tech Master

Quote:
I'm half tempted to lock out the arms because I don't see what difference it would make, and it wouldn't be much different movement wise than the front end of a Moto. However...my preference is to make an aluminum piece to tie into the chassis itself for solidity, so that's the way I'll go. Strip out the front end, replace it with one of mine...all pretty minor details, really. I'm not real mobile this week and tons to do but at the very least I can guarantee I'll have the build before the GLC. Any chance I could get you as one of the victims to run it a bit and test it?
I assume before the GLC???.... I won't make the race... ( work thinks
I love working EVER Saturday)..but will hopefully be there
for finals to watch/ help on Sunday.....maybe some year they
will lay me off and I can then race... Lol
Old 05-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #2800
Tech Addict

Quote:
all right gents this sunday am MONACO!!!!. v8 cars great in texas
Old 05-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #2801
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Quote:
You could still run on Sunday....
Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #2802
Tech Master

Quote:
You could still run on Sunday....
Aren't all qualifiers done on Saturday???...not paying 40 bones
for 1 main...ill be your pit/Marshall slave if you want...
Old 05-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #2803
Tech Regular

Default WRC

Got my new WRC cars in today. It's a neat car and I'll have mine in Portage. While I cried about a tax I had to pay and the cost of wiring them money, well it all was forgotten when I opened the box. At this point I say I don't care, even if it cost as much as a 4wd car ( it didn't ), It's not a 4wd, it's a 2wd pan and that a good thing!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Das 1/8th Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #2804
Tech Addict

Default Huh

Quote:
Aren't all qualifiers done on Saturday???...not paying 40 bones
for 1 main...ill be your pit/Marshall slave if you want...
I'm probably wrong but I swear I remember rounds of qualifying on Friday as well. Besides, I thought all the electricians were selling copper on the side...hmm (lol)
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #2805
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar View Post
Got my new WRC cars in today. It's a neat car and I'll have mine in Portage. While I cried about a tax I had to pay and the cost of wiring them money, well it all was forgotten when I opened the box. At this point I say I don't care, even if it cost as much as a 4wd car ( it didn't ), It's not a 4wd, it's a 2wd pan and that a good thing!

LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
I'm shooting for tops at the GLC in pan. Now that you have all new cars, I'll have to invest in a second man on the grassy knoll....