Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd V8 '09

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigBellyCat
That was me. I'm still tuning up the Velox and finding out a lot more things to improve the durability of the platform i'm using. Sad it was raining coz I really wanted to go up against the 966s, the Kyoshos and fellow Velox racers. Anyway, lets see after Raya we just get together and throw together a fun race.
well you running great as im strugle for my engine setup as my engine got new liner and conrod,but if not raining for sure can enjoy the day,just wait n see if got other nitro race after raya..
Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g-wan
well you running great as im strugle for my engine setup as my engine got new liner and conrod,but if not raining for sure can enjoy the day,just wait n see if got other nitro race after raya..
i've done cleaning out the velox and letting her sit together with the new parts being replaced. I'm currently working on the old school Vector to bring to the track and play around with the old on-road engine that still has good compression. When its raining outside which it still seems to do everyday, i'm working on the 511 and db01. i heard theres a fun race after raya
Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

there are four 2mm screws holding up the graphite battery tray. two of the screws are stripped and i cant get them out. my LHS doesnt stock these miniature sizes. I got a cutting tool to slot the screw heads but i think i'll damage the battery tray in the process. do i just let it be secured to the chassis permanently or is there a way i can remove these screws?
Old 08-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

does the 2009 edition pulley replacements have been replaced with the new material?

After another hour of running the 18t pulley turned to eggs. My friends cant figure out why i'm chewing out the belt pulleys but they have upgraded to the alum pulleys. do mugen pulleys fix the velox v8?
Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

there are four 2mm screws holding up the graphite battery tray. two of the screws are stripped and i cant get them out. my LHS doesnt stock these miniature sizes. I got a cutting tool to slot the screw heads but i think i'll damage the battery tray in the process. do i just let it be secured to the chassis permanently or is there a way i can remove these screws?
Try using a small drill bit to drill into the screws from the top. I will probably grab and spin the screw right out.

Slotting is my proffered method. Yes you will end up cutting into the plate a bit but it will still be perfectly fine if you are careful.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Suspended

does the 2009 edition pulley replacements have been replaced with the new material?

After another hour of running the 18t pulley turned to eggs. My friends cant figure out why i'm chewing out the belt pulleys but they have upgraded to the alum pulleys. do mugen pulleys fix the velox v8?
The Shepherd pulley set 2009 is the one with the square adapters. The pulley material is so tough (Kyosho style) that it never disforms. Alu pulleys will eat belts after some time as the teeth get sharpen in time.

Check on this page if your set is the same:

http://www.team-shepherd.nl/index.ph...1&limitstart=6
Old 08-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

I do not have any of these parts on my car, so maybe thats why i'm suffering from parts entrophy. I will be ordering these upgraded components asap.

Can someone help me with the pinions/pulleys combination? When should we be using the 25T/26T pulley in our setups? I'm using the 16t/21t pinion 49t/46t spur to exploit the best acceleration and top speed, but how do we factor in the front and rear tyre diameters, the pulleys etc into our setup?

What sort of tyre diameter should I be aiming for after the end of a 1hr main using the standard 26T pulley? what happens if I change it to 25T? Is there a chart I can compare this and find the better combination of pinions?

Currently i'm setup for a medium low traction track, but would like some info on how to adjust to other tracks if required.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Suspended

Can someone help me with the pinions/pulleys combination? When should we be using the 25T/26T pulley in our setups? I'm using the 16t/21t pinion 49t/46t spur to exploit the best acceleration and top speed, but how do we factor in the front and rear tyre diameters, the pulleys etc into our setup?

What sort of tyre diameter should I be aiming for after the end of a 1hr main using the standard 26T pulley? what happens if I change it to 25T? Is there a chart I can compare this and find the better combination of pinions?
We never use the 25T, maybe others do. 21T / 46T seems a bit too much, focus more on power / traction than on topspeed. On a realy fast engine try 21 / 47 or 20 / 45. Wheel gap must be around 6,5mm / 7mm.

After a 1hr main? That will depend upon the track, I can tell you that you will need a tyre change

As far as I know there is no chart.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the Mugen servo saver spring fits the car? I know some guys use the Kyosho one but i cant get a hold of one.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Does anyone know if the Mugen servo saver spring fits the car? I know some guys use the Kyosho one but i cant get a hold of one.
Maybe a strange question, but why should you do that?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
one time i blamed the spring for a centering problem, but it turned out to be the adjustable ackerman horn. the ears had bent out a little and it would take a set to the left or right after a hard corner.

some guys added a 2nd screw to pin the connection, and others went to the alloy part from teamc or shepherd.

i used a spare plastic part which has held up so far. maybe the earlier parts' plastic was softer? don't know but its something to check.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Maybe a strange question, but why should you do that?
Because i believe it is too soft.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

That alum servo saver from Team C was one of my first upgrades. Very good at holding center and no breakage. It does stiffen up the spring setting though so i backed off one turn and still get very responsive handling. I wouldnt go on replacing the plastic servo saver coz if it tweaks to the left or the right during a race, i'll be struggling just to get it to run
Old 08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm the overnight TQ for the first annual Jon Laster Memorial race. Man I love this car. I've never had a 1/8th turn like this on a slick track and still grip off the corner.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default GLC setups

Hello
Attached is Josh Cyrul's and my setup from this past weekends GLC race in Toledo Ohio.

Josh was on his way to a victory, but was caught up in a late race shunt.

My car was good in the main, placing third after having learning the personality of my new Sirio engine.

If you have any questions, please feel to ask.

Mark Sweeney
Team Shepherd/CEFX
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Josh Cyrul Toledo GLC 2010.pdf (391.8 KB, 180 views)
File Type: pdf
Mark Sweeney Toledo GLC 2010.pdf (391.7 KB, 186 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.