R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default Shepherd V8 '09

Hello Everyone,

Please use this new thread to post questions, comments, pics, updates, etc reguarding the V8.

Thanks!!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Hello Everyone,

Please use this new thread to post questions, comments, pics, updates, etc reguarding the V8.

Thanks!!
Hi Josh, did you try the difference between the rear end conversion ( moving the rear lower arm closer to the gear box) because I am having small problem with mine rubbing the wheels (ball end) and thinking to go back to the original.

tks
Chris
Old 07-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
Tech Master

Chris - It depends on the wheels but yes, sometimes they do rub a little on the shock bottom ball cup. Honestly, it's not a big deal and I just run it as is. The wheels will "wear" the ball cup a little and from there it's fine and doesn't continue to the point where the ball cup is damaged or unusable. I know some guys take a knife and clean up the ball cup a little so this doesn't happen but to me it's not a worry.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Suspended

nice....
OILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
Tech Master

Today, we are working on getting things finished up but CEFX will be importing Team C Racing products. We are getting the price lists together and will be getting them out to the dealers. Team C makes the aluminum servo saver for the V8 along with upper arm spacers, brass battery tray and lots of other cool stuff. Also, they will be making some hop-ups for the V10 and other cars as well!! All of the Team C products will also be up on the CEFX site as I am trying to get things loaded into it over the coming week!!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx

http://www.teamcracing.net/index_pro...1&imgid=449102

Last edited by entitymugenmtx; 07-07-2009 at 12:17 PM.
entitymugenmtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to macaurc Send a message via MSN to macaurc

Josh, Can tell me whats different of Black shoes and White shoes? which is more powerfull? THX
macaurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaurc View Post
Josh, Can tell me whats different of Black shoes and White shoes? which is more powerfull? THX
The difference is that the white shoes just engage a bit more agressive. If used dont apply any "slip".
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
http://www.raywoodrcvideos.com/site3/default.htm

July 1, 2009. The next big DVD will be the 2009 IFMAR 1:8 On Road Worlds from Lostalo, Switzerland, 11 - 23 August. Big thanks to TEAM SHEPHERD http://www.team-shepherd.com/ (makers of the VELOX car) who are helping with costs to get me there.

Pretty cool that TS is helping here!

Josh are you ready for the WC?
sebtarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebtarta View Post
Pretty cool that TS is helping here!

Josh are you ready for the WC?
2 weeks, 1 day and 9 hours before we leave! First 1,5 week to get climatized and then ... LETS ROCK!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #11
Tech Master

All has been quiet on the V8 thread but that doesn't mean we haven't been working a TON!! A lot of testing and preparation for the coming WC in Lostallo. As well as the prep for the WC, I've been at MWS series races and the Toledo track a bit and this weekend will be a good test against some of the top 1/8 drivers in the US. It should be a great warm-up for the ROAR Nationals as well as a solid event to use as a last major test session before the WC. I've got a lot of news and updates to get going on but there's just been so much work that I haven't caught up yet. A little more work tommorow and I'll try to update everyone with MWS #4 results and some info about my testing.

We also have new product anouncements from Shepherd, Team C and CEFX.... More coming soon!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Quote:

We also have new product anouncements from Shepherd, Team C and CEFX.... More coming soon!
Dont forget to mention that these new products make the car very compatitive!!!

Josh, can you send me your setup from Lostallo?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #13
Tech Master

Mr. Sorber - The car already is very competitive. We're just trying to make it better than the rest. Honestly, I don't really have a set-up from Lostallo...lol... I tested a lot just to learn the track and how the car reacted to the changes there. I don't think it was all that good but I can send it or just post it here if you like. I would get Patrick's set-up as he was able to make it to the final with his V8.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Quote:
Mr. Sorber - The car already is very competitive. We're just trying to make it better than the rest. Honestly, I don't really have a set-up from Lostallo...lol... I tested a lot just to learn the track and how the car reacted to the changes there. I don't think it was all that good but I can send it or just post it here if you like. I would get Patrick's set-up as he was able to make it to the final with his V8.
Josh, its Pieter ...
Never competitive enough Our last national gave a glimps of the improvements... POLE!

I already have the setup from Mr Trick but was wondering if there where any differences with other drivers. We will take this one as start...
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #15
Tech Master

My set-up was quite strange so I rather not confuse everyone to start off the event...lol...

To everyone checking out the CEFX web site, sorry but I screwed it up today and accidentially deleted the images folder (I was trying to delete just 1 image!!). I put what I could back up there but I'm waiting for the man to hook me back up and upload all the other files again. As soon as the site is back in 1 piece, I'll continue with my updates.

Thanks!