Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by kevink2
I believe those are for the 1/10th scale sedans running a diff in the rear.
No it's not for the 1/10th scale sedan. You can mail Lee Muse directly. He did it for his 950R. Here is one of his postings on mytsn 950R forum...

I am selling my car. It is a 950R with both a one way front end and a solid full time locked front end. It has been modified to run a Mugen rear belt (9mm wide) in the front so that it gets great belt life. This is a super car. Sale price with extra parts = $375. contact Lee Muse at 1-866-nitroRC for additional details.

Lee Muse
Winner's Circle Gas RC Car
[email protected]
1-866-nitroRC

I have been running a locked front end for almost a year in my 950R and it is awesome. I am able to brake late and hard and the car won't spin out. I have not noticed any loss of steering.

I am the owner of Winner's Circle Gas RC Car (gasrccar.com) and I have the locked front ends in stock. They consist of a special machined center piece, a Kawahara 24T front pulley, Kawahara 16T rear pulley, a Mugen rear belt and 2 machined dog bone drivers. This entire kit sells for $120.

Lee Muse
Old 03-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
No it's not for the 1/10th scale sedan. You can mail Lee Muse directly. He did it for his 950R. Here is one of his postings on mytsn 950R forum...

I am selling my car. It is a 950R with both a one way front end and a solid full time locked front end. It has been modified to run a Mugen rear belt (9mm wide) in the front so that it gets great belt life. This is a super car. Sale price with extra parts = $375. contact Lee Muse at 1-866-nitroRC for additional details.

Lee Muse
Winner's Circle Gas RC Car
[email protected]
1-866-nitroRC

I have been running a locked front end for almost a year in my 950R and it is awesome. I am able to brake late and hard and the car won't spin out. I have not noticed any loss of steering.

I am the owner of Winner's Circle Gas RC Car (gasrccar.com) and I have the locked front ends in stock. They consist of a special machined center piece, a Kawahara 24T front pulley, Kawahara 16T rear pulley, a Mugen rear belt and 2 machined dog bone drivers. This entire kit sells for $120.

Lee Muse
Interesting... well somebody buy one and let everyone know how it works!!
Old 03-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Interesting... well somebody buy one and let everyone know how it works!!
Can somebody buy this already and let us know???
Old 03-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by manokgt4
Can somebody buy this already and let us know???
Don't know if they are available for the Evolva. It only mentioned that the conversion was for the Serpent and the Mugen.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Rookie

hey all,
I am soon to be new to the ranks of 1/8th scale on-road and an very extactic about it. I am not really new to on-road, just to 1/8th scale. So im really looking forward to it. After doing some reading up on the different cars the evolva was more appealing to me and it should be here in the next couple days.
Anything to watch out for when building the kit? or tricks you all know of for setting it up?

The motor I got with it is the O.S. .21 VZ-R Turbo II w/20K Carb. any of you have experiance with the engine? How it runs, power, longevity?

I will be running it out at RAMS club on the 10th of april with a buddy of mine that got back into it. So watch out! lol

thanks for the advise

Brian~
Old 03-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Evolva at the RAMS

The car builds with no problems. The instructions are quite clear. We, too, run at the RAMS with a flock of Evolvas (5 of them). You are welcome to stop by and we'll be happy to help you with set-ups and tips. We run Jaco tires - 35's early and 38's later as the track comes up. Any questions come up feel free to ask.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Awsome, thanks

Do you have just a base line setup that I can build the car up with? Or is the factory one decent as a starting point? I have a set of 38 shore f/r jacos coming with it.

Brian~
Old 03-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Scrub set?

Here's a dumb question, can anyone tell me what this adjustment is for, listed on the setup sheets? For the front, the choices are 0.5 and 1.0. For the rear, it's 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0. The diagrams point to an area between the knuckles and the axle pin. How do you adjust it and how does is affect handling?
Old 03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Scrub set?

Here's a dumb question, can anyone tell me what this adjustment is for, listed on the setup sheets? For the front, the choices are 0.5 and 1.0. For the rear, it's 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0. The diagrams point to an area between the knuckles and the axle pin. How do you adjust it and how does is affect handling?
I do not consider it a dumb question (since I do not know the answer). I just setup the car using the stock settings for the scrub set and let it be.

Maybe one day I should play with it to see what they do.......
Old 03-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Set-up

F/R Ride: 8mm

Front: 1.5º toe out each side
Caster centered
12 ackerman block
Front: Kit springs/oil (or Mugen Whites) stood up.
Camber: 1º - per side
Ride width 253-4mm

Rear: 2.5º toe in each side
Camber: 1.75º - per side
Ride width 262mm
Rear: Kit springs/oil 2nd position from bottom.

gears 16/21 and 44/49. your motor will probably need to gear 16/21 and 45/48
Old 03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Very important!

Protoform Lola Body is critical
Old 03-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Rookie

thank you very much. I will build it up that way

I had trouble getting ahold of the protoform body so i have a parma one on its way. once i get up to speed with the car ill get one.

Is the engine a good one for starting out? the bank seemd to dissagree when I told them the faster ones were more expensive. lol
Old 03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Scrub

Scrub Radius. This is distance from the center of the tire to the point where a line down the kingpin axis intersects the ground. Along with caster this affects wheel lift during cornering. Scrub radius is set using spacers on the stub axle. It has an effect on turn in and push on power.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Default Engine

Your engine will be just fine. You have lots to learn and experience. Be calm, ask questions and enjoy!!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Scrub

Originally posted by Rich Browne
Scrub Radius. This is distance from the center of the tire to the point where a line down the kingpin axis intersects the ground. Along with caster this affects wheel lift during cornering. Scrub radius is set using spacers on the stub axle. It has an effect on turn in and push on power.
Thanks Rich, I think I get it now. The "scrub set" is changed by moving the spacers around inside and outside the knuckles/hubs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.