Wiki Posts
Search

Cyrul leaves Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey everyone, I'll have an announcement soon on where I am going. As far as what happened, since the origional person I delt with at Motonica left (Silvano) the communication has been very difficult and Garen has tried his best to help me with communicating with them. I tried immediatly after the ROAR Nats @ 301 to get re-signed for 2009 (it was only a 1 year deal) but it was to no avail. Finally, I recieved an offer that was much less but I still said I would accept it when the contract was sent. Needless to say, Ft. Myers came and went with no contract, no return e-mails so I didn't go. Adding to that I had phneumonia so I would have stayed home anyway. Motonica took it that I didn't attend "to teach them a lesson" and cut the offer down so much that I would only attend a few races all year. It's sad but true so I declined their offer and moved on.

It's funny how I read on the RedRC post that people call us drivers unloyal but a lot of times it's more mfg issues or changes that force us to do what we do. I only left Kyosho because management changed and I was forced out of Kyosho International and onto Kyosho USA who at the time just hired Pavidis and Jr. as well as just aquiring Team Orion USA. There wasn't room in the budget for me so I had to move on. Sad as I honestly wanted to end my career with Kyosho as they were one of the best companies I've had the honor of racing for and working with.

This happens more than anyone realizes. As mfg's have current product that is competitive and they have their sales base they trim the budget to increase profits and usually the first to get cut off is the drivers who went out and won the races, promoted their products and helped with testing and development that made the car/product what it is. Being in the industry so long, honestly it's sad to see so many times how other "pros" are treated and how many times it's happened to all of us. Of course, everyone else just thinks we are spoiled brats with no loyalty but in reality - this is our job, not our hobby (I bowl or roller blade/hockey as a hobby) so it's difficult to balance. Don't get me wrong, I love racing and would probably continue on a local level if I didn't have sponsors but I think spending 150+ days a year on the road (away from home) puts it a little further out there than most realize......

As I said, I wish Motonica the best of luck and especially Garen. Garen did all he could to keep me at Motonica and for that I am forever greatful. I think they have a great new car coming so I am sure they will be more than fine without me this year!!

Now, back to work!!
What a class act! Thanks Josh for all your help at the tracks, and answering my dumb questions!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it is best to wait and let Josh tell us what is going on through this thread or other news sites.

Josh told me about this experience as a sponsored driver when he was at our track in MD. It makes me that much happier that I am not sponsored. I'd rather work at a hobby store and get its discounts versus racing for a company. Some the stuff they put drivers through is BS. This is supposed to be a hobby. Not a freakin job.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Good luck Josh!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

this will cost motonica in more ways than one ... good luck josh and well done to which ever company have signed you...they will be getting one of the best and most respected drivers in the world and iam sure a lot of drivers will follow you..to the brand

all the best
lee
Old 03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

good luck josh !!! wish you the best with your new plans your one of the best in the USA !!!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rapid-rc
this will cost motonica in more ways than one ... good luck josh and well done to which ever company have signed you...they will be getting one of the best and most respected drivers in the world and iam sure a lot of drivers will follow you..to the brand

all the best
lee
Motonica will be fine. Josh will be fine. I just hope things get worked out in the future so we can see the yellow, green, white, and red on his back again.

Motonica should have let Garen do all the PR stuff since he is one of the best representatives a company can have and gets things done quickly, diligently, and effectively. And Garen respects his drivers more than a lot of other people in the industry.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's funny how I read on the RedRC post that people call us drivers unloyal but a lot of times it's more mfg issues or changes that force us to do what we do.

Of course, everyone else just thinks we are spoiled brats with no loyalty but in reality - this is our job, not our hobby (I bowl or roller blade/hockey as a hobby) so it's difficult to balance.
Unloyal spoiled brats? I don't think that and I don't know anybody who does. I think it's just a vocal few that are probably just jealous because nobody wants to sponsor them. You are an amazing driver that could put a radio shack car in the a-main. Good luck on your new deal Josh.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Cyrul

I have never met Josh, but of course have read about him countless times,and watched him race at at couple of events.
I have to say he handled the situation with dignity and respect.
I wish him the best.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Who is this Josh Cyrul Guy anyways...
Old 03-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Josh has always been a class act. I worked with him when I was at Trinity and he was always honest and straight forward to deal with. He consistantly is one of the top people in our industry - as a racer, a company owner, track owner - he's done it all. And it's because of his hard work and dedication.

Good Luck with your new rides!! Nick Malato
Old 03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Of course a few friends that have called know...lol.... Honestly, it's really exciting what's happening and I can't wait to get things rolling. My first race will actually be the Motonica GP out in Vegas (ironic). The official press release will come from the company as soon as I recieve my kits/shirts so we can take some pictures and then the "beans" will be spilled.

Yes, I will be at the IFMAR Pre-Worlds and I will be at the Worlds as well. I plan on hitting all the events I did last year and if there are conflicts that don't allow me to make any then I will probably go to a different one to make up for it but I plan on racing a lot of nitro this year.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Bring your new ride out to the Capitol Classic.

I imagine being a manufacturer yourself complicates potential sponsorship deals.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Of course a few friends that have called know...lol.... Honestly, it's really exciting what's happening and I can't wait to get things rolling. My first race will actually be the Motonica GP out in Vegas (ironic). The official press release will come from the company as soon as I recieve my kits/shirts so we can take some pictures and then the "beans" will be spilled.

Yes, I will be at the IFMAR Pre-Worlds and I will be at the Worlds as well. I plan on hitting all the events I did last year and if there are conflicts that don't allow me to make any then I will probably go to a different one to make up for it but I plan on racing a lot of nitro this year.
My Guess Is Team Sheperd
Old 03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Seems like all the important individuals know.........hmmmmm
C'mon Eli!! You're an important guy too!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll never forget that Josh helped me with Nitro motors through his website( personal service at it's best)...cyrul engineering....He took the time to respond to my emails and questions personally...

A class act, and I wish him the best...

here is his website, a plethora of info.

http://www.cefx.net/tips/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.