R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Cyrul leaves Motonica (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/280693-cyrul-leaves-motonica.html)

wingracer 03-05-2009 08:53 PM

Cyrul leaves Motonica

http://www.redrc.net/2009/03/josh-cy...aves-motonica/

So where is he going? Let the rampant speculation begin. :D

rcrevolution 03-05-2009 09:05 PM

hes going to disneyland!

lol maybe team magic? hahaha

HarryN 03-05-2009 09:39 PM

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...tonica-36.html

It's absolutely fascinating what you can find on forums these days. Especially news that was already posted in a 1/8 scale motonica thread already! :D

The only action performed was clicking on the "Last Page" link and voila! There it was!

It's maaaaggggiiiicccccc..... wooooooooooaaahhhhh :tire::tire:

speedracer1bp 03-05-2009 10:31 PM

It's absolutely fascinating what you can find on forums these days. Especially news that was already posted in a 1/8 scale motonica thread already! :D

The only action performed was clicking on the "Last Page" link and voila! There it was!

It's maaaaggggiiiicccccc..... wooooooooooaaahhhhh :tire::tire:[/QUOTE]

LOL Harry you ROCK!!:lol::lol:

wingracer 03-06-2009 05:50 AM

True, but I doubt all you Motonica guys would appreciate people talking about his next gig in your thread.

HarryN 03-06-2009 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 5518048)
True, but I doubt all you Motonica guys would appreciate people talking about his next gig in your thread.

What is his new gig? Is he going back to his company to further develop and possibly produce his pan car? Doing something else with TOP Racing?

Josh Cyrul 03-06-2009 07:28 AM

Hey everyone, I'll have an announcement soon on where I am going. As far as what happened, since the origional person I delt with at Motonica left (Silvano) the communication has been very difficult and Garen has tried his best to help me with communicating with them. I tried immediatly after the ROAR Nats @ 301 to get re-signed for 2009 (it was only a 1 year deal) but it was to no avail. Finally, I recieved an offer that was much less but I still said I would accept it when the contract was sent. Needless to say, Ft. Myers came and went with no contract, no return e-mails so I didn't go. Adding to that I had phneumonia so I would have stayed home anyway. Motonica took it that I didn't attend "to teach them a lesson" and cut the offer down so much that I would only attend a few races all year. It's sad but true so I declined their offer and moved on.

It's funny how I read on the RedRC post that people call us drivers unloyal but a lot of times it's more mfg issues or changes that force us to do what we do. I only left Kyosho because management changed and I was forced out of Kyosho International and onto Kyosho USA who at the time just hired Pavidis and Jr. as well as just aquiring Team Orion USA. There wasn't room in the budget for me so I had to move on. Sad as I honestly wanted to end my career with Kyosho as they were one of the best companies I've had the honor of racing for and working with.

This happens more than anyone realizes. As mfg's have current product that is competitive and they have their sales base they trim the budget to increase profits and usually the first to get cut off is the drivers who went out and won the races, promoted their products and helped with testing and development that made the car/product what it is. Being in the industry so long, honestly it's sad to see so many times how other "pros" are treated and how many times it's happened to all of us. Of course, everyone else just thinks we are spoiled brats with no loyalty but in reality - this is our job, not our hobby (I bowl or roller blade/hockey as a hobby) so it's difficult to balance. Don't get me wrong, I love racing and would probably continue on a local level if I didn't have sponsors but I think spending 150+ days a year on the road (away from home) puts it a little further out there than most realize......

As I said, I wish Motonica the best of luck and especially Garen. Garen did all he could to keep me at Motonica and for that I am forever greatful. I think they have a great new car coming so I am sure they will be more than fine without me this year!!

Now, back to work!!

wingracer 03-06-2009 07:33 AM

Good info. It's got to be tough on you pros when the economy is down like this. Glad to hear you already have other options. Now if you would just TELL US WHO! :D

Sorry, I'll sit over hear and wait impatiently.

SOLOARTIST 702 03-06-2009 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul (Post 5518351)
Hey everyone, I'll have an announcement soon on where I am going. As far as what happened, since the origional person I delt with at Motonica left (Silvano) the communication has been very difficult and Garen has tried his best to help me with communicating with them. I tried immediatly after the ROAR Nats @ 301 to get re-signed for 2009 (it was only a 1 year deal) but it was to no avail. Finally, I recieved an offer that was much less but I still said I would accept it when the contract was sent. Needless to say, Ft. Myers came and went with no contract, no return e-mails so I didn't go. Adding to that I had phneumonia so I would have stayed home anyway. Motonica took it that I didn't attend "to teach them a lesson" and cut the offer down so much that I would only attend a few races all year. It's sad but true so I declined their offer and moved on.

It's funny how I read on the RedRC post that people call us drivers unloyal but a lot of times it's more mfg issues or changes that force us to do what we do. I only left Kyosho because management changed and I was forced out of Kyosho International and onto Kyosho USA who at the time just hired Pavidis and Jr. as well as just aquiring Team Orion USA. There wasn't room in the budget for me so I had to move on. Sad as I honestly wanted to end my career with Kyosho as they were one of the best companies I've had the honor of racing for and working with.

This happens more than anyone realizes. As mfg's have current product that is competitive and they have their sales base they trim the budget to increase profits and usually the first to get cut off is the drivers who went out and won the races, promoted their products and helped with testing and development that made the car/product what it is. Being in the industry so long, honestly it's sad to see so many times how other "pros" are treated and how many times it's happened to all of us. Of course, everyone else just thinks we are spoiled brats with no loyalty but in reality - this is our job, not our hobby (I bowl or roller blade/hockey as a hobby) so it's difficult to balance. Don't get me wrong, I love racing and would probably continue on a local level if I didn't have sponsors but I think spending 150+ days a year on the road (away from home) puts it a little further out there than most realize......

As I said, I wish Motonica the best of luck and especially Garen. Garen did all he could to keep me at Motonica and for that I am forever greatful. I think they have a great new car coming so I am sure they will be more than fine without me this year!!

Now, back to work!!

good luck see ya soon keep your head up :D

Ivan Dickson 03-06-2009 07:53 AM

WOW very interesting:nod: gave me a whole new prospective on being a sponsored driver... I was wondering why sponsored drivers go to different teams each year :weird: well now I know....:nod::tire::tire:

rc-sonic 03-06-2009 08:59 AM

Good info……. :nod:

Josh, will you attend 1/8 world race this year? Just curious what ride you would have later…………. :)

Andy who? 03-06-2009 09:08 AM

:sneaky: For the right amount of money I could be willing to spill the beans.:nod:

Give me a heads up Stosh and we'll split it. :lol:

1fastdude 03-06-2009 09:44 AM

How much are we talking here..............Andy? :nod::eek::ha:

Rick Vessell 03-06-2009 10:31 AM

I'll take some of that since I know too.:D

1fastdude 03-06-2009 10:32 AM

Seems like all the important individuals know.........hmmmmm :weird: :cry: :tire: :ha: