Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: One just for InitialD

Originally posted by markp27
I know Alex quite well - for quite a long time I was his photographer and unfortunately, like so often is the case in racing, the nice guys don't quite make it. You guys are only seeing the "star" side of Alexs, but I can tell you that the guy is very genuine and kind - one of the nicest guys I met on the race track during my time there.
In F3 he was mega quick - I saw him overtake a guy on the outside of a turn on the last lap - it look like he was going to spear off the track big style, but somehow he got around the guy - it was the most impressive piece of driving I have seen in F3.
Unfortunately, shortly after this Alex had a very big accident at Spa - he was luckly he wasn't killed! After this accident he was never really the same again. Personally, although he never mentioned it, I think this affected him really badly - I'm not surprised either!!
The step up to F1 was wrong for him, perhaps if he'd had a couple more years in F3000, he would have settled down.
End of speech
Now he's happily married and a father ... amen.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey there guys... looking for the sping configs and for the different spring sets... I found this.....

Just who is this InitialD guy who keeps hogging the lime-light? ;-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Base on current facts, we can report that he:
1. Is a woman
2. Has hairy legs
3. Has a big pot belly
4. Has a moustache
5. He‘s very old
6. Has some kind of fetish to do with polka dots!
7. Likes bermudas
8. Likes to be close to snakes!
And is somewhere in these pictures:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=615644
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=507744

from this I deduce that... Dees apple had a bit taken out by a hacker and he slashed this in or... Dee is losing it to his apple...

You know... windows suck... I prefer doors, at least I can walk outside to drive my 710... but it isnt here yet, so I need to dream and watch through windows...
Old 03-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

On a more serious note. I am intwo minds about a bag... I can get a large serpent bag or a trinity bag, both for a similar price, but I want to know if one would be able to carry a 200mm tourer in the serpent bag. pity trinity have a nice bag, should have serpent on it....
Old 03-15-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cyba888
Definately a 1/8th scale dream track since its so dam big. Here is the right side of the track.
wow! And its FOC?
Old 03-15-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
I assume that is toe out?
No. toed in.

Are you using offset GQ tires? Perhaps the 1 mm shorter Impact dogbones on each side will work fine but I do not find any problem when I go down to 197 mm trackwidth in the rear with the current stock dogbones. The pivot ball at the upper rear arms need to go in max but without binding the edge of the arms. Camber is -3.5 and -3. Perhaps with -4.5 camber, it would be more difficult to keep the rear trackwidth to below 200 mm.
0 offset of GQ when comparing to Ellegy EVI rims (stock green) is differ by .5mm. So when you set the trackwidth 200mm with GQ (0 offset) you must put .5mm spacer when putting EVI wheels.
In front, differ by 1mm !!
Not sure, which one is correct.
But when you use Yokomo setting wheel, the GQ ones is have exactly the same trackwidth.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BaxterC
Just who is this InitialD guy who keeps hogging the lime-light? ;-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Base on current facts, we can report that he:
1. Is a woman
2. Has hairy legs
3. Has a big pot belly
4. Has a moustache
5. He‘s very old
6. Has some kind of fetish to do with polka dots!
7. Likes bermudas
8. Likes to be close to snakes!
ROTFLMAO
Old 03-15-2004, 05:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

and this was in his faq file, I must admit, dee has a sence of humour...

Have a look at the end of the document...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
710faqlube.pdf (189.9 KB, 341 views)
Old 03-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

People wil only do that when they feel insecure about themselves and about what they drive ! Lets see how well he does with his car or if he gets whacked by the 710 on his track !
i agree!
here is another picture ,serpent(red car) wins again!!

Last edited by Marcos.J; 03-15-2004 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

dee, I must admit that you make me laugh ALL the time. I hope you realise I am only joking... I mean no offense. I have a basket of ~$1000 with rc-mushroom and about $100 with Towerhobbies... I want time to fly... and it is our elections soon... I hope we get a good president in as we are struggling with 'appartheid' against us white minority... but it will play havoc with customs.... and they will charg me 10% customs that is not 10% but more like 35%
Old 03-15-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Marco... Is that you in da middle? You look like an old friend of mine... but he never raced anything and he is South African... i havent seen him in many years... What body is that? is it a stratus?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Marco... Is that you in da middle? You look like an old friend of mine... but he never raced anything and he is South African... i havent seen him in many years... What body is that? is it a stratus?
no is the BMW ,its okay im going to change it to the stratus, that body was given to me so i had to use it, but it performs very well,
by the way they always say that you have a double somewhere in the world that looks like you ,
Old 03-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Welll... I am sure we will meet soon, I will be travelling the world to race next year... at all the well known tracks...
Old 03-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Welll... I am sure we will meet soon, I will be travelling the world to race next year... at all the well known tracks...
you should come and check out our track here in florida its Full Throttle Speedway here are some pics

or click on this link
Full Throttle Speedway
Old 03-15-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
wow! And its FOC?
yup
Old 03-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
no is the BMW ,its okay im going to change it to the stratus, that body was given to me so i had to use it, but it performs very well,
by the way they always say that you have a double somewhere in the world that looks like you ,
Well, if that's you then congratulations are in order. Well done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.