Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Here's the evidence you've been looking for D!!!

Originally posted by markp27
I'm using the race brake disc and pads, as can be seen here.
How much did you get them for? I have the 9606 vented disc and it was expensive if I'm not mistaken. The 9607 race brake pads are expensive too but I think but it's not available here...
Old 03-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Here's the evidence you've been looking for D!!!

Not so far with the assembly yet, but here's a couple of full technicolour D1 pics!
For all we know, you ran to the nearest LHS and got those pics !

Anyway, great pics as usual Mark !
Old 03-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
Have to second that...but Serpent will be releasing New LowerRearWishbone with better material I think... After a couple of cartwheeling I could just pull off the pivotball with my fingers. Added some CA just to secure it.
Yup, some CA glue should make the plastic get back some threading. For the moment, Serpent recommends to use the older steel pivot balls (808346) meant for the 705 / Impulse / Impact / 835 / Vector / Veteq / 950 which are longer in the rear lower arms.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, the fuel tube, fuel tank and belts look too new ! Have you driven the car yet?

S5 is based on the NSR version of the NovaMax which is with the micro casted piston which should be the one that is currently sold. The P5 is the older one based on the NS piston.
That pic was taken whe it was new. You dont want to see my car now...it looks like it got gang banged
Old 03-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I found a pic of a pretty snake. It got 2nd in the concourse. Congrats Pit-racer!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-112-1293_img.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb

Originally posted by cyba888
I got this tip from the guys ar my track. They cut their front bumper so that during impact it wont damage the downstop screws. Mine was already broken so might as well shave it off
By the way when in a crash I dont understand why the shock pistons break. What kind of impact makes the pistons break, the bumper hitting it or the arms bending back? Or is the whole car jolting when hitting a wall?
A frontal impact will cause the lower bumper to bend either down into the pavement, or up. If you look at your picture, it is easy to visualize the upper plate being driven up and aft, and into the shocks, with a front end impact.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Here's the evidence you've been looking for D!!!

How much did you get them for? I have the 9606 vented disc and it was expensive if I'm not mistaken. The 9607 race brake pads are expensive too but I think but it's not available here...
I wasn't going to use the vented disc and race brake pads, but then I glued the brake pads on the wrong side of the brake shoes stupid mistake
I was keeping the items for the Vector NT - never mind, they look really good in the 710.

As for price, I can't remember, as I bought them October last year, I think.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Here's the evidence you've been looking for D!!!

For all we know, you ran to the nearest LHS and got those pics !

Anyway, great pics as usual Mark !
Maybe I even got paid do take the shots

Hopefully some more pics tonight - still waiting for my servos and engine, though
Old 03-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Did the kit came with the vented disk brake?

Or is your girlfriend venting some braking on you now!
No, this was a part which I had bought for my Vector NT. After gluing my brake pads the wrong way round (i.e. one wrong) on the 710 brake shoes I decided to use the race parts.

If my girlfriend ever finds out what I've bought....
Old 03-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Hopefully some more pics tonight - still waiting for my servos and engine, though
Why in hurry? Just go the LHS and take pics of the car complete with engine and servos !
Old 03-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's the evidence you've been looking for D!!!

I wasn't going to use the vented disc and race brake pads, but then I glued the brake pads on the wrong side of the brake shoes stupid mistake
I was keeping the items for the Vector NT - never mind, they look really good in the 710.
Can't you pry it out and detach it? Ummm, don't worry about it. I still got it wrong after 3 times glueing the stock brake pads. Impulse PRO, 705 and the 710 !

As for price, I can't remember, as I bought them October last year, I think.
You bought them at RCCarinternational?
Old 03-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's the evidence you've been looking for D!!!

Can't you pry it out and detach it? Ummm, don't worry about it. I still got it wrong after 3 times glueing the stock brake pads. Impulse PRO, 705 and the 710 !

You bought them at RCCarinternational?
3 Times!! Somehow I fluked it the first time. I didn't want to try and detach it, as I thought the brake material would just break up....but there again, it's on the wrong way anyway!!

I believe I got them at rccarinternational - unless serpent.at were cheaper.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was looking at the 710 instructions online and see that they recommend using moly grease on the diff balls and thrust bearing. Can AE Stealth lube be used in these applications? What is "moly grease"? Never heard of it. I have Castrol Synthetic Grease in a tube I use for my pinion gears for my 1/8 buggy diffs.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:30 PM

SER-802301 (rear shock tower), new one is 4mm with different center hole cut.. all damper holes placement are the same.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
I was looking at the 710 instructions online and see that they recommend using moly grease on the diff balls and thrust bearing. Can AE Stealth lube be used in these applications? What is "moly grease"? Never heard of it. I have Castrol Synthetic Grease in a tube I use for my pinion gears for my 1/8 buggy diffs.
If you have a careful look at the picture I posted, you can see a tube of AE Stealth, which I used on my balls ehm, I mean ball bearings But I thought for the thrust bearings, graphite grease was recomended?

PIC: http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=750783

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.