Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
What is so advance about it? Hard to build? You should have built the ones that come with the Impulse Streetspec / Impulse PRO ! If you pass on the first try, it will make you an instant shock expert builder !

But seriously, they are one of the best around. Imagine that you can adjust externally the setting of the shocks without even taking the shocks apart to change piston holes... Just like the external rear / front ball diffs.
Having broken over 20 front shock shaft. I can now build serpent shocks with my eyes closed!!
You'll have to tell me when the bubbles in the oil are gone though!
Old 12-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default busted futaba plastic gear

ahhhh my futaba 9451 steering servo broke today in my first tank... a busted plastic gear.. this thing (gear) is impossible to find here in Hong Kong, I am forced to use KO2144 plastic gear... Anyone had experience with this? ( I was told that the 2144 plastic gear has one less tooth than the 9451)
Also, my 705 looks like SHIT everytime after running... I think it leaks between the engine and the manifold... (that plastic gasket is crap!) Anyway, is there a way to make the gasket more full proof?
Old 12-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Mugen MTX-3 or Serpent 710?

Originally posted by Pyramid
Rumors has said Mugen will release the newer Mtx next year.. probably on spring.

All cars basically is the same, good one will be a good balance car which you could easly judge by laying them all together and see which one will be more balance for you and why? Durability will come next for judgement (for me at least). Do remember, balance is in close relathionship or equal to weight. A car with engine mounted will have different weight as also a car with `fuel` loaded or unloaded. Sure, aside from which one you think is a better balance one, the most important is will you be able to easly get parts for it?
WHere did you hear the rumor??
I am considering getting OUT of the snake camp, mainly because of POOR customer services from the LHS that carry serpent parts.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Having broken over 20 front shock shaft. I can now build serpent shocks with my eyes closed!!
ROTFLMAO !

You'll have to tell me when the bubbles in the oil are gone though!
Seriously, you need to be patient on this one. What I do is I SLOWLY push the shock shaft up and down after I fill the shock oil in. Be careful NOT to induce bubbles by forcing the shock shaft up and down with force. Turn the shock shaft while pushing it slowly up and down. Let it settle after a while till no bubbles come out.

Also, when you do this, make sure the cap holding the o ring at the bottom of the shaft is clicked securely in. If not, air will come in from here.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Post Re: Re: Mugen MTX-3 or Serpent 710?

Originally posted by Pyramid
Rumors has said Mugen will release the newer Mtx next year.. probably on spring.
I don't want to go off-topic, but from my understanding it is a "works" mtx-3 which has been hinted at, not a "new" mtx-4. I would guess that we will see a mrx-4 before a mtx-4.

In Europe a kit is already released including 4mm chassis, front universals, 2.5 anti-roll bar, body, x12 (ns12) engine with polished inline pipe set + the original chassis, dog bones and anti-roll bar. This is not the works kit, since it is composed by the European importer of Mugen, MID, and not by Mugenseiki Japan.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
D, is that a trick question?
Every question is a trick question ! Hey don't worry. I won't eat you.

But seriously, did you talk to him about the car and if indeed he used the stoock settings? Any changes made to the car?
Old 12-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: busted futaba plastic gear

I am forced to use KO2144 plastic gear... Anyone had experience with this? ( I was told that the 2144 plastic gear has one less tooth than the 9451)
If it meshes OK, why not? Your 9451 servo will just be faster but at a slightly lower torque ! That's my guess anyway !

Also, my 705 looks like SHIT everytime after running... I think it leaks between the engine and the manifold... (that plastic gasket is crap!) Anyway, is there a way to make the gasket more full proof?
Shit as in dirty with oil? What pipe / manifold are you using? What silicone gasket are you using? There are some that will provide a good and tight connection. Some will give very loose connection and sealing.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Master D can kick Salven's ass with an OS engine!!
Oh, that's the trick ! Using an engine that is initialled by him will surely get his attention !

and some CA glue on Salven's steering servo.....
Oh, I need a miracle ! More like putting CA in the carb and engine as well !
Old 12-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

ROTFLMAO !

Seriously, you need to be patient on this one. What I do is I SLOWLY push the shock shaft up and down after I fill the shock oil in. Be careful NOT to induce bubbles by forcing the shock shaft up and down with force. Turn the shock shaft while pushing it slowly up and down. Let it settle after a while till no bubbles come out.

Also, when you do this, make sure the cap holding the o ring at the bottom of the shaft is clicked securely in. If not, air will come in from here.
What I've learnt from building shocks on my off-road buggies and trucks are the following, I'm not sure if this also holds true in this case as I haven't built a serpent shock yet (NTC3 was my first tourer) :

1. Don't fill the shock with the oil, just enough were the piston is fully covered (1/4 full).
2. Tilt the shock body so that when you pull the piston up and down (slowly), there's one big bubble that goes out of one of the holes in the piston. The bubbles rises up faster than having the shock filled up with the oil.
3. Once you see no more bubbles, it's now time to fill it up and do the normal procedure.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by nad138
What I've learnt from building shocks on my off-road buggies and trucks are the following, I'm not sure if this also holds true in this case as I haven't built a serpent shock yet (NTC3 was my first tourer) :

1. Don't fill the shock with the oil, just enough were the piston is fully covered (1/4 full).
2. Tilt the shock body so that when you pull the piston up and down (slowly), there's one big bubble that goes out of one of the holes in the piston. The bubbles rises up faster than having the shock filled up with the oil.
3. Once you see no more bubbles, it's now time to fill it up and do the normal procedure.

Hope this makes sense.
Cool. I'll keep these tips handy the next time I rebuild my shocks.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Nope. It's the 2104TMS.
How does that Shark pipe perform D compared to a matched pipe/engine combo?
Old 12-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MGs Race report

Cool ! You got to rub shoulders with Mark Green?

Do you happen to know if he used the stock settings?
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9430
Old 12-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default REmoving air from shocks

Cool. I'll keep these tips handy the next time I rebuild my shocks.
check this out, works perfect:
http://www.rc-ride.co.jp/eng/docs/rp600.html
Old 12-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

But seriously, did you talk to him about the car and if indeed he used the stoock settings? Any changes made to the car?
Yes, he started off with the stock setting but soon started tinkering around with it. I guess, that's what factory drivers are supposed to do.

In the end though he just messed around with the ride height, roll-centers and camber ... at least, that was all I saw when I arrived ... I was too late to join the race

Other than that he used the new Volvo body. Tried the Stratus but went back to the Volvo. tyres were stock but trued down, no splits.

If I remember anything else I'll PM you
Old 12-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
How does that Shark pipe perform D compared to a matched pipe/engine combo?
Sorry to interject ... I personally love the Shark Outlaw. this after trying the stock EFRAs, NovaMegas etc. If you're an outlaw bunch of racers then try out this one out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.