Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Titanium screw set for 710

Originally posted by InitialD
Thomas, if I'm not mistaken, the Serpent aluminum screws are M4... No?
Hi,

The Alu screws are M4.

This isn't a problem, you just have to enlarge the joles a bit.

Thomas
Old 10-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by redsand
How come they're traction rolling in the low grip condition ? They're using diff/solid front due to the off camber corners, perhaps ?
Trust me ... the grip level changes quick. My local track (AMCC), proved that to me. This track, like most others in the region, almost always start the day with very low grip. By the middle of the day on a typical club race day (and there not that many racers ... 50 to 60) the grip levels goes up quite a bit. By the time you do the finals its traction rolling time sometimes.

So, at the WC where there are not only 102 racers but they also do 10 minute heats, the track would have a lot of grip earlier in the day.

If you look at the times between groups as well as rounds 1 and 2, you can see the dropping lap times. This problem is getting worse for the Serpent team, their harder shore tyres are still in customs yesterday. Hopefully they get them today but who knows.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Titanium screw set for 710

Originally posted by KevinS
Al-Be is as light as aluminum but as stiff as steel. It was used in F1 from the mid-'90s before it was banned, mainly in the gearboxes. The reason why it was banned is still controversial, be it healthhazards or just that it's very very very very expensive.

Seperately, since I use Al screws too and also wanted some Ti screws for my 705. TheBorder didn't have all lengths in stock (I guess) so they sent a lot of longer ones. I cut those to the right length and used the cut off parts to mount the 5.8mm balls on the front and rear lower arms.
Hi Now we have special made sets for kits like the Serpent 710 in Titanium in stock
Old 10-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ummm....

Perhaps they just needed to be more consistant on the track with all the irregularities of bumpiness and off camber corners. I believe this is what Julius mentioned. You can be fast but you're off no use when you cannot churn out consistant laptimes.
True. Consistant can kill a cat in the 45 mins gas final.
I'm so amazed of how consistant Mark Green was during one of his qualifiers.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Prophet

It's one hour final BTW. If not careful, that'll also kill the receiver pack !
Old 10-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
I guess they regret for not sending us the monoblock engine mount to be grinded (j/k)
Is Arif grinding them now ? It's been awhile I have not seen that dude around.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
This problem is getting worse for the Serpent team, their harder shore tyres are still in customs yesterday. Hopefully they get them today but who knows.
Ummm, they should do like what Onkel Art Carbonnel does... Cut the inside front tires narrower to less than 26 mm.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Ummm....

Perhaps they just needed to be more consistant on the track with all the irregularities of bumpiness and off camber corners. I believe this is what Julius mentioned. You can be fast but you're off no use when you cannot churn out consistant laptimes.
Yes that is also true.

Mike Meyers said that when he interviewed the designer of the RRR, he was having problems looking at the cars from close to see how the suspension was working. He said he designed the RRR specifically for bumpy tracks and wanted to check how the suspension is doing. Goes without saying ...
Old 10-14-2004, 12:11 AM

Is Arif grinding them now ? It's been awhile I have not seen that dude around.
That dude is busy playing dirts... should get back to on road mode again this weekend.

One of them below is Arif`s
Old 10-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, looks like that's what its going to take to get 33 laps. Lap after lap and every lap in the very low 18s! Even then, to get to the top 4, you'd need a very fast engine as well as a bump friendly set-up.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Prophet

He said he designed the RRR specifically for bumpy tracks and wanted to check how the suspension is doing. Goes without saying ...
Is that true that the RRR is specifically designed for bumpy tracks? They should name it RRR Brazillian spec GOAAAALLLLLLLLL !
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Worlds

If others able to run with one-way... MS should think again.
the others are using 1-ways?
Tech Fanatic

Trust me ... the grip level changes quick. My local track (AMCC), proved that to me. This track, like most others in the region, almost always start the day with very low grip. By the middle of the day on a typical club race day (and there not that many racers ... 50 to 60) the grip levels goes up quite a bit. By the time you do the finals its traction rolling time sometimes.

So, at the WC where there are not only 102 racers but they also do 10 minute heats, the track would have a lot of grip earlier in the day.

If you look at the times between groups as well as rounds 1 and 2, you can see the dropping lap times. This problem is getting worse for the Serpent team, their harder shore tyres are still in customs yesterday. Hopefully they get them today but who knows.
That could be it that they have a rather strange qualifying method.
Did you know back in the mid 90s there was always what was called a ...(kinda forgot what it was actually called, though) but anyway, during offroad heats some of the racers were always getting faster and faster that eventually TQ'ed and beat the fast (mostly factory drivers) times. It turned out that they were on the fastest track of the day (offroad track became sticky and blue grooved). That lasted until ROAR switched the qualifying systems that to be more evenly distributed. So, a true fast guy can be either in the low grip condition during his first heat and get a high grip track condition in his anothers.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Prophet

That dude is busy playing dirts... should get back to on road mode again this weekend. [/IMG]
Playing with dirt? Notty boy.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

That dude is busy playing dirts... should get back to on road mode again this weekend.

One of them below is Arif`s
Hey please rob one of his monoblocks and send it to BDG.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.