2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Josh for all the time you have spent keeping everyone on this site informed. I really appreciate the "inside" information.

Good luck during the final day, hopefully it is a long day for the XRAY and JACO crowd.

Tell your traveling buddy good job!

Ted
Old 08-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Thor look back a couple of pages the BEE"S got to josh 1st when it glitched right into to his eye. Hey do you think it's the same bee lol
G, just checked and you are right...guess Josh wasn't sweet enough so had to try a piece of Chris...what a meiste he made
Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thor
G, just checked and you are right...guess Josh wasn't sweet enough so had to try a piece of Chris...what a meiste he made
+1 lol can't wait to see what the final grid will look like
Old 08-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This whole thing about the pipe/stinger will realy come to light in the future for sure when other mfg's test and find out if this is a performance gain or not. Then all the speculation, if it made a difference in this Worlds Qualification order will be known.

But my question is why did they do it if it wouldn't have been of some benefit to them? Why, if this pipe has been used for the past year, is it the first time anybody other than Sirio has heard of it? Don't you think that Novarossi would have tested the idea and been using it also? Sounds like a well kept secret.... But the rules say that the stinger: "Tail pipe maximum internal diameter* 5.20mm" If it is more than 5.2 anywhere, isn't that illegal?

Secondly, Ifmar said that the protest was "not accepted due to the wording" .... Unbelievable!
Is this the reason why they didn't toss out the results from those who used it?
Sounds like a lot of poeple have lost faith in thier race organization.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Come on Mugen!!!! how far does Fukuda have to come to make it to the main final?

This online streaming, results is a joke.
Thank goodness for redrc you guys are doing a great job.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Pretty much agreed with Josh saying, 1% difference is 1% difference, that is totally infringed the rules and CHEATING. It is criminal. Someone picked 1 piece of candy unpaid in the store and got caught would be found guity whatever or no matter it was just "1" candy.
IFMAR does not enforce the rules and act up, it is unacceptable and SHAME. Even i have some personal favor to some brands, i am still looking for a clean race, the qualifiers, and lastly the winner is by its driving, setting and race strategy, but not "CHEATING".
IFMAR, this is a 200mm world championship title, the winner will get the honor, it is for life to recognize it that year, not in the way that rc fans are to joke about it in the future.
You guys are loosing creditbility.

As a fan, given that this "suspect" may not be penalised, we have no way, but just enjoy this "drama" finished today.

I am not biasing any brand, but rule is a rule. There should not be any benefit of doubt by the spec variances.
Just my 2cents, no means of trying to insult of anyone.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Josh, by the way, concentrate and fight.
Thanks for telling us the things happened.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

This online streaming, results is a joke.
Thank goodness for redrc you guys are doing a great job.[/QUOTE]I was using firefox in my eepc to view online streaming, it had no problem and quite smooth. Compared with my explorer, it sucks.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I had no problems with the stream at home but the crappy connection at work wouldn't load it.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
This whole thing about the pipe/stinger will realy come to light in the future for sure when other mfg's test and find out if this is a performance gain or not. Then all the speculation, if it made a difference in this Worlds Qualification order will be known.

But my question is why did they do it if it wouldn't have been of some benefit to them? Why, if this pipe has been used for the past year, is it the first time anybody other than Sirio has heard of it? Don't you think that Novarossi would have tested the idea and been using it also? Sounds like a well kept secret.... But the rules say that the stinger: "Tail pipe maximum internal diameter* 5.20mm" If it is more than 5.2 anywhere, isn't that illegal?

Secondly, Ifmar said that the protest was "not accepted due to the wording" .... Unbelievable!
Is this the reason why they didn't toss out the results from those who used it?
Sounds like a lot of poeple have lost faith in thier race organization.
How could it be a secret if it's been available for almost a year. the stinger internal diameter is not in question or resaon why it was put into protest
Old 08-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it dosent matter how long the new version has been out, dosent matter if it give's a advantage , what matters is , Is it the exact same pipe that was
approved and given the #2611 if the answer is no then it is not legal.

I Would think that Ifmar would have found this out at the begining. And I would think that Sirio would know what the rules are

No excuse's it should be pretty simple
Old 08-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
How could it be a secret if it's been available for almost a year. the stinger internal diameter is not in question or resaon why it was put into protest

Face the facts.....it doesnt matter how long the pipe has been around....its the fact that this new pipe is totally different from the efra approved 2611 tech drawing. "Thats the fact"
Old 08-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

To me to be honest i dont think even Ifmar or efra really know what the rules mean and they write them .

Homolagation like they say (is not even an english word it is french and means certified ,qualified) again for new pipes just to save 1db of noise but they gained $500 per pipe manufacturer, to me this is a money grabbing exercise and nothing to do with noise.

Then they went from 77mm of width of a wing then they went to 77mm for chord and then they changed again to 85mm chord and now back to 77mm chord .But they changed the rules because manufacturers had already made the mold for the bigger diameter to me thats crap rules are rules and should never been changed for anyone nor manufacturer or individual.

I believe that they need somone to re write the rules someone who knows perfect english (no disrespect to anyone but we live in an english speaking world) who also knows how to explain the rules better in the statement of the rule book so everyone understands and no one is confused about any rule and not chop and change to suit one manufacturer like they always do .

Ifmar alone should be running the show and not to the mercy of the manufacturers like the same way formula one is run by the formula 1 governing body and not by ferrari.

Last edited by COBRARACING; 08-15-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A lot about the structure of IFMAR and how it works was also discussed. The big problem at the moment is that the rules come from the proposals from the blocks (ROAR, EFRA, FEMCA, FAMAR) and if these blocks do not bother to do the paperwork then the rules are not adopted in IFMAR... The rules work backwards - They come from the bottom (so to speak) to the top rather than from the top to the bottom. This is why ROAR and EFRA and the others have the rear wing dimension 10mm from the bumper but in IFMAR it's still 10mm from the deck lid (approx 10mm further forward).

Trust me, IFMAR knows the problems but it is a matter of working around their constitution to fix everything. Really, it will take votes from the blocks to allow IFMAR to change their constitution (if they want to do it per their constitution) to be able to fix these rules within their organization rather than waiting for the blocks to actually do their paper work. Most of the blocks though, do not want to give up their power to a higher authority.

Barry's out of the shower!! Time to go to the track!!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Go Josh... Go get them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.