Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

I agree with you guys about the waiting issue. But then again, you have to ask the question; How bad do you want a race car? Or How bad do you want to start racing? I think Bundy_Bear wants a car, just not that bad. So he can wait some more. I would just get a NTC3 for now, then later, buy something else if you like. The NTC3 is a great car and the parts are so easy to get. I know some people who call it a day, during the begining of the race day, because they do not have the part they need to continue to race. Which means, they have to order the parts they need. It's cool to order parts, but I'm sure its a pain to have to wait all the time.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgreen
I agree with you guys about the waiting issue. But then again, you have to ask the question; How bad do you want a race car? Or How bad do you want to start racing? I think Bundy_Bear wants a car, just not that bad. So he can wait some more. I would just get a NTC3 for now, then later, buy something else if you like. The NTC3 is a great car and the parts are so easy to get. I know some people who call it a day, during the begining of the race day, because they do not have the part they need to continue to race. Which means, they have to order the parts they need. It's cool to order parts, but I'm sure its a pain to have to wait all the time.

I've actually owned a NTC3 on two previous occasions, the second time around i fell in love with the BMI chassis which i was unable to get it too work at my local track. Normally i'd like to be in a position to have a second kit to use for parts, but money doesn't grow on trees

Have to see what Santa brings me for Christmas i think

EDIT:

P.S: I received an email from Hudy today confirming the new setup station will work with the NTC3 without any modifications (#108255)

BB

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 07-18-2005 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Initiate

At what position in the shock tower the rear chamber link will provide the most side bite out of the fast corners?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Whats a BMI chassis do? What dimension(s) are different to change setup? Where would it work? Why change anyway? Who's REALLY happy with their aftermarket chassis and why?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Whats a BMI chassis do? What dimension(s) are different to change setup? Where would it work? Why change anyway? Who's REALLY happy with their aftermarket chassis and why?
I think any aftermarket chassis for NTC3 is NOT necessary, currently, I am using the 3Racing 4mm 7076.....good quality and almost impossible to bent that sucker.....however, 1 thing I forgot to consider......WEIGH, it is HEAVY as a brick....about 85 grams heavier then the stock or FT chassis...

If I have to buy another chassis...I will stick with the stock one, or the FT black one....even though there is a chance it will tweaked....but the weigh of the stock chassis is just awesome....

No idea about BMI or Titanium.....etc, I just don't believe the chassis itself need to be $100 plus..... I rather see my car 1700 gram fully loaded instead of 1780 with bullet proof chassis....
Old 07-19-2005, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
I raced the car from the beginnning, the BMI chassis allowed all my engines (mods to work very well) vibration was all most eliminated C/G is lower, the car is much easier to maintain, seros and over maintance it a breeze without the upper deck, plus all the cars weight except the engine weight is concentrated below od counterweighted below the driveshaft, not like the stock style chassis, the GEN 2 or now the new Signture series chassis has all the extra bugs worked out, all engines and clutch combos work with out fabriction all screw holes are dead on the money toloerances were tightened up, the fuel tank was moved for forward and over to the center of the car more, it weighs 100 grams lighter so weight can be placed where it is really needed, and the chassis has a much better poolished finish. car stays in tweak no longer do you have to chase setups all day long. Car stays setup opnce you get it where you want it. Setups are'nt that much different than stock, and car has better responce and lap times. Ask 100 people about it you'll get 100 diffferent answers most are good, but you also get the so called racers that nothing pleases, so its kind of a chance I guess. I think its the best hop up I have ever purchased for the car, and I have them all, I mean all of them! pricey but well worth it, well... At least for us. The GH chassis is also pretty good but not in the came class with the BMI. Hope this helps. Bob
Old 07-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ive been running the gh chassis for a year now, seems to be fine. I prefer my chassis bending from a hard hit (which it hasnt yet) rather than having the force go onto my other parts.

but i havent run the bmi chassis so no word on that

its about that time where i get the os .12tz... my collari is getting loose.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default BMI

bbntc3- You have a web addy or a pic. of your car? THNX!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:14 PM

Heres a few car pics and one of our other toys RC10GT on road truck, this truck is only about 1.5 seconds slower than the car and its only 2 wd drive.
As for bending chassis WTF? I'd rather break an arm or something than bend and tweak the chassis. One thing about it you won't bend the BMI chassis or tweak it for sure. Actually since we switched to it we have actually broke less parts than with any other chassis. Bob
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-p1010069.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1010067.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1010068.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1050063.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1050060.jpg  

Last edited by bbntc3; 07-20-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:24 PM

More truck pics!
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-p1010099.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1010098.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1010101.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1010070.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1010074.jpg  

Old 07-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bbntc3
Heres a few car pics and one of our other toys RC10GT on road truck, this truck is only about 1.5 seconds slower than the car and its only 2 wd drive.

that doesn't say much for the car..(sorry,BB,I had to do that....hope all is well.. )
Old 07-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
that doesn't say much for the car..(sorry,BB,I had to do that....hope all is well.. )
..you are the king of TC3's...!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:33 PM

Just had state championships here Harry. The truck is the fastest onroad truck in WV and the Car is 4 the fourth fastest in the state. The kid can drive the hell out of the truck, with the car he's good but not the best. Why I'm I explaining anything to you anyway you benchracer! Just kidding! Yea right!!! Hope all is well Harry! I'm the king of nothing Harry just like to play!!

Bob
Old 07-20-2005, 06:52 PM

Actually I'm thinking about getting out of onroad racing, the Kid is getting older and real cars are starting to catch on. We're building a few real cars and been running 1/8th scale buggy and he's better with the buggy than the car.

So if anyone is seriously interested in NTC3 full racer and many modified engines, Ritchey, Smeltz, Palmaris Racing, and Murnan, I think 7 or 8 engines in all, also enough spare sparts and clutches to rebuild the car about a dozen times . I have every part made for the car stock and hop ups the list is way to big to list. Price range is kinda steep but probably about 1/3 full cost. We have 4 years of racing the car and you know what you collect in that time especially when money has no object. $2500 firm (cash) no trades!

Contact me at [email protected]
Old 07-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Hope all is well Harry! I'm the king of nothing Harry just like to play!!
you and me both brother!.

all the best!.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.