Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: fail safe

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
i use futaba 3pjs radio that has fail safe functions (when the receiver dies and when the car gets out of range). though i havent really experienced it, i wonder if it's really reliable.
You have to program the failsafe in order for it to work.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default DanDan: NTC3 Manual

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...hub_onroad.htm

Under the column "RTR" you can download a manual in three parts.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner

The stock chassis is awesome for a few reasons :

1) There aren't a million cutouts in it -hence, less debris floating around ... less mess to clean-
2) Relatively inexpensive to replace when needed
3) Performance is nothing but stellar with the stock chassis; if you stiffen up the chassis, it just means more of the plastic on the kit will crack/break upon impact or any subtle flexes the chassis plate may have when breaking etc. You'd just be moving stress to another area stiffening up the chassis completely.

I personally love the blue anodized stock chassis looks I however, still think the NTC3 is an ugly car compared to the belt cars ... but thats no matter; slap a sweet body on it! -your last item you can purchase with that $60 if nothing else-

have fun
Chorner,

I agree with you on the stock chassis. I bought The Chassis and it is good but I had a dificult time getting used to the car. After a couple of races I went back to the stock chassis. I will try The Chassis next year when I have more time to practice with it. I was in a point series and I was leading after two races with The Chassis I had finished 2nd and 3rd so I went back to the stock setup and finished strong ended up winning the series.

By the way I think the NTC3 is a really nice looking car.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default +++ Front Straight Axle +++

How many of you guys run a front straight axle or have tried it? I raced with one in this weekend and it was really fast but I ended up blowing a rear pinion and wondered if it is common for this to happen?
Old 09-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

I don't know of anyone who uses a solid axle in the front...it's usually placed in the rear position in conjunction with a one-way in the front.

BTW, has anyone replaced the stock fasteners with metric ones? I heard that the finer threads offer better bite. I'm sick of stripping out the standard fasteners...
Old 09-09-2003, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Kreidel,
I have used the solid front axle and it works great. It is much better than running a front one way because you still have braking control. The only problem with the setup is that it will eat gears: diff, pinion or both. If you do not hit anything, then it is for you. I have since changed and just tighten the front diffs as far as it will go and still have a little give when it strikes a solid object. I have not stripped any gears since.

Old Skool,
I have used the metric screws and it works well but will eventually strip also. I got tired of replaceing them, so I just put in 1 1/2" standard 40 screws in the top diff case through to the bottom diff case and just two screws per case holds well. Not a problem since and I am on my second season with the NTC3's. It is simular to the "FIX", but not all the way to the bottom chasis. All the other screws can back out, but the case is still tight and sealed. Good luck with that one.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

What setup do you run with the diff tightened down? Is is similiar to one I would run with my straight axle?
Old 09-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Honestly Kreidel,
I do not stray far from the manual setup. except for the front diff being tightend down and the stock wire swaybar on the front and one spring higher plus 50wt oil on the front. My ride height starts at 5.5 and 6 with 45 shore front and 40 shore rears. This works great for my driving style and a mod engine.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys! What's new for the good ol NTC3? I haven't touched it all summer. Still nice and dirty from the last race.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by simonfdr
Hey guys! What's new for the good ol NTC3? I haven't touched it all summer. Still nice and dirty from the last race.
Sounds like my situation exactly. So yeah, what simon said.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by simonfdr
http://store6.yimg.com/I/dragonrc_1752_6511686
Old 09-10-2003, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

FREAKAH:

nice bro. is that legal?

who sells those? whats the added benefit?

anything else new? havent run my NTC3 for a while now.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

Dragon R/C makes it.

Not sure if it's legal though.

If you recall, a lot of people were speculating that because of the orientation of the engine, the airfilter was sucking in hot air thus causing tuning problems. Again, all speculation. Because of this particular unit's long tube and the location of the filter, it is supposed to suck in cool clean air.

Last edited by FREAKAH; 09-10-2003 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by highwayman
whats the added benefit?
I guess being further away from the engine, it helps the air filter take cooler air.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Dragon R/C makes it.

Not sure if it's legal though.

If you recall, a lot of people were speculating that because of the orientation of the engine, the airfilter was sucking in hot air thus causing tuning problems. Again, all speculation. Because of this particular unit's long tube and the location of the filter, it is supposed to suck in cool clean air.

Freakah..is that your car,or if not,do you have that installed on your Tc3?.....And have you noticed any benefit?....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.