Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Hey all, what Gel cell are you using for batteries in your AE starter boxed? My sticks have crapped out on me.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hangar9 has a decent 12v battery & charger combo.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thats exactly the combo i have in my ofna box
Old 06-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Morpheus2be
Has anyone tried the THS 2-chamber rear exaust pipe for the NTC3? It looks way cool-er than the AE 2-chamber black RE pipe.

Whats the best way to get more on-power steering for the NTC3?

Just for the fun of it....I'm trying out 30mm foam tires up front.

We'll see how it goes.
For the THS pipe, it is not just cooler, it is better than the AE pipe. Put the THS pipe on without tuning your engine, and you will feel the engine having more power right away... Sound too good to be true? try it out yourself. If not, where do you stay, you can try mine. I have the stock, the dual chamber and the THS pipe... you can try it.

as for the 30mm front tyre, can you even turn with it? If is is a new pair of tyres, I think it will rub against your front knuckle and your bumper. Just my guess.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Morpheus2be
Whats the best way to get more on-power steering for the NTC3?

We'll see how it goes.
Have you tried stiffening up the rear springs a notch? It will prevent so much rearward weight transfer under power and should give more steering.

You could also up the weight of rear oil a notch - it won't lessen the amount of weight transfer, but will SLOW it down a bit, and should provide more on-power steering.

Those would be the two things I would try first.

Putting bigger tires on the front only hides the problem, it doesn't solve it.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

The front 30mm fits just nice an steering is ultra-responsive. Its a lot like driving a front wheel drive car. Lots of pull...even is the rear swings out, you can just gun the throttle and the car straightens itself out. Unfortunately, it is very hard to keep it in a straight line due to the extra-sensitive steering, even on power!

I'm getting the THS pipe later this week and I'll put in an old Nova Mega SX12 RE in it to see how it handles.

The RTR engine is just about maxed out on the track where I run but I was thinking of playing around with the gearing.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey I have a tire question. I run 40 shore tires in the front and 35 in the rear right now on my NTC3 but I want to switch to Jaco so I can run 30mm in the rear. What do the color codes on the tires equate to. Basically what are the colors foe 40 and 35 shore?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

The tires I have the best luck with are the Nitro Shoes. I run 40 shore all the way around, but use 26mm in front and 30mm in rear. If you use color coded tires, it would be about like a purple. Another good tire is the TRC tan, which is 37 shore.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Raydee
Hey I have a tire question. I run 40 shore tires in the front and 35 in the rear right now on my NTC3 but I want to switch to Jaco so I can run 30mm in the rear. What do the color codes on the tires equate to. Basically what are the colors foe 40 and 35 shore?
If you want to run Jaco - try double purple on the front (45) and single purple on the rear (40).

You can also run plaid fronts and rears but I don't remember or know what the shore is for those.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well......went racing tues nite...

actually switched back from Parma oval outlaw to a stratus body..

Everyone thought using the oval outlaw body(which is the one under my name) was cheating......

they got bad news...the stratus body was faster....without that rear deck,the car REALLY turned.......and just as stable...

Belive it or not..I ran a RTR body also....It had a touch less steering than the Proline...but It is way thicker......ran nice..

bad part...a few ready to runs has the same body..Crashes were interesting,to say the least..

I went to the proline......ran good also.....

got to drive my second Ld3 last nite...

last week I drove a stock one...it went OK...felt good and all..no tc3 in tearms of anything..but way better then my RB HPI ss....

this week,I got to try another one......this one had an RB in it..so it was way faster...

This one was bad......a big push on throttle..twitchy at low throttle,sort of like a HPI.........in fact,the winner of the HPI super nitro class( who went to japan,and I came in 4th to in NY)..drove the car..so it had a great pilot...the Tc3 (and my car has the STOCK set up)..went around him like he was standing still...

may look like a tc3....DON"T handle like one....

and don't tell me it might need tuning...My tc3 felt good out of the box....

The K factory tank leans out towards the bottom of the fuel run..esp in turns......sort of like my Veteq tank(which is also long and flat)....I'll give it another try next week...it still runs a little cleaner then the stock tank..

the one reflex there popped another belt..as did the lone Impulse

teh mtx2 one guy had ran real well...bit didn't seem as stable as the tc3's..

and again..NO HPI's were there..something I thought I'd never see....

and the Futaba 3pk radio is a thing of beauty......that is the best 300 I ever spent..

oh,one more thing...I run rubber tires...

My freinds car runs foams(he also drives the best there..runs a tc3 RB 5 port,anothe former impulse driver..he liked the 40 Jacos over Elligis..lasted longer.....ran nicer..)

The aluminum clutch shoes from Crazy nut racing worked very well.....no slip.....I ran the 2 shoes with HD springs..

Last edited by fastharry™; 06-18-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I'm glad to hear that the shoes worked well for you. And they are a great price too. Did you try any other types of clutches or only the stock clutch? I would like to know how they compare to some of the more expensive clutch options.

Jon
Old 06-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

what is a better cluth shoe and spring beside the stock one?
Old 06-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Swen
I'm glad to hear that the shoes worked well for you. And they are a great price too. Did you try any other types of clutches or only the stock clutch? I would like to know how they compare to some of the more expensive clutch options.

Jon

I tried the stock set up..stock with HD springs...MIP,and the alum's.....liked teh alums the best...

they grab way harder..it fact,it kept shutting off my RB till I leaned it a tad(..they really pull)..
Old 06-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

can someone tell me the kfactory website where i can find the chassis for ntc3. thank you.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is a rendering of the chassis that we are currently designing here at MPP. Its 7075 4mm aluminum chassis for the NTC3. The design on the rendering is not yet done, as you can see its missing all the screw holes, which will be countersunk of course, and its also missing a chamfer on the outside edges of the chassis. The chassis is symmetrical; it’s not wider on one side than the other like the stock one. It should be available in the next few weeks, please PM me or Modellor on this forum for prices, I will say though that compared with other similar chassis currently on the market this one is priced very low.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-s3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.