Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Honestly rhis is the first problem. I just thought they would have the same policy of refunding the money of parts not in stock or giving you the optoin to wait like I have experienced w/ rc-mushroom and rc-union.

I think I will just keep emailing them, I don't think such a big company is out to jip you, I just wish it would be a smoother transaction. I shouldn't have to be on their case to get feedback.

havy
Old 03-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Bearings

I had a bad bearing giving me lots of handeling probs. It had partially siezed and my car would spin out in erratic moments entering or exiting fast corners. It also caused the tire to chunk.

What do you guys recommend for cleaning and bearing maintenace? I know this is a simple querstion, but do you guys clean then after each race/practice day?

havy
Old 03-08-2005, 04:55 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well its a little different when you are buying stuff AT their location in HK hehe
Old 03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Bearings

Originally posted by havy
I had a bad bearing giving me lots of handeling probs. It had partially siezed and my car would spin out in erratic moments entering or exiting fast corners. It also caused the tire to chunk.

What do you guys recommend for cleaning and bearing maintenace? I know this is a simple querstion, but do you guys clean then after each race/practice day?

havy
I think you just have to replace them on a regular basis. I clean my bearings every now and then. Sometimes the cleaning works and sometimes not. Most of the bearings last for quite a bit but the 6x12 wheel bearings seems to go bad fairly quickly.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Clegg
Well its a little different when you are buying stuff AT their location in HK hehe
Well I bought stuff mail order as well and still no problems.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default 6x12 bearing

Yeah, that's the particular bearing that failed. Are all the company bearings the same, I got a complete metal shielded bearing set, I was just wondering if rubber shielded is better?

But the set was like 20 bucks, not too expensive and I will have like 8 of them so I hope not to have the problem w/o remedy for next time.

havy
Old 03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 6x12 bearing

Yeah, that's the particular bearing that failed. Are all the company bearings the same, I got a complete metal shielded bearing set, I was just wondering if rubber shielded is better?

But the set was like 20 bucks, not too expensive and I will have like 8 of them so I hope not to have the problem w/o remedy for next time.

havy
I've tried them all and they are about the same. I think it has more to do with impacts than dust/dirt that ruins them. I just pick up whatever is the cheapest I can find since I replace them often anyway.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi,

I'm interested to know what exhaust system people have found best using with a sirio engine?

Cheers
Old 03-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by shiston
Hi,

I'm interested to know what exhaust system people have found best using with a sirio engine?

Cheers
thry this one it works great with any motor

Old 03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I got 2 RR conversion kits ordered and no notice if it will ever be in stock again, nor whether they will refund. RC-Union sends you a notice that it isn't in stock and the refund immediately- at least they did w/ me. But RCModel still has about $120 and no responses about what they are going to do. Got to email them again

Havy
i placed my order for the rr conversion about 3 weeks ago from rc model. a few days later, they refunded my paypal payment stating "no stock". from what people are saying here, kyosho doesn't make it anymore. sorry to here about your problems but i'm sure it will be corrected. i pieced together my conversion with kyosho and 3racing parts. changed my setup a little and it handles great.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Buggy Master
i placed my order for the rr conversion about 3 weeks ago from rc model. a few days later, they refunded my paypal payment stating "no stock". from what people are saying here, kyosho doesn't make it anymore. sorry to here about your problems but i'm sure it will be corrected. i pieced together my conversion with kyosho and 3racing parts. changed my setup a little and it handles great.
im glad i got mine early
Old 03-08-2005, 10:51 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeh from what I hear, I got my RR converion kit in the last shippment from RC-union of them. Theres nothing special about the kit, you can buy all the parts on their own though, you just dont get the instructions.

One thing I havent found yet are RR sticker sheets anywhere.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Buggy Master
Thanks, I emailed tham again asking to have the money refunded.

havy
Old 03-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: 6x12 bearing

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I've tried them all and they are about the same. I think it has more to do with impacts than dust/dirt that ruins them. I just pick up whatever is the cheapest I can find since I replace them often anyway.
He he, something has to give on this car from the impacts . I went the same route, I'll just have to check them more often.

Thanks Jeffrey,
havy
Old 03-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally posted by Marcos.J
im glad i got mine early
i should have got mine early too but i figured a lot of the hk stores had them in stock so i just held off since at the time i was concentrating more with off road. oh well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.