Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey all. I'm in my mechanics class right now with my R40 and gear. Gonna bore out the stock shafts to make em hollow. Meanwhile I'll do initial testing again with the LW upgrades on a flat smooth surface and with the lola body. If possible I need someone to give me the weights of the stock and LW 2speed shafts. Tower doesn't have them on their webpage. Anyone can post quickly will be appreciated. I'll be here till 11:50am
Old 04-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Tabushi
And second one ...
Tabushi: Hola coņo! Is that a yokomo floating rear mount, or is it another brand adapted to it? Where can I get one of those on the net?
thanx for the pics...
Old 04-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Hey all. I'm in my mechanics class right now with my R40 and gear. Gonna bore out the stock shafts to make em hollow. Meanwhile I'll do initial testing again with the LW upgrades on a flat smooth surface and with the lola body. If possible I need someone to give me the weights of the stock and LW 2speed shafts. Tower doesn't have them on their webpage. Anyone can post quickly will be appreciated. I'll be here till 11:50am
Hey Hark I gave them to you a while back, but here they are again..
Stock was 62 grams
LW was 42 grams
Old 04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is what we need, Im ordering mine today to see if it fits and works properly, although I'll know next week since these are flying from Honk kong...

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=7320
Old 04-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Great, thnx Klanderman. Well unfortunately letting one of my two friends I rode home drive my R40 left the front end smashed as he forgot to use the brakes. Ah well another trip to the LHS to buy spares. No worries. For the meantime I'm gonna go drive the buggy. I'm home now and seeing what exactly broke on the car as its gruesome.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

If you are doing that, why not just bore out your 2 speed shaft and mid shaft. That's all thats been done to the ones you are trying to buy. I remember the Serpent guys doing this when they were trying to lighten the 705.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Hey I know that floating mount. Are you sure it will fit right on? I think I can have my LHS order it for me. With this Lola body on or driving the car now at the college campus it's hard to do burnouts. My foams are dry as rocks too.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rapid Roy
If you are doing that, why not just bore out your 2 speed shaft and mid shaft. That's all thats been done to the ones you are trying to buy. I remember the Serpent guys doing this when they were trying to lighten the 705.
Yeah I know I said that. lol. However, I didn't have time since I needed to get my scholarship $$ first and thats more important. I'll do it on thursday.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Great, thnx Klanderman. Well unfortunately letting one of my two friends I rode home drive my R40 left the front end smashed as he forgot to use the brakes. Ah well another trip to the LHS to buy spares. No worries. For the meantime I'm gonna go drive the buggy. I'm home now and seeing what exactly broke on the car as its gruesome.
I did'nt quite understood what happened to your car, did you let someone else drive it and he smashed it???

that is terrible, last sunday I was leading the race with one lap to go when I turned into turn 1, but was too close to the column and hit it hard and broke the right front dogbone and had to align the car again, fonrtunately the serpent hit the wall again like I showed you in the video and also broke, but he's tire went out flying in the air with the suspension and the whole front right side lol... so it was up to the serpent impact to win, but he ran out of gas and my friend, the one I sold the super nitro won after he was lapped twice lol... go figure jajajaja.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah he drove it to around 40mph, layed off the throttle and rolled right under the back rear wheel of a BMW Sedan. I just found one of my shock caps off, front dogbone snapped, body bent, etc. I'll take a shot and let you guys find what broke.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey I know that floating mount. Are you sure it will fit right on? I think I can have my LHS order it for me. With this Lola body on or driving the car now at the college campus it's hard to do burnouts. My foams are dry as rocks too.
Im not sure it will fit, but since I'm ordering from honk kong, I went ahead and got a pretty good order since they charge me $37 USD for shipping in the next 4 days, so I will order it later on and will probably be getting it next friday or so...

Last edited by KLANDERMAN; 04-05-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah he drove it to around 40mph, layed off the throttle and rolled right under the back rear wheel of a BMW Sedan. I just found one of my shock caps off, front dogbone snapped, body bent, etc. I'll take a shot and let you guys find what broke.
Man that sucks, but at least you can have your car running by this afternoon lol.... I would have to wait until next weekend and that would suck bad!!!
send me a pic to see the damage!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

OH no the car won't be running by this after noon. I gotta work. I can have the buggy running soon though
Old 04-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

that rear mount for the v-one-r looks like it could be retrofitted for the R40.

I feel like a kid at x-mas about now just got handed my box O parts from the postman should be my lt wt parts.

Yes! hey any issues other then the clutch shoes with the lw 2 speed?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Actually there are no issues. The LW gears work awesome. You're gonna love them. Lets see if this pic thing works now. TESTING TESTING...1...2...3
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-chainca2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.