Old 06-04-2004, 09:03 PM
NCC
Tech Adept

Use two large pair of pliers with just the right amount
of torque. Since the gears may be seized up you may
have to tap it a few times against the pliers before you
start twisting.

jscamry- Are you referring to the bumper brace. If so
then it's a 3-racing part. Hope that helps.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by PTP Racing
we have a few guys who have the x-12 around here and their cars are crazy fast

a guy i was pitting for in our novice class has 1 that runs incredible at only 195F

the fastest guy locally has 1 and he's so fast i cant even get out of his way fast enough

and 1 guy even runs a modded x-12 and i cant even explain how fast it is

i have high hopes for it
are these in R40s'?...
Old 06-05-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

also, for they .8 clutch shoes, i dont know if i have the right tightness, i tightened them all the way down, then out 3 times, but i can still pull them apart, are you sopposed to be able to do that?? it sais that you are sopposed to tighten the screws till they touch the spring collar, and then take them out 3 turns, but that feels really loose. i dk what to do??/
Old 06-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the info about the carbon disk brake. Might have to try that.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

no i will be the first to put the x-12 in a r40 locally i think

the others are all mtx3's

ive put 1.5 tanks through it and it sings and idles really well even with really rich settings (i made a mess all over my toolbox)

sucks we got rained out today
Old 06-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

for all you va/md guys, hobby hangar is going to start hosting races on friday nights. the first one is this friday, it wont real races yet, we are just trying to see what kind of turnout we get, but there will be lapcounting.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by NCC
You have no excuses now. Lets see if you can reach your
goal of 21 laps. Remember about a month ago people were
agreeing and disagreeing that a faster engine will make you
faster. This will be a true test.
i gotta admit for as much as a .12 costs now i almost sold the car and cut my losses but i knew as soon as it was sold i would want it back

as long as i dont use the extra hp to run into the boards it can possibly do anything but help

and i dont think i'll run into too much stuff well i'll try not too

too bad we got rained out today i coulda prooved it

i shouldnt get too excited though remember the last race when i lightened the car up it was running great in practice then in the qualifiers everything screwed up and i had a horrible day

tommorrow luckily i am going to get my mbx5 out and head up to PA to race offroad since the weather wouldnt cooperate today

a little rain wont stop us from offroading in fact it usually brings traction up
Old 06-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Darkseid
Hey fellas whats up...

R40 is still rolling well. Haven't finished out of the top three since I've had it. I've taken some heavy hits and still haven't broken anything (knock on wood). I don't know if I've gotten caught on my servo yet, but its still working, so if I did I guess the stock brace is doing its job.

I think I finally made that 'final' adjustment I needed to really make the car fly. I got the centax just right so that my car really launches and isn't getting left off the line.

Only thing that has me concerned though is that I'm experiencing brake fade in the long 10minute A-mains. I don't run drag brake, so thats not causing any excess heat build up. But i do run on a track that requires braking a lot. Anyone else having this problem?

Anyhew....just checking in on the R40 thread to see if anything new was happening...
what kind of competition are you up against?..

glad you stopped by..
Old 06-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Titanium goodies

Can anyone tell me where to get some titanium screws and tie-rods. I've been searching for a while to no success. thanks.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Titanium goodies

Originally posted by stanky626
Can anyone tell me where to get some titanium screws and tie-rods. I've been searching for a while to no success. thanks.
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/produ...8cf37a1249a3b0
Old 06-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

fastharry, i know you know a good amount about the .8 module

also, for they .8 clutch shoes, i dont know if i have the right tightness, i tightened them all the way down, then out 3 times, but i can still pull them apart, are you sopposed to be able to do that?? it sais that you are sopposed to tighten the screws till they touch the spring collar, and then take them out 3 turns, but that feels really loose. i dk what to do??/
can you help me out with this?
Old 06-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by goldenboy
fastharry, i know you know a good amount about the .8 module

can you help me out with this?
I did notice one thing.........Even though the screws felt like they were tight,and bottomed out,they weren't......so they could really be 4 turns out,know what I mean?....BUT,I don't want you to crank on them,cause I don't want you to strip them....

My screws at 3 turns out do not pull apart,unless I pull real hard.....Those rebuild sets aren't in the distributors yet,but HPI does have them in CA.....Take the shoes apart,and screw in the allen heads WITHOUT the spring and brass washer on them...this way you can see the screw coming out the bottom,and you wont strip the shoes by putting to much pressure on them...Then,assemble the shoes.. they should bottom out with the springs on with no problem...I think screwing them into the shoes with the springs,AND cutting the threads and the same time,makes it harder to get a feel when they hit bottom..leave the big allens and silver balls to the last step.....Make sure you don't put the shoes on backwards like I did...
Old 06-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

ok, i will go try that, so when i get them to bottom out, screw them out 4 turns??, and what do you mean by put them on backwards??

thanks a lot
Old 06-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

screw them out 3 turns....like the sheet says...I put my shoes on the rotor so they were facing the wrong way..if you notoce,the shoes are different size....(the are not perfectly cut in half)...make sure you put them on the rotor JUST like the sheet shows..
Old 06-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Titanium goodies

Thanks Fastharry... they're out of stock right now... but, I'll try back from time to time.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I have an advertising code for Tower Hobbies... $20 off $50 order... that's a pretty good deal. I already purchased a bunch of goodies using the code. If anyone wants it, just hollar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.