Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy
Is there a gear set chart that list the different gear sets based on track size?
I ask mainly because i dont know which gears to get get for 301 raceway and my home track.
For 301 you want to go with 17/60, 23/56 or 22/55 depending on your motor and tire size for quals or mains and tire wear that day.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

oh yeah forgot to mention i've used the castor clip (the tool with the hook on the end for the header springs), didn't feel at ease, and don't have a nice allen wrench to fit in the hole, but i have tried the body clip which i figured that on my own and works perfect in the meantime

NOTE TO SELF, don't curse the setup of your car when your understeering on the track...REMEMBER TO TAKE THE BODY CLIP OUT of the front toe hole.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

would anyone happen to know what to what gears to use for the sugar bowl in georgia?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy
would anyone happen to know what to what gears to use for the sugar bowl in georgia?

I'm not the SME with RRR at the bowl but, I would start with 16/61 21/55 as a start. I think that come stock!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corney_01
hey does kyosho make a front lola body post mount 4RRR or will the m3 one fit
Thx. steve
AnyOne?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
It has been over 2 years since I built mine so I am sure I am forgetting some stuff: Get two rear shock towers, and glue them together. Run that doubled up version on your car. I also use RTV blue to seal my diffs. Some people say they never have leaking issues, but mine did so now all my diffs are sealed with RTV. When screwing the rear shock tower to the car, use a very long screw. When attaching the rear camber link to the rear hub carrier, use a longer screw than what the manual says. If I remember more I will say and my guess is that others will chime in as well.
Thanks for the tips!! Is there a way to change the front drive from a one way to a diff/spool without disassembling the whole car? Also any must have hopups? I think i'm going to get an nt1 radio box as the current one makes me nervous that i's just hanging out in space.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey does kyosho make a front lola body post mount or will the m3 one fit
Thx. steve
Yes there is a Lola bumper and body mount. I think it is off the RR.

Rick Bart will probably have them in stock.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Thanks for the tips!! Is there a way to change the front drive from a one way to a diff/spool without disassembling the whole car? Also any must have hopups? I think i'm going to get an nt1 radio box as the current one makes me nervous that i's just hanging out in space.
To change over the front axle is somewhat of a job, but not bad if you have a small cordless screwdriver. Take the radio tray off and I take apart the front end as well. It doesn't take that long once you have done it a few times. If you think you are going to run a diff sometimes, I would use the older ackerman plates. The Evo 2 uses the one off of the M3 car. You kit probably came with the older ones. Start with the #11. I have not run a radio box in about 5 years, but if you feel better using one, go ahead. The only downside is the extra weight.

Must have hopups? Probably not, but there are benefits to some of the hopups. I don't know if your car came with CVD's but if it didn't, I would run them in the front. For racing applications, if you run a spool, the YBSLOW front spool is less than half the weight of the steel spool. I wouldn't use it all the time as it will wear more quickly, but when you are serious that is the time to go for it. I really like the convenience of clamping wheel hexes. I use the ones made for the Team Magic G4. The Kyosho SP belts free up your drivetrain quite a bit. APP brake pads are a good upgrade. I would also pick up some steel pinions (at least first gear pinions).
Old 05-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i change the front drive without disassembling the radio plate.
i just unscrew the middle axle unit and take of the steering rod.
it is quicker!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
i change the front drive without disassembling the radio plate.
i just unscrew the middle axle unit and take of the steering rod.
it is quicker!
would that be the front layshaft assembly?

Must have hopups? Probably not, but there are benefits to some of the hopups. I don't know if your car came with CVD's but if it didn't, I would run them in the front. For racing applications, if you run a spool, the YBSLOW front spool is less than half the weight of the steel spool. I wouldn't use it all the time as it will wear more quickly, but when you are serious that is the time to go for it. I really like the convenience of clamping wheel hexes. I use the ones made for the Team Magic G4. The Kyosho SP belts free up your drivetrain quite a bit. APP brake pads are a good upgrade. I would also pick up some steel pinions (at least first gear pinions).
Thanks for the tips, the evo 2 wce comes with a one way and cvd's i bought the guts for a diff, another evo driver at my track suggested thats the way to go. I'll have to look into the belts and brake pads and clamping hexes.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Hi Mate,

The front/rear housing comes together in a set.

They use the same bevel gears, but use different outdrives (VZ218 are the outdrives used for the front Diff)

You also need to use the older servo ackerman arms (they come standard in the EVO2 kit)

Also, you need to use ball ends on the ackerman to prevent it rubbing with the diff.

To be honest, it took some time for me to get the diff into my EVO2, and working fine.

I only got to test it once at Moorebank with 100k oil, but I must say the car did feel much easier to drive, and I am sure with a few minor tweaks and an adjustment to my driving style (going from solid to diff) the car would be quicker.

Check this topic a few pages back, someone posted the parts required.
When you say old servo ackerman arms which ones do you mean? On my parts tree i have three one marked 10, 11 and 12. Is the 10 the one i want to use?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
When you say old servo ackerman arms which ones do you mean? On my parts tree i have three one marked 10, 11 and 12. Is the 10 the one i want to use?
All of those are the older ackerman arms. The EVO 2 also comes with the ackerman setup from the M3 car which is what the instructions will tell you to use. I would use the #11
Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

does anyone know how many teeth are one the rear diff gear.
Steve
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone know how many teeth are one the rear diff gear.
Steve
rear diff 42 teeth
front diff 27 teeth.

what are you trying to do?
put a nt1 diff in the rrr?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
rear diff 42 teeth
front diff 27 teeth.

what are you trying to do?
put a nt1 diff in the rrr?
Yea i got a nt1 front diff im putting in my rrr and just wanted to see if the rear would work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.