By "locker" you mean the spool or the oneway? thanks
the term locker means locked front diff..... spool
Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

right, thanks!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just like yesterday the guy who smashed us all in the final ran a locker[/QUOTE]

Yea but gregs a robot he could run 3 wheels on his car and some how finish in front lol
but wat i did notice in the heats when me and greg would get on the straight together he would have to get off the gas on the bend as i was able to still be on the gas. Another thing i noticed greg carried more corner speed with the locker i thought.
When me and dad went to whalen the diff felt alot quicker but we will have to see the lap times.
Are you going to whalen this weekend?
Old 06-10-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by corney_01
Just like yesterday the guy who smashed us all in the final ran a locker
Yea but gregs a robot he could run 3 wheels on his car and some how finish in front lol
but wat i did notice in the heats when me and greg would get on the straight together he would have to get off the gas on the bend as i was able to still be on the gas. Another thing i noticed greg carried more corner speed with the locker i thought.
When me and dad went to whalen the diff felt alot quicker but we will have to see the lap times.
Are you going to whalen this weekend?[/QUOTE]

Diff the way to go at least on gosford track , how ever i had a shit day , long weekend away and the 6 hour drive back home got the better of me with my setup . didn't realize till i was driving back home i was running whalan gearing. ... should have listened to green machine when he said i was too slow to what he has seen. oh well there is always a next meet.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default front diff

hey guys, i just installed the front diff. using old ackernman number 10 and seems to be turning freely without hitting the front diff. When i connect the toe arms connectors to the ackernman they rub against the diff!! argh =( does anyone here have a solution or had this problem with a fix? please let me know.....advice please guys! thanks in advance!
Old 06-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beers4evo
hey guys, i just installed the front diff. using old ackernman number 10 and seems to be turning freely without hitting the front diff. When i connect the toe arms connectors to the ackernman they rub against the diff!! argh =( does anyone here have a solution or had this problem with a fix? please let me know.....advice please guys! thanks in advance!

grid them.the diff or the ball ends.it's not a big deal.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just ran the car i have a strong servo in there. I figured it would wear in the perfect amount by itself.

Now i'm having some issues adjusting the brakes. has anyone shortened the stock brake rod to get more brakes?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I just ran the car i have a strong servo in there. I figured it would wear in the perfect amount by itself.

Now i'm having some issues adjusting the brakes. has anyone shortened the stock brake rod to get more brakes?
Sounds like you need to tighten the two screws that hold the brake pads to the bulkhead. That assumes you have your linkage and your endpoint setup properly. You shouldn't need to shorten the brake arm.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Yup..thats the answer...i had the same problem before. just a few turns on the screws and..Whallah..!! problem solved.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Anyone knows where I can order the Atomic box in US?

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index...emart&Itemid=1

Also the brake lever in blue aluminum?
Old 06-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LowBoost

Kyosho makes the brake lever in blue aluminum
Old 06-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LowBoost

Try hkshobby.com They carry many Atomic parts.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi guys what would you consider your car being heavy if the minimum weight requirement is 1725grams without fuel and including transponder...?

Mine is 1757grams and I consider that heavy....

Also, what parts could be used to lighten the car?

thanks!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hi guys what would you consider your car being heavy if the minimum weight requirement is 1725grams without fuel and including transponder...?

Mine is 1757grams and I consider that heavy....

Also, what parts could be used to lighten the car?

thanks!
1757 to 1725 could be the height of your tires, you want to be around 1725 with 57 and 55mm tires (or the lowest you normally go for a main) although I have liked my car better on certain track conditions in the 1800+ range. Remember this is with your body, full ready to run without fuel. so you can count tire dust too

from least to most expensive
twister pro-light wheels, around 3-5g per wheel of rotating mass over most others especially if you get the kyosho style.
titanium screws, not sure how much but I grabbed a hand full of steel and
titanum, and it was drastic but keep steel in the front and on things you need strength on.
titanium pivot balls are worth quite a bit
ybslow aluminum spool
lipo + regulator, you can save 50+ grams here (I run a brass battery plate from ybslow that is 68g under a lipo)
KO 2413 servos. half the size and worth 10 grams each I believe. half height servo is a perfect place for your lipo regulator to attach to the bottom of

also, various pipe/engine combinations can play a major role. any of the pipes with the stinger saver are heavy.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys.I bought my new Kyosho Evo2 WC kit.But setting data is Japanese.

Has anyone got English version?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.