GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Finished my "chrome" Viper. Kept it simple.

http://www.rccoh.com/IMG/paint/ofna....per/index.html

Old 06-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Can I play?

Zo1b with a T chassis.(ended up 6mm longer than a gt2)
Thunder tiger 2-speed.
Revo front shocks with diy carbon front tower.
Rc8 front shocks in rear with front zo1 tower mounted.
Will make smoke tomorrow.
I will let you guys know how she runs.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet
Finished my "chrome" Viper. Kept it simple.

http://www.rccoh.com/IMG/paint/ofna....per/index.html

Where did you get that Viper body? Ofna has been out of stock on that one forever! Very nice. Have you though about cutting out those air exits?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looks great roost. Let us know how she runs.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Where did you get that Viper body? Ofna has been out of stock on that one forever! Very nice. Have you though about cutting out those air exits?
Took up most of a evening finding one. Ordered a couple that showed stock, but turns out they didn't and had to get refunds. I know where a couple more are if anyone is interested.

I like the realism of a real GT car. They need more.

Edit: Cool idea on the air exits. I just might!

Old 06-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Thunder tiger 2-speed.

Looks good Roost' glad you came aboard the "GT" train...got to see you @ BD in the near future, sorry you missed the TRI STATE SHOOTOUT a good time was had by all!
...now, I know how you do in F1 & carpet...hope you can do the same in GT!...see you soon...
Old 06-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Tri-State Shootout Floyd Benett Field GT Amain. Enjoy!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Thunder tiger 2-speed.

Lookin good JD! See you at BD!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kitchen
Looks good Roost' glad you came aboard the "GT" train...got to see you @ BD in the near future, sorry you missed the TRI STATE SHOOTOUT a good time was had by all!
...now, I know how you do in F1 & carpet...hope you can do the same in GT!...see you soon...
Great time at tri state kitchen thanks for showing me ur losi as I have been a long time losi guy..I did survive although with my rear shock tower smashed of the rear tower I was really handicapped n had to limp it around just to finish...fixed that long 4mm bolts with a nuts!!! Not gunna have that happen again.think I'm gunna try an electric conversion from my friens monster mike tho as. I wanna try smthn different as well
Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Lookin good JD! See you at BD!
Yep.
Thanks for the body T.
That was a very nice thing to do.

I have all the parts for a "short car" standing by just in case.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry

this goes out to jspeed. You need to get your facts straight before you start trying to make someone look bad. You werent at the texas biggie, so you need to learn to keep your mouth shut. I personally have had enough of this crap, jspeed you are the one that is always starting crap. You are a very negative person, for someone that sales tires and bodies, or anything else. I have kept quiet long enough, just got into this class not to long ago. I have had a really good time, until i started reading this forum. I dont know why you have it out for Bill, but lets get one thing straight, he is doing a good job on getting new people to join the gt class. I am glad that i have him for the gt class and for my parts. I hope to meet you face to face at your so called big event. Now you will probably ban me from there now.(LETS HOPE NOT) because i would really like to race against you, and see how good you really are. If you drive as well as you run your mouth you might be pretty good. (huh). The reason i am saying what i am saying is because, you say the texas drivers are hackers. Maybe not in those terms, but thats what it says to me.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stockcar44
this goes out to jspeed. You need to get your facts straight before you start trying to make someone look bad. You werent at the texas biggie, so you need to learn to keep your mouth shut. I personally have had enough of this crap, jspeed you are the one that is always starting crap. You are a very negative person, for someone that sales tires and bodies, or anything else. I have kept quiet long enough, just got into this class not to long ago. I have had a really good time, until i started reading this forum. I dont know why you have it out for Bill, but lets get one thing straight, he is doing a good job on getting new people to join the gt class. I am glad that i have him for the gt class and for my parts. I hope to meet you face to face at your so called big event. Now you will probably ban me from there now.(LETS HOPE NOT) because i would really like to race against you, and see how good you really are. If you drive as well as you run your mouth you might be pretty good. (huh). The reason i am saying what i am saying is because, you say the texas drivers are hackers. Maybe not in those terms, but thats what it says to me.
Dude, why didn't you just PM this instead of posting out on the open forum? Things have just started to quiet down so why fan the embers to start the flames again? Keeping this kind of stuff going on the open forum does more to hurt the class than to help the class. If you could in the future, please PM this kind of stuff to the intended person. All of us that run this class should work more to keep the technical/informative stuff on this portion of the forum and to leave the personal narrative/attack/flaming to the PM portion of the forum.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

jlock, is jspeed to good to get that kind of message? He runs his mouth alot. I for one would like to see everybody get along, but I feel that jspeed or your self does not want the same. I feel you are the one that tells jspeed the stuff that jspeed talks about. He said he is a good friend of yours, and the other tx drivers dont know how to race. I am tired of jspeed going after bill. Bill is a friend of mine, and i will not take anymore. Jspeed needs to send pm to people he wants to talk bad about not on the forum them. We he does that i will stop as well. By the way why arent you coming to san antonio this month? I will say this, I agree that we should all get along. This should be a place where people can come, and talk, get set up help, and have fun about talking about this class. This is the most fun i have had running rc cars. I would like to keep it fun, but i guess some people can not leave well enough alone..
Old 06-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Let's all stop the infighting!!!

What is today, June 7th, 2011?!? You know what, good will between everyone that runs a GT car needs to start and today is a good day to start it!!!!! I don't care who everyone is friends with, I don't give a flying f--- who runs what brand tires, cars, bodies, engines, fuels, etc, I don't care if you run Open or Spec; all this Hatfield and McCoy feuding s--- needs to stop and stop right now!!!! I keep hearing that everyone want to grow the class but I see very little from everyone as far as actually doing it!!! All I see is sniping, bickering, finger-pointing, flaming, etc, etc about who did what, who don't like who, etc. Well, it needs to stop right here and right now!!!

Stop and think about this: if members of ROAR EXCOMM or the ROAR president reads this kind of stuff (and they do check out the forums occasionally), what makes you think ROAR wants to fool with these cars or any of the racers that run this class. Right now, we are all our own worse enemy with the pettiness about brand affiliations and the like. Lets start showing some respect toward one another on the track, off the track, and on the forums!!! Too many have made this class about them and their brand of whatever they run (and this applies to just about everybody). Well, you know what, this class is bigger than a stinking brand and many miss that point because they are concentrated on seeing it through their brand goggles.

You can flame this post, dislike me, or whatever. I am tired of all this crap from all the parties. Where is the fun in bickering, fighting and feuding all the damn time!!!! We all need to save the drama for the daytime soap operas!!! If everyone chooses to continue with the fighting, finger-pointing, and feuding, then you are the problem just as much as the guy(s) you are fighting. Lets start being proactive, not reactive; lets be problem solvers, not problem starters. If we don't start to patch the riffs between the factions and heal the hurt and bad blood, then this class will eventually die.

Remember this, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." (Quote from Mr Spock from Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan)

Last edited by JLock; 06-08-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Grammar and quote crediting
Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

+1

I agree, this should be a forum for talking set up, giving advice and looking at cool conversions like the O'Donnel or the Losi. I will post pist of my SC8GT as soon as I get the front bumper in place. I comsider many of the racers here my friends even though I have met them only once in person but have raced agaimst them at one time or another. Let's make this what it should be from now on. People (all of us with me included) need to remember that this is a hobby and we do it for fun. Some have a bussiness but in the end we are big kids racing TOY CARS!!!!

On a positive note at our local track we have been growing the class and for this upcomming 6 race of our championship we already have more than 30 racers signed up. We have grown this class by keeping the rules very simple and always and I mean ALWAYS helping the new guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.