Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hi,
can someone give me the email to TM?
lets all write them an email demanding definite answer. we suffered long enough, we need the answer now!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

you could try it, not sure if itd work, but hey, why not. We could make a list of names and have someone send the mail. btw, the address is at teammagic.com.tw, sorry don't have it offhand
Old 06-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks alot. i will drop them few lines tonight or tomorrow at work
Old 06-30-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Try these

[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 06-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

try the top one, the other is more for marketing and sales, while the other is for tech probs and i think nick will respond
Old 06-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

I can't seem to find one of the glow plugs you mentioned at towerhobbies. Do you know where i can find some? Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default glow plugs

Mike,
I would use a McCoy 59, this is the best all around plug for the buck. I have used them with 30 pecent fuel too.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

I need one of those long ones since i have the rossi motor. RC_Alan told me which ones to get but tower doesn't carry any of them.

Mike
Old 06-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

budlightnmyhand... Did you try to call Towerhobbies??? I'm sure they carry one of the plugs I mention earlier... It might not be on there website, but I'm sure they carry them... You can use a McCoy plug as well... The McCoy 59 is a hot plug... Not sure of the climate your running in right now.... But for 20% nitro, you'll be ok running it as well... If you're running 30% plus nitro, I would go with a warm to cold plug... Might take alittle longer to get it tuned, but the power a cold plug will give you using 30% nitro is like night and day...

RC_Alan
Old 07-01-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Really??? So after i burn this fuel i can switch to 30 percent and just get a cold plug? Sweet i'm learining alot today. I'll try calling tower today!! Thanks RC_Alan!!! Much appreciated.

Mike
Old 07-01-2004, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default plugs

Mike, it is not all that simple. The reason for running the McCoy 59, it allows for easier tunning of the card. What happens is that the colder the plug get(richer) the more finiky the carb adjustments are. It can become a very annoying procedure. Some people I know dont run nitro because they cant understand the fundamentals behind tuning.

I agree with Rc Alan, climate, humidity, fuel type and percentage, and glowplug type are all tunning tools. It is not always exact what i run, to what you run per say. It is something you have to experiment with with seperate plugs on that given day to see the differences how they run, and engine temps. Dont forget about engine temp.

I myself had learned this weekend that the cooler it gets on the track, that you have to richen the high needle slighlty, to allow for the dense air to mix properly in the car. You would think that the cooler the air, the leaner you can run-NOT! So you have a lot to learn, as do I, and probably so does others. But we will help you as best as possible.

Last, doesnt your LHS support anything? I see you are mailing out for all your parts, and needs. Someone better talk to them.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

The reason you need to add more fuel or "richen" it when it gets colder is because the density of the air. There is more oxegen per cubic foot per say when its colder than when it is warmer. Therefor when it gets colder you need to richen your motor up to compensate for more air being brought in through your carb. I understand that.

I run nitrous oxide on my crotch rocket. I have to understand A/F ratios or i could blow up my motorcycle

I'm going to try ordering a few different plugs. I would like to try to find the rossi plugs or the novarossi plugs. I'm going to call tower. If not i'll just look on Egay.

So basically i just need to look for a plug with long threads?? The OS #8 barely makes it to the end of the button when i put it in. There is a huge gap between the plug and the piston. Should it be that way when using the standard #3 button?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-01-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rc_alan
budlightnmyhand... Did you try to call Towerhobbies??? I'm sure they carry one of the plugs I mention earlier... It might not be on there website, but I'm sure they carry them... You can use a McCoy plug as well... The McCoy 59 is a hot plug... Not sure of the climate your running in right now.... But for 20% nitro, you'll be ok running it as well... If you're running 30% plus nitro, I would go with a warm to cold plug... Might take alittle longer to get it tuned, but the power a cold plug will give you using 30% nitro is like night and day...

RC_Alan
Here's a low down on the average climate around me. Its between 75 - 90 degree's. humidity is anywhere from 60 - 99 percent.

I also have a nova mega 5 port turbo motor. I want to try running that also. it came with a plug in it but i want to get new ones for that. Should i bump my nitro percentage up to 30 - 35 and go with a cold turbo plug?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-01-2004, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Whats wrong with using the OS #8 plug guys? it says its long? Check the description on towers site http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCB27&P=M

Hmm i still can't find any of the other plugs. I want to try to find a rossi plug.

Mike
Old 07-01-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: plugs

Originally posted by Vr6vroom
Last, doesnt your LHS support anything? I see you are mailing out for all your parts, and needs. Someone better talk to them.
I really don't have an LHS and i don't have any friends with RC cars either. I'm kinda stuck learning everything from the internet. This is my first RC car and i think i'm learning quite well. Most people would have given up by now. This car i wicked fast when its running. All my neighbors come outside when i'm running it up and down the street. The only reason i run it in the street for now is because it has no rocks/ debree on it. The parking lots near me have tons of rocks and have huge cracks. I am going to race this car so don't think i bought it just to bash the car. I have a set of dish wheels now with slick tires i'm going to be running at my track. I just want to test out my car before i go racing it.

I might buy the Mugen MTX-3 prospect, just for a car to build. I love building these things. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. You get a box with a ton of parts and little pieces and then it goes together into something that screams down the track I love it.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.