Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore

I believe that one is not the long waiting limited slip diff but adjustable diff.
anth
do u have the part num???
Old 09-14-2001, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

I believe that one is not the long waiting limited slip diff but adjustable diff.
Actually it is the Limited Slip Diff. It comes with a different set of gears using the same diff case as the original, and it uses a special oil for the LSD.
Old 09-17-2001, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adelmundo

Actually it is the Limited Slip Diff. It comes with a different set of gears using the same diff case as the original, and it uses a special oil for the LSD.
I have just heard that we are going to have this LSD available here in a few days time and it would be cost that much.
Old 09-17-2001, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Has anyone tried to put a 4 stroke in a VoneR yet? I've been looking for a "project" and I might try this one. I've been thinking about buying a VoneR and want to do something different. A buddy put a OS 4 stroke in an Impulse and it is awesome. He had to do some mods like a MTX2 tranny, Ofna clutch system, and a few others, but it is VERY nice.
Old 09-17-2001, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tekrsq
Has anyone tried to put a 4 stroke in a VoneR yet? I've been looking for a "project" and I might try this one. I've been thinking about buying a VoneR and want to do something different. A buddy put a OS 4 stroke in an Impulse and it is awesome. He had to do some mods like a MTX2 tranny, Ofna clutch system, and a few others, but it is VERY nice.
I would rather to put a 4 stroke on a tamiya. V1R is a race type touring car and it will be a waste to do so. Just a though!
Old 09-17-2001, 05:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone knows the difference betw. the Kyosho Active Diff and LSD?
Old 09-17-2001, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by domj
Anyone knows the difference betw. the Kyosho Active Diff and LSD?
active diff is actually adjustable diff.

LSD is limited slip diff. This diff is torque sensing. so it should be called as Torsen LSD.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

So that means you gotta manually adj. the active diff whereas the LSD will self adj?
Old 09-17-2001, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by domj
So that means you gotta manually adj. the active diff whereas the LSD will self adj?
yes
Old 09-18-2001, 02:40 AM
Tech Addict

I would rather to put a 4 stroke on a tamiya. V1R is a race type touring car and it will be a waste to do so. Just a though!
Hey Anthony, how's it going?!?! I wouldn't own a Tamiya if someone gave me the factory. I do not like them at all. In fact, I put them in the league with Tyco and Radio Shack cars. Anyway, I know the Vone R is a race type car, but so is the Impulse. You should see the thing run, it's very impressive. I doesn't have quite the launch of a 2 stroke, but it's just as fast on the top end and sounds AWESOME. It does have gobs of low end torque, too much for a touring car really, but you can take care of some of that with the clutch. I guess it would better be suited for an offroad truck, but I don't want to build a truck. I'm looking for another car project, and thought I'd ask.

Later.
Old 09-18-2001, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Anthony, how's it going?!?! I wouldn't own a Tamiya if someone gave me the factory. I do not like them at all. In fact, I put them in the league with Tyco and Radio Shack cars. Anyway, I know the Vone R is a race type car, but so is the Impulse. You should see the thing run, it's very impressive. I doesn't have quite the launch of a 2 stroke, but it's just as fast on the top end and sounds AWESOME. It does have gobs of low end torque, too much for a touring car really, but you can take care of some of that with the clutch. I guess it would better be suited for an offroad truck, but I don't want to build a truck. I'm looking for another car project, and thought I'd ask.

Later.
When are you going to race with a V1R ??
Old 09-19-2001, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

When are you going to race with a V1R ??

Not sure yet. I still love my MTX-2. I helped a friend build his VoneR a couple of weeks ago. I've been "looking" at it for some time now, but couldn't decide if I should take the chance on getting one. But after seeing his run, I've decided I REALLY like this car. Then after seeing the 4 stroke Impulse run, I wondered if it would be possible to combine the 4 stroke with the Vone R. I think I'm still gonna get the VoneR even if I can't convert it, but still playing with different ideas.
Old 09-19-2001, 02:54 AM
Tech Champion

Not sure yet. I still love my MTX-2. I helped a friend build his VoneR a couple of weeks ago. I've been "looking" at it for some time now, but couldn't decide if I should take the chance on getting one. But after seeing his run, I've decided I REALLY like this car. Then after seeing the 4 stroke Impulse run, I wondered if it would be possible to combine the 4 stroke with the Vone R. I think I'm still gonna get the VoneR even if I can't convert it, but still playing with different ideas.
get as many hop up as you can, this car is sweet
Old 09-19-2001, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

The car, as you probably already seen, is already great stock! If you were to buy hop ups, there are some that I would HIGHLY recommend. First would be CVD's, especially for the front. I would probably get rear graphite shock towers as well. Maybe the aluminum hex hubs too. Other than that, if you wdon't buy anything else you should be fine. The car is great box stock and doesn't need alot to hop it up. I should know since I have oh so many hop ups on it. Here is my list of hop ups so far:

Square 4 mm chassis
5 Star Graphite Radio Tray
Square front graphite shock towers
Square rear graphite shock towers
5 Star CVD's in the front
5 Star Middle Shaft
5 Star Muffler Stay
5 Star Brake drum thingy (it's aluminum and it looks pretty cool)
GPM Rear Delrin Knuckles (don't get the front ones they suck, but they rears are pretty strong and haven't broke)
5 Star titanium hinge pins front and rear
Square aluminum hex hubs
Replaced the stock bearings at the wheels with Dynamite red sealed ones those are 10x15 and 6x12 bearings, 4 each all around. The stock ones all broke.
Square motor mounts that are finned
Kyosho Limited Slip Differential in the rear
I think that's it (hopefully)

SOme of this stuff is overkill and I'm pretty much done with hopping up.
Old 09-20-2001, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Adelmundo,

Where did you get your 5 star parts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.