Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 05:14 PM
asd
Tech Addict

i've raced bout 5 times
i've won like, one race it was pure luck thoughm i think it was a few weeks a go or somting. i was inlike, 10th plpace in the b main, and then all of the sudden, the leader loses control(i think cause radio interference, not sure) and then all 9 cars piled up. i got in the lead with about 5-6mins to go, i held off, with a 12sec lead over 2nd place. it was EXTREMELY LUCKY, i'm ususally in the c or d main, , oh well.
u got a hudy set up board, eh? lmme ask u, were u asking asking urself, how could a few pieces of plastic cost so much?
if u were, thats what was thinking
Old 10-29-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, i know, its alot for what it is... .... but i think it will really pay off in the long run. But that's cool that ur doing alright at races. I'm not confident enough yet to race. BTW, is the V1rr popular at ur track?
Old 10-29-2002, 05:52 PM
asd
Tech Addict

nope, not at all
only one other guy races it,
hes really good though, a real nice guy too, he usually gets top 10 in teh a-main, and where he races, the competition is tough
most of the top canadian drivers race at my track.
popular at urs?
Old 10-29-2002, 06:11 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey guys, wahts the fastest anyone of you have gone with a v one r/rr? with a .12 size engine?
Old 10-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

My comments about hopups and cars come from a recent national event that I went to. A very good Australian driver called Ric Bartellozi drove a bone stock V1RR GT to victory and in doing so drove times MASSIVELY superiour to any times my heavily hopped up V1RR could achieve (with me at the wheel ).

Each car has individual handling characteristics and strengths and weaknesses, but in the nitro touring segment they are all quite level in terms of overall ability right now. There is no one silver bullet. As good as the MTX3 looks I cannot see it making other cars obsolete just yet.

The much hyped NTC3 was nowhere to be seen in the top ten, but no quality drivers were driving them.

As for hopups some look good, some make you feel good, and some others actully offer significant benefits. I have a whole heap of them myself, but I really dont think they do much for me.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by asd
hey guys, wahts the fastest anyone of you have gone with a v one r/rr? with a .12 size engine?
No idea, never cared. I still dont get why so many people are interested in this particular statistic. I guess speed impresses
Old 10-29-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Wink

Course it does! Why else do the cops have to hand out speeding tickets . ("I have to use the bathroom" "Then I'll write your ticket faster" )

In a racing sense, I agree with you, as long as I don't loose too much by the end of the straight, I'm fine with my speed.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Default re-hop-ups

The two most underated hop-ups are.

1) sheer ability(concentration and co-ordination)
2) practice

I have little ability and no time to practice (thats my excuse)

gt

Old 10-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore
its your call!! i will keep watching here !

are you running solid rear and front oneway now?

I am useing front oneway and neg rear diff

I do need to try the solid spool
Old 10-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Yes I have this shell. And I destroyed it in one night

As for handling, well seems to have good low speed steering, and reasonable high speed steering.
sounds like what I do with lola vds bodies
Old 10-29-2002, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Ah so the wheel fell off twice that day. When will we ever learn?

Shumacher looked good but the XXXS drove better.

Selling MTX-2? I'm selling other stuff too but got no takers.

Play more? Maybe. Too bad the car handles good one weekend and handles like doggy doo another. Maybe its me? Ahahaha.

Uncle Moon is always watching.....lurking in the shadows......Can't say or do anything without him knowing. I feel sorry for his kids.....

Crowd Pleaser? Ehhhh OK.

OK guys every top car is just as good as every other top car. They come out with new ones just to suck us dry, that's all.
Nope I never learn

as for selling stuff , maybe if ya really wanted to you could (as in)
E-bay or the for sale forum

Its definatly you

I am glad I am not one of moons kids, couldnt get away with anything
Old 10-29-2002, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

I hate to tell you this, but as it is my moral duty , Your hop ups sound kinda corny

I agree that some people like to blame their lack of ability on other things ("stay car...bad car" ) Driving is the most important factor in racing by far.

And I never get the top car, I get its ex...
Old 10-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

I hate to tell you this, but as it is my moral duty , Your hop ups sound kinda corny

I agree that some people like to blame their lack of ability on other things ("stay car...bad car" ) Driving is the most important factor in racing by far.

But I never get the top car, I get its ex...
Old 10-29-2002, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Default re corny

corny....yes,true........definately.

We had a guy at our club who was the ultimate source of humour,he had the good gear (ntc3+mt12) (gsvision pro+collari)
but couldnt drive his finger up his exhaust.
Every week someone clobbered his frequency or the marshall was in the way or the club commitee was conspiring against him.
And he had a saying "Im a quick driver theres just too many slow drivers on the track".
That series was one by a 16 year old with a cheap car and a $50.00 force 12 engine........who by the way...could drive.

Hi CJM if your here! hows the collari?

GT

Old 10-30-2002, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

We've got one of those guys who thinks that the most expensive stuff is always the best. Colarri 5 port turbo, negative diff, totally hopped up MTX2, Hudy setup station with the official Hudy board underneath the gauges, his own tire truer all under his possession the first day he came to the track. My set of equipment is not worth new what his car was if he sold it to me used.

We were telling ourselves that either he is the most hardcore racer ever, or he was a fruitcake that should give me some of his dough so that it would have been put to better use. He was the latter. . It was funny, but then he was a new guy so you had to feel sorry and you tried to yell suggestions to his overly-lean car so that he wouldn't feel left out and feel as bad about his performance.
At least he wasn't obnoxious . If he was like your track hot-shot, then... I might just have to do something about it. .

There is no hopup that could make that new guy as fast a he wanted to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.