Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Where is everyone?

Originally posted by Nemesis
You're right Mauler, this site has been dead lately.
My car is reliable, durable and dialled. I have all the hopups I want and 2 killer engines a RS12 and a RTU. I got no questions
Old 03-05-2002, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Hey Art how was the race at Castle if ya wen't
Old 03-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone snapped there 5star universals when the hit a board or pipe, I broke 2 over the weekend wile practicing

I have a therory as to why but need to hear other stories and there cures, I do know the #1 reason Don't hit anything but yea right.......like thats gonna happen
Old 03-05-2002, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Hey Art how was the race at Castle if ya wen't
It was really fun you missed out. Lance probably did the best out of all of us as he made the A Mains in both 1/10 .15 On road and also with Expert Rubber .12 . I only managed to get 4th place in the B Main for Expert Rubber .12 . Well I should go out and practice driving some more.
Old 03-06-2002, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by adelmundo

Actually I would need to buy 2. One is for my great uncle (grandfather's brother) who is disabled due to a stroke and he can't grip like a fist with his left hand so he can't use a pistol grip, but he can move the left stick with his thumb. The other hand is OK. I want one for myself just to try it for the heck of it hehehe!
Actually if you play Gran Turismo 3 on Playstation 2, the game controller works in a similar fashion...
Old 03-06-2002, 12:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default racing maybe?

probably racing away or waiting for world cup to watch

I been seeing quite a lot of activities in Mugen thread and not much here!

Anyone got any idea why kyosho site are designed such horribly? They don't seems to bother to change their web site design for so long! and it is unfriendly to use. Well, maybe they should take a look at Mugen or other web sites for feedback.

V-One R or RR or even S is a good car, but their manuals are no where to be seen in their web site. Not like Serpent or Mugent.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Has anyone snapped there 5star universals when the hit a board or pipe, I broke 2 over the weekend wile practicing

I have a therory as to why but need to hear other stories and there cures, I do know the #1 reason Don't hit anything but yea right.......like thats gonna happen
Chris: The 5 Star universals are too brittle...I have seen a
large number of broken universals in the front of V1-Rs running
the 5 Star universal/cvd at Castle when they slap the boards.
The usual brinnell number (hardness measurement) for axle
shafts, dog bones and universals is approximately 30...Yokomo
used a brinnell number of 60 for their original axle shafts in the
GT-4 kits and they would snap off from just tapping boards...
I notice the same phenomenon with the 5 Star universals....
Old 03-06-2002, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Thanks JD I didnt know that, I do wish somethings for these little cars where as strong as a grade 8 or 10 bolt

You gonna be at Delta this weekend if it doesn't rain? Need to chat with you in person again
Old 03-07-2002, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Which is lighter, the stock plastic pulleys or the Kawahara Aluminum pullets for the V-ONE R?
Old 03-07-2002, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by adelmundo
Which is lighter, the stock plastic pulleys or the Kawahara Aluminum pullets for the V-ONE R?
I did not weigh it myself, but a respectable driver from here told me that the aluminuim pulleys are slightly heavier... but in terms of transmittion, the aluminium ones are way more efficient then the stock plastic ones...

This might interest you too... I got to know that Team Kyosho have their own range of aluminium pulleys and they are known to have worked well with the V One R. Right now, if I'm not wrong, the whole of Japan is out of 18T the last time I enquired...

If you want to increase the efficiency of your drive train further, try the titanium front layshaft and 2 speed shaft from Square... of course, you can't do without the SP belt...

Old 03-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

FYI, my Kawahara mid belt pulley (front) fell apart after two days of use. The ring which retains the belt on one side fell off and launched the belt.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kevink2
FYI, my Kawahara mid belt pulley (front) fell apart after two days of use. The ring which retains the belt on one side fell off and launched the belt.
Yah I had the same problem with that same pulley, so I shoe gooed the ring back on the pulley. No problems since then.

So can someone post ALL (I mean ALL) part numbers to convert the V-ONE R to the V-ONE RR. So far this is what I have:

VZ090 = Centax Clutch
VZ088 = Body Mount post
VZ083 = Rear Body Mount Parts
VZ082 = Front Body Mount and Wide bumber parts
VZ080 = Dogbones for the V-ONE RR Rear
VZ070 = Side Belt for Overdrive
? = 25T Overdrive Pulley
? = Transponder mount next to throttle servo
? = New mounting parts that replace the ball and cups to mount the shock on the Suspension A arms

Is there anything else I missed? Can someone give me the part numbers for the ones with a ? next to it as well. All info would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mauler
I did not weigh it myself, but a respectable driver from here told me that the aluminuim pulleys are slightly heavier... but in terms of transmittion, the aluminium ones are way more efficient then the stock plastic ones...

This might interest you too... I got to know that Team Kyosho have their own range of aluminium pulleys and they are known to have worked well with the V One R. Right now, if I'm not wrong, the whole of Japan is out of 18T the last time I enquired...

If you want to increase the efficiency of your drive train further, try the titanium front layshaft and 2 speed shaft from Square... of course, you can't do without the SP belt...
The Kyosho V1RR comes with a completely new set of pulleys which are made from the graphite infused plastic. In my opinion this should transmit the power as efficiently as an aluminium without the weight. JMO.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AMGRacer

The Kyosho V1RR comes with a completely new set of pulleys which are made from the graphite infused plastic. In my opinion this should transmit the power as efficiently as an aluminium without the weight. JMO.
I realised the bulk of the friction in the drive train comes from the rear diff pulley. Tried replacing it and tried the phantom rear pulley and it's not much of a difference.

Other than the rear composite pulley from kfactory, anyone tried others? Or am I the only one having this problem?
Old 03-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mauler

alloy pully is smoother than the stock plastic, but it wont last long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.