Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hey Garen or Arno, I have noticed that I have recently started having problems with my servo mounting screws are coming loose! I know the screws terminate into plastic, and I do use rubber grommets for my servos to minimize interference from the vibration, but I have recently started noticing my screws are coming loose! Have either of you had this issue as well?

It is troubling me a bit. I may try longer screws to remedy this. Also, are there any good servo arms (aluminum or plastic) that you guys recommend using?
I have'nt come across that either, maybe when you were putting the car together you over tightened the screws and stripped the plastic.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arno
I have'nt come across that either, maybe when you were putting the car together you over tightened the screws and stripped the plastic.
No way. I was sure to stop once resistance from the screws were felt. I never go beyond that.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default First Run Today

Hi Guys,

Ran the car today for the first time, very impressive. The balance of the car feels very good, stable with very good turn in. Credit to Motonica on the geometry.

For those that are not keen on the exposed receiver, I also adapted the Mugen MTX-4 cover to give a bit more protection, picture as per below.

Regards

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th scale Motonica-mugen-cover-1.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-mugen-cover-2.jpg  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I started building my P81 last night and hope to finish it for testing on sunday
morning. Its going together very well. Thanks for the tank build Garen.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No problem; tank is quite easy to build once you figure it out...

The monobloc engine mount and adjustable blade rear sway bar are finally ready and will be shipped this week.

Congrats to the Motonica team placing 2 cars in the A final at the Euro 'B' championships. http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=22100
Old 06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default clutch tools, etc

building car for first time:

what tools should i buy for clutch assembly and tune (brand/model)?

can i use the KO lo profile servo and mount under radio tray?

any other tools specific to the car i should get?

thanks
Old 06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

The only special clutch tool I can think of is one of those round spring nut tightening tools, I think Kyosho makes one, not sure who else.
Not sure if you can fit a lp KO servo under the throttle servo mounts. My standard size Airtronics servos already sit pretty low and they are installed above the mounts.
If you have owned any other 1/8th car, then I can't think of any special tools you might still need to get. If not, then get yourself a good quality set of r/c tools (Hudy, etc), you'll need 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 2.5B, 3.0, flat head screwdriver for tuning, a couple of different size needle nose pliers, caster clip tool (hook), set up fixtures/tools, calipers, dremel.
Be sure to check out the support page of www.motonica-usa.com and if you have any questions, post here or email [email protected]
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

on the steering linkages, servo saver, etc does it matter which side of the plastic the pivot balls are pressed in?

when gluing the brake pad do you cover the entire side of plate with pad or should it be cut in half circle to avoid holes as shown in manual?

also, can anyone recommend caliper brand/size?

thanks
Old 06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Yes, all the ball ends have one side slightly bigger than the other. Look carefully/closely and you'll see the bigger side.

I cut the brake pads as to avoid the holes. You don't have to cut them in a perfect semi circle as shown in the manual, but try to avoid the holes. Also, be sure to glue the brake caliper pins into the right bulkhead- this is a precautionary measure.

Go to Harbor Freight tools, they have digital calipers for cheap. No need to get one larger than 100mm's or so.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

My kit is slowly getting ready.
I installed my receiver in the following way:

I used this receiver box:

http://www.rmv-deutschland.de

Old 06-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...X4%252FMRX4%29
Old 06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

That car looks nice and that battery box is BULLET PROOF!. I guess it insures the survival of a direct hit or Chernobyl type melt down.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default shocks

could someone briefly summarize shock build?

i threaded post until threads didnt show above plastic ball end. all else is fine but not sure how to properly seat the flange on the diaphragm into the aluminum cap?

also share basic steps for inserting oil and removing bubbles.

sorry for basic questions...
Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Download the assembly tips file from the support page of motonica-usa.com, it will help you a bunch.

Thread the shock ends until the threads don't show, and measure the gap between the end of the shock end and bottom of the shock body; make sure they are the same.

Place the plastic piece in the aluminum ring. Drop some oil in there and gently push the bladder into place in a circular motion. You can use a dull tip to do this.

Push the piston in about 1/4 of the way. Start filling the oil until about 1/2 way. Pull the piston down and continue to fill with oil. Push the piston in and out a couple of times and allow the shock to sit until all the air comes out.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

a short update in my blog

http://jdracing.blogs.se

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.