Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok testing has started!!
I took a camera down to the track today and set it up at some corners for this short vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bG0XdFJKo
The spool did the trick, the car was much more stable going through the chicanes, and into the hairpins i had brakes...woohoo!

Its the middle of winter in the UK, it was 8 degrees to day, so traction and overall grip was poor, but with the spool and additional changes (pictured below), the chassis was very drivable with no over steer, and just a hint of push/understeer in the high speed corners.

I noticed in previous testing the rear was skipping over the bumps, so I added some 1mm shims under the rear spring pan, this released some of the pre-load and softened the rear,
The chassis now sits level too, thanks to some 2mm carbon plates i made and put under the rear axle/bearing housings all in aid of getting a neutral handeling chassis...see pic
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...00275text2.jpg

...can't wait for the warmer weather now.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jbsmith1
ok testing has started!!
I took a camera down to the track today and set it up at some corners for this short vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bG0XdFJKo
The spool did the trick, the car was much more stable going through the chicanes, and into the hairpins i had brakes...woohoo!

Its the middle of winter in the UK, it was 8 degrees to day, so traction and overall grip was poor, but with the spool and additional changes (pictured below), the chassis was very drivable with no over steer, and just a hint of push/understeer in the high speed corners.

I noticed in previous testing the rear was skipping over the bumps, so I added some 1mm shims under the rear spring pan, this released some of the pre-load and softened the rear,
The chassis now sits level too, thanks to some 2mm carbon plates i made and put under the rear axle/bearing housings all in aid of getting a neutral handeling chassis...see pic
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...00275text2.jpg

...can't wait for the warmer weather now.
.............jb..........good video........the Spada motors sound cool.....raspy..........man, Kyosho needs these here stateside..............
Old 01-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.............jb..........good video........the Spada motors sound cool.....raspy..........man, Kyosho needs these here stateside..............
Taylorm,

Its never going to happen, that is why I have chilled on the rhetoric. The best approach to this now is to get your LHSs involved. For those of you that have them and have been ordering parts for the Spada from overseas, you guys should take all of your receipts to the owners of the LHSs in your areas. Show them that because Kyosho refuses to bring this car to the states, this is the money that Kyosho USA is taking from their coffers and forcing us to send it overseas. Maybe the LHS owners could then put some heat to them to bring the Spada here. Just a thought.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

jbsmith1,

sorry for the late reply regarding the k-factory V1R fuel tank mod.
held up by work, yet to do the mod.

looks like it might work with some modifications..
the throttle servo deck will have to be cut, need to make braces for the fuel tank.
pics below

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=87881
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=87882
Old 01-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Suspended

so i cant get one here in the usa?thats sux!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Taylorm
the engine is running on 16% Tornado and power is good

Originally Posted by n.e.r.d
jbsmith1,

sorry for the late reply regarding the k-factory V1R fuel tank mod.
held up by work, yet to do the mod.

looks like it might work with some modifications..
the throttle servo deck will have to be cut, need to make braces for the fuel tank.
pics below

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=87881
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=87882
arh yes...the fit looks good m8...hmm i see i would need to use a low profile steering servo, I'am still tempted though, good work keep us posted
Old 01-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

yup jbsmith1, gotta use a low profile servo.

i'm using the futaba 9550.
ko 2413 will do the job too.

will keep you guys updated once i get it sorted out.
looking forward to 15mins runtime..
Old 01-30-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ocktoberfest00
so i cant get one here in the usa?thats sux!!!
You can get one, but have to order it through Hong Kong or other Asian markets. Kyosho has told us that there is no market for the car here in the states and will not import it here. Funny, because there are at least 50+, and counting, guys that I have seen on this forum that have bought the car and many parts for them. In the mean time, your local LHS that Kyosho and other say they support have been left out in the cold, again losing monies to overseas suppliers, hobby shops, and the internet. But hey, you can get that cool new model Mini Z that they are importing to the states.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jbsmith1
The spring for the rear is the exact same size as the spring for the front of the AE rc12l4 1/12th pan car and is available in at least three spring rates... atleast one of them is softer than the stock spring.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
The spring for the rear is the exact same size as the spring for the front of the AE rc12l4 1/12th pan car and is available in at least three spring rates... atleast one of them is softer than the stock spring.
yes thanks zoot, the stock kyosho rear springs mic out at 0.021' and 0.275' length, the L4's are a little shorter but still fit...I will try their 0.018's

I noticed i have around +1 deg of off camber wear (see pic)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../camberpic.jpg
Has any one tried this Team Honest part that gives -1.5 deg?
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...estspada-2.jpg
Old 01-31-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

I have observed similar wear and no..haven't tried the camber adjusting top plate.

You are doing some good work testing. We are still in Deep winter here... lots snow. The only track time I have had was in Vegas and I blew out a 6x10 bearing (rear axle) after about 4-5 minutes. But... on that big track.... was a ton of fun!!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new spada owner

well Iam another for the list of US spada owners,I have yet to put it together.
I have a few questions; 1)are the hop-up items(aluminum/carbon bits from kyosho) needed.2)I have read most of this thread but how do you place an
order w/RC Rainbow?and is this the best place for hop-ups and spare parts?

TIA
Rich
Old 01-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You guys are killing me with this thing. Warming up the credit card...
Old 01-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by masterrch
how do you place an
order w/RC Rainbow?and is this the best place for hop-ups and spare parts?

TIA
Rich
PM Ivan "bakaguyjean" and he will take care of you.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

here the photo of the new tuned pipe from Sirio on my car

Tuned motors and pipe back at stock

part nr inline pipe set s0920010
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-01022008023_resize.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-01022008024_resize.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.