R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #661
Tech Apprentice
 
jbsmith1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 64
Default

ok testing has started!!
I took a camera down to the track today and set it up at some corners for this short vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bG0XdFJKo
The spool did the trick, the car was much more stable going through the chicanes, and into the hairpins i had brakes...woohoo!

Its the middle of winter in the UK, it was 8 degrees to day, so traction and overall grip was poor, but with the spool and additional changes (pictured below), the chassis was very drivable with no over steer, and just a hint of push/understeer in the high speed corners.

I noticed in previous testing the rear was skipping over the bumps, so I added some 1mm shims under the rear spring pan, this released some of the pre-load and softened the rear,
The chassis now sits level too, thanks to some 2mm carbon plates i made and put under the rear axle/bearing housings all in aid of getting a neutral handeling chassis...see pic
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...00275text2.jpg

...can't wait for the warmer weather now.
jbsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:52 AM   #662
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith1 View Post
ok testing has started!!
I took a camera down to the track today and set it up at some corners for this short vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bG0XdFJKo
The spool did the trick, the car was much more stable going through the chicanes, and into the hairpins i had brakes...woohoo!

Its the middle of winter in the UK, it was 8 degrees to day, so traction and overall grip was poor, but with the spool and additional changes (pictured below), the chassis was very drivable with no over steer, and just a hint of push/understeer in the high speed corners.

I noticed in previous testing the rear was skipping over the bumps, so I added some 1mm shims under the rear spring pan, this released some of the pre-load and softened the rear,
The chassis now sits level too, thanks to some 2mm carbon plates i made and put under the rear axle/bearing housings all in aid of getting a neutral handeling chassis...see pic
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...00275text2.jpg

...can't wait for the warmer weather now.
.............jb..........good video........the Spada motors sound cool.....raspy..........man, Kyosho needs these here stateside..............
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #663
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
.............jb..........good video........the Spada motors sound cool.....raspy..........man, Kyosho needs these here stateside..............
Taylorm,

Its never going to happen, that is why I have chilled on the rhetoric. The best approach to this now is to get your LHSs involved. For those of you that have them and have been ordering parts for the Spada from overseas, you guys should take all of your receipts to the owners of the LHSs in your areas. Show them that because Kyosho refuses to bring this car to the states, this is the money that Kyosho USA is taking from their coffers and forcing us to send it overseas. Maybe the LHS owners could then put some heat to them to bring the Spada here. Just a thought.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #664
Tech Regular
 
n.e.r.d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

jbsmith1,

sorry for the late reply regarding the k-factory V1R fuel tank mod.
held up by work, yet to do the mod.

looks like it might work with some modifications..
the throttle servo deck will have to be cut, need to make braces for the fuel tank.
pics below

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=87881
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=87882
n.e.r.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #665
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 157
Default

so i cant get one here in the usa?thats sux!!!
ocktoberfest00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:24 AM   #666
Tech Apprentice
 
jbsmith1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm
.............jb..........good video........the Spada motors sound cool.....raspy..........man, Kyosho needs these here stateside..............
the engine is running on 16% Tornado and power is good


Quote:
Originally Posted by n.e.r.d
jbsmith1,

sorry for the late reply regarding the k-factory V1R fuel tank mod.
held up by work, yet to do the mod.

looks like it might work with some modifications..
the throttle servo deck will have to be cut, need to make braces for the fuel tank.
pics below

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=87881
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=87882
arh yes...the fit looks good m8...hmm i see i would need to use a low profile steering servo, I'am still tempted though, good work keep us posted
jbsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 AM   #667
Tech Regular
 
n.e.r.d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

yup jbsmith1, gotta use a low profile servo.

i'm using the futaba 9550.
ko 2413 will do the job too.

will keep you guys updated once i get it sorted out.
looking forward to 15mins runtime..
n.e.r.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:15 AM   #668
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocktoberfest00 View Post
so i cant get one here in the usa?thats sux!!!
You can get one, but have to order it through Hong Kong or other Asian markets. Kyosho has told us that there is no market for the car here in the states and will not import it here. Funny, because there are at least 50+, and counting, guys that I have seen on this forum that have bought the car and many parts for them. In the mean time, your local LHS that Kyosho and other say they support have been left out in the cold, again losing monies to overseas suppliers, hobby shops, and the internet. But hey, you can get that cool new model Mini Z that they are importing to the states.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #669
Tech Addict
 
Zootcapri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Utah
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith1 View Post
I noticed in previous testing the rear was skipping over the bumps, so I added some 1mm shims under the rear spring pan, this released some of the pre-load and softened the rear,
The spring for the rear is the exact same size as the spring for the front of the AE rc12l4 1/12th pan car and is available in at least three spring rates... atleast one of them is softer than the stock spring.
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:44 AM   #670
Tech Apprentice
 
jbsmith1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootcapri
The spring for the rear is the exact same size as the spring for the front of the AE rc12l4 1/12th pan car and is available in at least three spring rates... atleast one of them is softer than the stock spring.
yes thanks zoot, the stock kyosho rear springs mic out at 0.021' and 0.275' length, the L4's are a little shorter but still fit...I will try their 0.018's

I noticed i have around +1 deg of off camber wear (see pic)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../camberpic.jpg
Has any one tried this Team Honest part that gives -1.5 deg?
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...estspada-2.jpg
jbsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:19 AM   #671
Tech Addict
 
Zootcapri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Utah
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I have observed similar wear and no..haven't tried the camber adjusting top plate.

You are doing some good work testing. We are still in Deep winter here... lots snow. The only track time I have had was in Vegas and I blew out a 6x10 bearing (rear axle) after about 4-5 minutes. But... on that big track.... was a ton of fun!!
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #672
Tech Rookie
 
masterrch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10
Default new spada owner

well Iam another for the list of US spada owners,I have yet to put it together.
I have a few questions; 1)are the hop-up items(aluminum/carbon bits from kyosho) needed.2)I have read most of this thread but how do you place an
order w/RC Rainbow?and is this the best place for hop-ups and spare parts?

TIA
Rich
masterrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #673
Tech Elite
 
MugenDrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Apollo Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,098
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

You guys are killing me with this thing. Warming up the credit card...
__________________
Mugen Seiki Racing Desoto Racing Race AKA Byron Original Fuels Arrowmax Sanwa RC America
MugenDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:41 PM   #674
Tech Addict
 
Zootcapri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Utah
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterrch View Post
how do you place an
order w/RC Rainbow?and is this the best place for hop-ups and spare parts?

TIA
Rich
PM Ivan "bakaguyjean" and he will take care of you.
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #675
Tech Addict
 
border r/c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 534
Default

here the photo of the new tuned pipe from Sirio on my car

Tuned motors and pipe back at stock

part nr inline pipe set s0920010
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-01022008023_resize.jpg   Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-01022008024_resize.jpg  
__________________
http://www.the-border.com
Europe's largest 1/8 scale 1/10 rc car warehouse.

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho Silicone Lube for 1/12th Dampner Tubes noline Electric On-Road 4 12-20-2007 11:13 PM
wtb: rc gas powered jowel_men R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 05-13-2007 09:41 PM
1/18 Electric Powered bpandragon Electric Off-Road 5 04-07-2006 10:22 AM
24.7 powered RS4 Racer 2 bbb R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-25-2003 12:15 AM
which powered kit??? famous182 Nitro On-Road 2 05-07-2003 07:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:42 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net