Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
The brakes look cool... but... don't be too concerned about performance... this is still a rear brake only car (like a 1/12th electric pan car) that will do real cool loop-outs if you have more than a breath of brake (like a 1/12th electric pan car). I went with the Kyosho upgraded brake rotor thinking 'this will be great'.... wasn't (but does look cool though). I now have a carbon fiber disk... to lower rotating mass. The oneway front seems to be your best friend in slowing down....just crank it into the corner and watch it corner as on rails and let the turn slow you down a little. If this were a 4 wheel drive sedan with a spool or diff in the front... high performance brakes are the ticket.
True, but you need the upgraded rotor as well as the ugraded pads...what you're really after is improved consistency in braking...not simply braking power...(I have both...upgraded disks & pads on all me cars...Spada, RR-Evo, RRR, & Evolva).
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

The brakes look cool... but... don't be too concerned about performance... this is still a rear brake only car (like a 1/12th electric pan car) that will do real cool loop-outs if you have more than a breath of brake (like a 1/12th electric pan car). I went with the Kyosho upgraded brake rotor thinking 'this will be great'.... wasn't (but does look cool though). I now have a carbon fiber disk... to lower rotating mass. The oneway front seems to be your best friend in slowing down....just crank it into the corner and watch it corner as on rails and let the turn slow you down a little. If this were a 4 wheel drive sedan with a spool or diff in the front... high performance brakes are the ticket.
True, but you need the upgraded rotor as well as the ugraded pads...what you're really after is improved consistency in braking...not simply braking power...(I have both...upgraded disks & pads on all my cars...Spada, RR-Evo, RRR, & Evolva).
Old 01-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

True, but you need the upgraded rotor as well as the upgraded pads...what you're really after is improved consistency in braking...not simply braking power...(I have both...upgraded disks & pads on all my cars...Spada, RR-Evo, RRR, & Evolva).
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I understand all three posts....

Just be careful using the term braking and power in the same sentence as Spada...

Like I said, Braking in the rear brake only car is different than in a sedan with a spool or diff.... Get it on the track... tap the brakes....see what I mean.

I also upgrade the brakes (tried it on this car).
Old 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Spada

Hey guys. Just got my Spada and am putting it together. I have noticed something though. Have any of you had the problem of the front kingpins in the front hubs rubbing the indide of the front wheel?? How tight do you tighten them and still have a bit of suspention??
Old 01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
Hey guys. Just got my Spada and am putting it together. I have noticed something though. Have any of you had the problem of the front kingpins in the front hubs rubbing the indide of the front wheel?? How tight do you tighten them and still have a bit of suspention??
where are your pics of it?
Old 01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, new in this bit, so hello every one.
Just got my hands on one of these, and thought i would share some ideas i have carried out.

I noticed there is just enough space for 5 AAA batteries to go behind the fuel tank, if you use a micro servo...this will give near perfect balance side to side.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/DSC00232.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/DSC00245.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/DSC00228.jpg
some pics of the micro servo mounting...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/DSC00234.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/DSC00236.jpg
I also put some small springs between the brake pads (from a 1:8th nitro buggy) to stop any brake drag.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah...I also made my own humppack from 1000mah cells...

Will the vibration be a concern with the mini-servo? I thought the manual cautions against it...

BTW the K-factory pads/springs work quite well also...
Old 01-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jbsmith1
Hi, new in this bit, so hello every one.
Just got my hands on one of these, and thought i would share some ideas i have carried out.

I noticed there is just enough space for 5 AAA batteries to go behind the fuel tank, if you use a micro servo...this will give near perfect balance side to side. .
Remember... 3 to 3 1/2 minutes run time out of the stock tank....15 minutes with the Losi conversion (pgs 11 and 12). Then you'll rethink the balance part.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Guys, you wanna get these, we can start a new nitro class at our tracks..... http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-1-12-NITR...QQcmdZViewItem i bet my blizzard is faster than yours...............look, still 172 available.........get one now, they're gonna go FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't stop laughing
Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
Will the vibration be a concern with the mini-servo?
I used rubber servo mounts from a 1:8th buggy, some servo`s come with them.
15 minutes with the Losi conversion
Yes nice job Zoot. At the moment I`am the only one in our club with one, so i dont want to put people off, thinking they need to do tank mods. I beleive you run 30% nitro Zoot? I will try some 16% and see how the run times are, we don't have high traction here in the UK anyway
Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
BTW the K-factory pads/springs work quite well also...
looks cool! If Kyosho release a spool for the front then i would do that, good find.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Absolutely.... If a spool was available then the brakes would be stoppers and the better pad and rotors would be the ticket.... until then... don't breath on them too hard or you'll loop out....
Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

hi guys,

will getting my spada soon,
thinking of longer run-times, what other fuel tank might fit in the car?

any hop-ups worth getting? or is the car good enough in stock form?
and any build tips?

thanks in advance!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Car ran some at Vegas... the gearing (and I am running the largest 2nd gear pinion) was off for the straight. Peaked out about 2/3rds the way down the straight. The car was twitchy at speed... worked on it and ran pretty good. I did blow out a bearing on the rear 'suspension' pivot. If I can find one I will try to get video.... If I can find one.

As far as the upgrades... IMO... the gas tank, Blue head is a good start. I don't know what the appeal of 3 minute run time is....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.