Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi Serpent lovers, I'm thinking of picking up a 720 07, any words of advice? Most guys out here run mugens or kyoshos but I like to be different and from what i read the 720 is just as fast

Anyone know where I can get one cheap? needs to ship internationally, so far the best price I've found is RCmushroom for US$430 which seems pretty good
Old 06-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
i would like to use lightened steel pinion gear for the 1st gear (17T). is there any? who makes them and where can i order this part?
i understand aluminum is lighter and better for acceleration but i believe its easy to lose track of the pinion wear that eventually will strip the spur (which is what happened to me). lightened steel should be harder and should relieve me of this problem

I am not sure if serpent has come out steel 17T pinion.

But 16T steel , ,,,yes.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigM
Hi Serpent lovers, I'm thinking of picking up a 720 07, any words of advice? Most guys out here run mugens or kyoshos but I like to be different and from what i read the 720 is just as fast
You mean faster ...

Anyone know where I can get one cheap? needs to ship internationally, so far the best price I've found is RCmushroom for US$430 which seems pretty good
Although I'm no RCmushroom fan, that's a good price.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Although I'm no RCmushroom fan, that's a good price.
yeah service isn't their strong suit but EMS postage to Australia is cheap and ultra fast, plus they have Helios with Spektrum kit at a sweet price (US$345) so I might grab them together for a complete upgrade & save on postage

then sell a kidney
Old 06-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

I´m having an issue with the front differential on my 720. It keeps opening loose during the race and letting all the oil come out. I have changed the diff case, but the problem re-occurred last race. I use 50000WT on the front diff.
Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshosan
Hi Guys,

I´m having an issue with the front differential on my 720. It keeps opening loose during the race and letting all the oil come out. I have changed the diff case, but the problem re-occurred last race. I use 50000WT on the front diff.
Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

This might happen if you have the diff overfilled. When you rebuild the diff, try less oil. Filling it up until the oil touches the shaft is enough.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

By "opening loose" you mean the screws undo themselves?

Don't overtighten when building it. The o-ring does the sealing, not the compression of the two halves of the diff casing.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone got any tips on transponder mounting
Old 06-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

theres a notch at the back of the front bumper and two holes on the plate just behind the notch .the holes line up with the holes on the transponder ...that is where I mounted mine
Old 06-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 720 Fuel Tank Air Leaks

Hello All,

Well I have been racing the 720 since the day it was released, and from day one I have had the issue with the tank loosing air pressure during a run and eventually leaning out my motor after about 2-3mins.

Again today in the Main it happened again after being fine all day, after taking apart the motor and everything else I did an air pressur test on the tank and as it turns out about 80% of the air was coming right out of the Cap, putting alittle pressure on the cap and voilla came out of the right exit.

I have probably bought about 9-10 different tanks and lids etc, I still havent gotten the rubber o-ring lid, has anyone experimented with this lid? I have heard mixed reviews, as some say the rubber o-ring expands when it gets saturated in fuel and makes it "harder" to close shut requiring a manual push down. I am even at the point where I am thinking of using an elastic band to keep the lid more secure.

All tips, hints and what you've done are more then welcome. Is there any aftermarket tanks anyone knows of?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
theres a notch at the back of the front bumper and two holes on the plate just behind the notch .the holes line up with the holes on the transponder ...that is where I mounted mine

This is correct this is where my transponder is, however according to IFMAR and others its illegal to have the transponder infront of the front axle, for what ever reason this is, I have no clue, kinda stupid but for racing in IFMAR you'll have to double side tape it on the top deck, or if your using the new mini spektrum reciever you can "stuff" it in the reciever protecter/holder.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tank

I tried the "O" ring lid and it didn't work for me. With the car on the bench, if I opened the carb, the engine picked up and with the build of pressure I could see the lid pop! With the "o" ring, the lid would not re-seal, and I had no tank pressure. I think the exhaust system generates more pres than is required in the tank line. I did make a line flow restrictor, but I went back to the regular lid and never used it. I might try it again, but for now I'm staying with the reg lid.

Dave
Old 06-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

CONGRATULATION TO TEAM SERPENT likewise to DJ for winning the 1/10 sedan at the Capitol Classic @ 301 raceway and Paolo for the 2nd place finish at the 1/8
Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by buboy28
CONGRATULATION TO TEAM SERPENT likewise to DJ for winning the 1/10 sedan at the Capitol Classic @ 301 raceway and Paolo for the 2nd place finish at the 1/8
Yes, very well done to Team Serpent there, DJ and Paolo on the top two podium.

Same here yesterday at Round 4 of the BRCA Nationals, Mark Green taking the win with the S720.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got my 720 '07 last week. any words of advice regarding the kit? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.