Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Dirt Nitro Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Lutz has a great write up about the event. I agree that him posting it to facebook was a childish choice...Men get face to face and talk it out. Little girls run to the internet to cry about it.

So a guy who is 30+ years old is supposed to go confront a kid half his age? And you think he made the childish choice? I don't see any issue with what Lutz did. You gotta remember he is trying to please his sponsors and fans(LutzRC Customers) and he wants all of them to know he would have done better if he would not have been hacked by a person quickly gaining a reputation for hacking.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For sure, I'm not saying Maifield/Rikin did the right thing nor if the grip was consistent the race would be better and without incidents.
After allI was just commenting Socket's main.

Originally Posted by Jaymancd
If the other pros were able to drive without hacking people, then the guys at the front should be able to as well.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apco1
So a guy who is 30+ years old is supposed to go confront a kid half his age? And you think he made the childish choice? I don't see any issue with what Lutz did. You gotta remember he is trying to please his sponsors and fans(LutzRC Customers) and he wants all of them to know he would have done better if he would not have been hacked by a person quickly gaining a reputation for hacking.
I don't see any harm, whether it's a 17 year old man, or a 60 year old man, sitting down and having a conversation about what happened. This puts away any facebook drama from him crying on the internet about it.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nothing wrong with a conversation about their sides of the story, because it might actually get the person in the wrong to realize they are in the wrong. Even if it is blatantly obvious
Old 02-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

why dont we run big foam bumpers like onroad..... bumper buggies ftw
Old 02-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidfast
Here you can clearly see it in the upper left.

Its set to repeat to ensure maximum puntage.

http://i.imgur.com/lpmdHGK.gifv
The Rivkin/Lutz incident was just hard racing. Lutz was on the right coming over the jump. Rivkin was on the left and jumped further into the turn. Where unfortunately Lutz had already turned into the apex. And they both tried to occupy the same space in time. There was nothing Rivkn could have done since he jumped nearly to the apex. At no point did he change his line or steer into Lutz. Nothing like some of Maifields moves.
That's just my opinion others may vary
Old 02-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Damn... People are just lacing into him on FB, lol
Old 02-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
I don't see any harm, whether it's a 17 year old man, or a 60 year old man, sitting down and having a conversation about what happened. This puts away any facebook drama from him crying on the internet about it.
Emotions are high on race day, I think you are forgetting that. If he had even nicely confronted him at the track there is a high likely hood an argument or fight would have broken out. I tried to do what you suggested and just simply talk to a guy about an incident on the track and we almost came to blows when Kanai was in Vietnam the second time. Worst mistake I made was trying to nicely talk about what happened. Had I not said a thing and posted it on facebook there would have been no problems during the race. If this "kid" is a hack job don't you think he would have had a hot head over any accusations marring his podium? If you hacked me in such a big event and I confronted you would you have been polite or would it have started something, maybe no blows but at least an argument? Then where would that lead if it were caught on video to any sponsors??
Old 02-23-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Like I posted after the dnc Joey will be having a 3rd party Monitor this next year! Or he has to pay a 100$ bet he said personally!!!!!
Old 02-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

As someone who ran the track, and not just watched on YouTube, I'll say that the track, and your line, was not just different every race, but damn near every lap, with all three of the step ups bearing the biggest changes. Do you realize how hard it would be to try and lawn dart the car ahead of you, over the step up, who is already transitioning the turn?! Mayfield punched it over the step up in hopes of landing in front of Cav, in a last ditch effort to try and regain the lead. Some of you guys cry and wine worse than the guys who actually got punted around the track.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnyW
The Rivkin/Lutz incident was just hard racing. Lutz was on the right coming over the jump. Rivkin was on the left and jumped further into the turn. Where unfortunately Lutz had already turned into the apex. And they both tried to occupy the same space in time. There was nothing Rivkn could have done since he jumped nearly to the apex. At no point did he change his line or steer into Lutz. Nothing like some of Maifields moves.
That's just my opinion others may vary

YUUUPPP!!
Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BigReade
As someone who ran the track, and not just watched on YouTube, I'll say that the track, and your line, was not just different every race, but damn near every lap, with all three of the step ups bearing the biggest changes. Do you realize how hard it would be to try and lawn dart the car ahead of you, over the step up, who is already transitioning the turn?! Mayfield punched it over the step up in hopes of landing in front of Cav, in a last ditch effort to try and regain the lead. Some of you guys cry and wine worse than the guys who actually got punted around the track.
Late to the party? We know what happened. We watched it on youtube. Did you know you can play and rewind play and rewind play and rewind to come up a better opinion? I didnt say he tried to lawn dart at the end. Im just saying it was a wild crazy move that had nearly no way of succeeding unless he hit the other car.

I wish i had a facebook page so i can read lutz and rufkin responses.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:19 PM
JQ
Tech Master

you dont need a fb to read it
Old 02-23-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Franchise
Late to the party? We know what happened. We watched it on youtube. Did you know you can play and rewind play and rewind play and rewind to come up a better opinion? I didnt say he tried to lawn dart at the end. Im just saying it was a wild crazy move that had nearly no way of succeeding unless he hit the other car.

I wish i had a facebook page so i can read lutz and rufkin responses.
I'm sorry, did I quote you in particular?

Last edited by DRTMI; 02-24-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

All I know is you don't leave the door open on the first corner on the first lap or on the last lap! In my B main i went from 7th to 2nd in two corners just cause people went wide. If you watch supercross people make aggressive moves on the last lap you have to know its coming.
I was more impressed with the speed on CJ in expert truggy. That was fun to see him work his way up to almost a win.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.