Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel at the worlds...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Imbue
So the only countries to fit your restrictions, would be US, CAN, AUS, NZ...
Or South Africa.

Yeah, that has always been a winning location for Worlds
Old 07-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Or South Africa.

Yeah, that has always been a winning location for Worlds
English is the 1st Language for 9% of the population of SA. So it could go either way.

But that's semantics though. The point still remains.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Imbue
English is the 1st Language for 9% of the population of SA. So it could go either way.

But that's semantics though. The point still remains.
Yes but most all speak more than one language and English is common. I don't have the numbers but I bet it's at least half the population.

And yes I agree, the point definitely still stands.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Well China then, there are more English speaking people in China than the U.S.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Looks like these new regulations are going to limit nitro fuel to %23.. I can live with that, since all my engines run %25 currently. What I can't live with though is an increase in price. My Tornado %25 recently went from €44 per four liters to €49, which is too much. Luckily I was able to scrounge and find it elsewhere at the old price, but with much effort and hassle. Might have to stock up before these regulations kick in... I will not pay €50.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:25 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Its an interesting read. My question would be, seeing that these companies have come on as sponsors. Does that mean that fuel will be free for all those attending?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

New restrictions of fuel and place they pick to run the worlds priceless.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
so for the second worlds in a row we seem to be having issues with the venue, gettings parts into the country and fuel.

To be honest why cant ifmar to use locations that are actually up for the task and don't have any issues with stuff like this.

and i mean this in every respect to people This may seem like it offends:
HOLD IT IN A MAINLY ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY!!!!!
Yes of course! Because English is the most spoken language in YOUR world.
You know that by your statement the first choice would be a race in China where about 1200 MILLION people talk Mandarin (or a variety of)
Second would be a country where they speak Spanish.
And there are about 415 MILLION people talking Spanish.
Only in third place comes English with about 335 MILLION, and that is not only US but the whole world counted.

So why again, would the race be held in an ENGLISH speaking country?
Was it beacuse you are speaking english?
Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Looks like these new regulations are going to limit nitro fuel to %23.. I can live with that, since all my engines run %25 currently. What I can't live with though is an increase in price. My Tornado %25 recently went from €44 per four liters to €49, which is too much. Luckily I was able to scrounge and find it elsewhere at the old price, but with much effort and hassle. Might have to stock up before these regulations kick in... I will not pay €50.
Within Europe the EFRA and some countries are already using 16% by the rules and to be honest no real power loss is detected.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/08/19/i...ce=twitterfeed

Like said... This is a big deal...
Old 08-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Would be a shame to have something as simple as fuel regulations change the course of future Worlds events. The very name implies it should be everywhere; these English speaking comments are ridiculous.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Argentina 2.0

So here we are 2 years later, back to watching our most prestigious race turned into a laughing stock by a bunch of people who don't even race, trying to make as much money as they possibly can off everyone attending. Completely pathetic, and all governing bodies should be ashamed this was allowed to happen. Again. Wonder why RC racing will never be taken seriously or televised? Argentina was exhibit A, this is exhibit B. We're one flameout away from an international incident now - can you imagine what's going to ensue should someone flame leading the final?

Hold every future worlds event at Pattaya and be done with it. At least we'd know what kind of surface the race would be held on by now.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I know you're aware that only a fraction of the worlds population plays with these and of that fraction, maybe 10% actually race them and of those, another fraction makes it to a Worlds or National event. The "taken serious" and "televised" comments must be a sad attempt at humor.

Shipping nitro into the states isnt exactly easy either. I guess that isnt relevant to people that live here though.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

"Lets keep it at only English speaking countries"
I speak four languages, it wouldn't hurt any American if he actually bothered to learn even one foreign language, it might prove to be something to help him grow as a person. If you're into that..

Some people seem to disregard the rest of the world, and thinks "the world" means only the US. But in fact the US has a lot of places that are way worse than socalled third world countries in Africa, one good example Detroit.

In fact South Africa has 41% more police officers per 100,000 capita, the US has 4X more crime than South Africa, the US has 7X more gun crime, and here's one for you: The USA has 28% more rape than South Africa.

In fact the USA is the worlds number 1 for rape, no other country has more rapes annually. It's about 90,000 yearly. (Then another 215,000 people are raped every year in prison, but apparently they don't count.)

Attached: Image compares US cities murder rates to "third world" countries, so you see.. it's pretty much the same.
Attached Thumbnails Fuel at the worlds...-homicide_metro_country-2-web.jpg  

Last edited by Eivind E; 08-19-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:05 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
"Lets keep it at only English speaking countries"
I speak four languages, it wouldn't hurt any American if he actually bothered to learn even one foreign language, it might prove to be something to help him grow as a person. If you're into that..

Some people seem to disregard the rest of the world, and thinks "the world" means only the US. But in fact the US has a lot of places that are way worse than socalled third world countries in Africa, one good example Detroit.

In fact South Africa has 41% more police officers per 100,000 capita, the US has 4X more crime than South Africa, the US has 7X more gun crime, and here's one for you: The USA has 28% more rape than South Africa.

In fact the USA is the worlds number 1 for rape, no other country has more rapes annually. It's about 90,000 yearly. (Then another 215,000 people are raped every year in prison, but apparently they don't count.)

Attached: Image compares US cities murder rates to "third world" countries, so you see.. it's pretty much the same.

That's an awful lot of research and typing for something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.