Fuel at the worlds... >

Fuel at the worlds...

Fuel at the worlds...

Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Fuel at the worlds...

http://www.redrc.net/2014/07/clarifi...ds/#more-83844

Finally the Organizer has got the positive answer, up to this moment, of 4 different brands, Tornado, Runnertime, Merlin Fuel and Maxima willing to collaborate with the event and so that those had become Official Sponsors & fuel suppliers ensuring that every driver coming from anywhere in the world to the event in Messina will have 4 different choices of fuel available for him/her.
lolwut?
Old 07-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Better than a couple of previous onroad worlds where only one fuel was available/allowed and that fuel wasn't very good.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

That doesn't mean you can only run those brands as far as I understand.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Originally Posted by BillyT. View Post
It's not easy for a lot of people to FedEx a case of nitromethane/methanol halfway round the world. It's a HUGE concern traveling to a foreign country, whether or not you'll have fuel available to even race. Even at a lot of regional races here in the States, it can be tricky to find fuel for sale.

That said, a lot of the fuel sponsored drivers will have their own fuel anyways. I would expect Byron's/VP/etc to all have fuel there.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To me it reads like you won't be able to get any fuel through customs whether you have the means to ship it or not. They obviously have some new restrictions coming into play Sept 1 or this post would never have been made. I would assume with some degree of certainty that every driver that is qualified for the worlds has a fuel deal and would have no issue getting their fuel of choice to the venue if not for these new restrictions.

These guys aren't just gonna run some other fuel and be okay with that.

Who knows, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Doesn't look like english is the first language of whomever wrote the article
Old 07-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BillyT. View Post
To me it reads like you won't be able to get any fuel through customs whether you have the means to ship it or not. They obviously have some new restrictions coming into play Sept 1 or this post would never have been made. I would assume with some degree of certainty that every driver that is qualified for the worlds has a fuel deal and would have no issue getting their fuel of choice to the venue if not for these new restrictions.

These guys aren't just gonna run some other fuel and be okay with that.

Who knows, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Doesn't look like english is the first language of whomever wrote the article
Many driver's don't have fuel deals. Off hand, I know of a few ROAR block driver's who don't have fuel deals and are going.

Like I said, a big company like Byron's or VP will have their fuel there. They can figure it out, because they are already selling in the EU. But a smaller company isn't going to be able to do that. And if you don't have a fuel sponsor, you need a solid option to buy fuel, hence the post.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:01 PM
JsK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Generally when someone is the "Official Sponsors & fuel suppliers" it means they
have exclusive rights. At least thats the way I would understand it.

But as someone else mentioned I don't think english is the primary language for
the author.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Anyone going to the worlds that does not have a fuel sponsor is just going for the fun factor anyway. I'm sure they won't have a problem running the fuel on hand.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

that seems fair, seeing as no American has ever ran/tested any of those fuels....
Old 07-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
that seems fair, seeing as no American has ever ran/tested any of those fuels....
Tebo runs Maxima.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

so for the second worlds in a row we seem to be having issues with the venue, gettings parts into the country and fuel.

To be honest why cant ifmar to use locations that are actually up for the task and don't have any issues with stuff like this.

and i mean this in every respect to people This may seem like it offends:
HOLD IT IN A MAINLY ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY!!!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER View Post

Why? You do realize that except for US held Worlds, there are more foreign language speaking racers than english? Native English speakers have won 44 worlds but the that still leaves 63 won by non native English speakers.

Also, I don't have any numbers but I suspect Asia is the largest market these days.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

because there is less problems.......... this is going to be Argentina cabbage event all over again... the worlds is not what it used to be.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

so for the second worlds in a row we seem to be having issues with the venue, gettings parts into the country and fuel.

To be honest why cant ifmar to use locations that are actually up for the task and don't have any issues with stuff like this.

Except that these are European Union regulations that are causing the issues. So even if we held it in any other EU country, it will be an issue.

So the only countries to fit your restrictions, would be US, CAN, AUS, NZ...
Old 07-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Lord

because there is less problems.......... this is going to be Argentina cabbage event all over again... the worlds is not what it used to be.
This facility has hosted a Worlds before, 1/8th onroad and though I wasn't there, everyone I know says it was great. Certainly went a lot better than the next onroad worlds in Homestead, FL.

The fuel is a non issue. Onroad has had to run spec fuel for a while now and except for a couple problems with less than great fuel, it has been fine. That problem is solved by offering several choices instead of just one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.