Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is it with Associated Drama???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This thread is a microcosm of the AE drama.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well that escalated quickly.
My input is be prepared to commit yourself to the buggy. Be it maintenance, because some buggies require regular o-ring change or a-arm shimming, lack of performance because not all buggies work amazingly well on all tracks or cost of ownership. I raced a MBX5 and a MP7.5 'till recently, I was prepared to be slower but parts wear slowly and they were cheap to acquire. Practiced a lot and I'm confident at driving and be very competitive. It doesn't matter which car you choose, get one you like or ask for a test drive and ask questions.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Without even knowing for sure with any factual evidence, Ill stick to my previous comment. The RC8.2 box stock will outshine 95% of the drivers skills in here talking trash. It's best not to slam other manufacturers in a public forum, it makes you look childish and very un-professional.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

taking things too seriously is even worse IMO

this thread is funny for the most part.. is there anyone taking this topic seriously? you shouldn't, even the title is funny! there's no AE drama, we are making it a drama

AE must know what they are doing and most of us don't have the real info about what's going on with their next 1/8 buggy anyway.. no big deal here.. if you want to drive an AE just buy the RC8.2 which is currently available and be done with it
Old 06-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
Without even knowing for sure with any factual evidence, Ill stick to my previous comment. The RC8.2 box stock will outshine 95% of the drivers skills in here talking trash. It's best not to slam other manufacturers in a public forum, it makes you look childish and very un-professional.
But if you're faster with another car, then it's stupid to race the slower one.

My skills are almost a constant. Slowly improving. If another car feels better and gives more consistent results for me, I'm a fool to run anything else.

Even if the car is superior than the driver, whatever that means, results speak better than all the blah, blah, blah in this thread.

Run the car that works best for you. I can beat my teammates (of similar skill level) with MY car. But make me run an Rc8, and I don't stand a chance. Not even close.

So my advice reflects that. As does others. The car is obsolete to me. Doesn't matter if the Ryans are still making the Amain with it, cause I can't, but can with another car.

Get what works for you. And try more than one car as often as possible.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect

My skills are almost a constant. Slowly improving. If another car feels better and gives more consistent results for me, I'm a fool to run anything else.

Even if the car is superior than the driver, whatever that means, results speak better than all the blah, blah, blah in this thread.

Run the car that works best for you. I can beat my teammates (of similar skill level) with MY car. But make me run an Rc8, and I don't stand a chance. Not even close.

So my advice reflects that. As does others. The car is obsolete to me. Doesn't matter if the Ryans are still making the Amain with it, cause I can't, but can with another car.

And dont forget the rusted parts in the box... just this making me crazy as the shit!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zerodefect

+1 on that.
itīs not all about set-up!
i just switched back to mbx7 from the ultra "luxury i canīt wait must have" xb8ī14. was sooo excited about this car, than after 3 gallons on 4 tracks & about 34 set-ups i couldnīt wait to hold my mbx7 in my arms again
AND i am defnitly faster and way more comfortable with the mugen.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Some of you take this stuff way too seriously. There is maybe 40 people in the entire world who make a living racing RC cars. 99.999999999% of us will never be one of them. Go to the tracks and have a good time with your friends and forget about this stupid bullshit. There is so much hatred on this website. This hobby is supposed to be fun and I for one always have a good time whether I podium or come in last place. Remember why you bought your first RC car and then continue to remember it every time you go play with it and before you type stupid nonsense on RC tech
Old 06-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gt racing
+1 on that.
itīs not all about set-up!
i just switched back to mbx7 from the ultra "luxury i canīt wait must have" xb8ī14. was sooo excited about this car, than after 3 gallons on 4 tracks & about 34 set-ups i couldnīt wait to hold my mbx7 in my arms again
AND i am defnitly faster and way more comfortable with the mugen.
I eard from some insiders that Xray is taking the 2015 buggy to the next level of luxury....

We all want ultra luxury leather covered wing, premium suede covered fuel tank, carbon inserts here and there... smoother ride and more...

You should stick to Xray..
Old 06-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Xchange
I eard from some insiders that Xray is taking the 2015 buggy to the next level of luxury....

We all want ultra luxury leather covered wing, premium suede covered fuel tank, carbon inserts here and there... smoother ride and more...

You should stick to Xray..
...and i could swear i would be even faster with my beloved and missed mbx6r from.... aaahhh was it 2011??

national & club racer like me donīt need an extra ultra steering ankle and 80% weight on the front axle or ultra short a-arms bu+lsh#t.
we need a stable car that forgives almost everything and i need just 2 million set-up oppurtunities (is that correct english?!) instead of 10 million, end of my story.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Weird, I ditched Mugen and went back to Xray. The complete opposite of your experience.

Cause...........

It's "optimized".

You could have dialed a lot of stability into the car if you wanted. Like you mentioned, my Mugen really didn't change much no matter what I did. I like my 10 million adjustments.

But you got to rock what works for you. Noone that's winning with the olde stonehenge versions of the AE buggy are getting butthurt over treads like this. Just the B main guys.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have to say the followong statment: having an AE car sound a lit like having an STD...... Embaracing....
Old 06-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Last 2 posts..this is what drugs do to you