Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
need tips for the mbx7 buggy >

need tips for the mbx7 buggy

need tips for the mbx7 buggy

Old 06-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default need tips for the mbx7 buggy

Hi guys, Im new working in the mbx7, I hear a lot of people saying that it is an inestable car in the rear because is more short than the mbx6. Other pleople said that they fix this problem with the mbx6 rear parts. I buy 2 mbx6 rear arms to use in my mbx7 and the mbx6 are more large like a 1/4", I install it, the rear drive shaft are the same, but I see it short whith the mbx6 arms, when I move the arms all down or up the shaft comes out, the out drives are the same in both models, so now I dont know what to do to resolve my problem, any body do the same and fix the problem?
Old 06-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ninzx7 View Post
Hi guys, Im new working in the mbx7, I hear a lot of people saying that it is an inestable car in the rear because is more short than the mbx6. Other pleople said that they fix this problem with the mbx6 rear parts. I buy 2 mbx6 rear arms to use in my mbx7 and the mbx6 are more large like a 1/4", I install it, the rear drive shaft are the same, but I see it short whith the mbx6 arms, when I move the arms all down or up the shaft comes out, the out drives are the same in both models, so now I dont know what to do to resolve my problem, any body do the same and fix the problem?
Have you even driven the Buggy yet? My MBX7 is very stable. Sway bar change and wheelbase is what I have found to what works for me.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Have you even tried the car with the original arms?
I don't know what's wrong with it. If you ever tried a Losi, Serpent etc you'll see that they have even more steering than the mbx7.

Yes, the mbx7 has more steering than the mbx6, but it's not uncontrollable or unstable. If you let a Serpent driver the Mugen, they'll say that it's very stable car.

If you want to use mbx6 arms you needs the mbx6 or mbx7T hingepin mounts.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kaotic Racer View Post
Have you even driven the Buggy yet? My MBX7 is very stable. Sway bar change and wheelbase is what I have found to what works for me.
Really I never run it, it was my fault start to change things before use it. What sway bar size you use? I hear about change the sway bar and add some weight in the back but dont know.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check in the mbx7 thread in this section and the last 4 pages give detailed instructions on 6 arms on the 7. I personally don't think it needs to be done but may try it for curiosity sake. You really shouldn't need to buy anything to be competitive with the car though. At the very least start with the stock setup and work from there. Then if you rule that out you should buy parts but you should be able to get the car to your liking without more parts.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I talked to a guy that tried teh 6 arms on his 7eco and he hated it, it locked the car in to much. The 7 is very stable and fast through the corners. You can set it up from mild to wild and every where in between.
in the time being drop the Front sway bar to a 2.3 and rear sway to a 2.7 and raise the link on the tower or lengthen the link on the hub. Increase rear to to dot on the lower outside and go drive the car. It doesn't need a lot of different parts to make work. I only changed the springs, pistons, and sway bars to suit my driving style.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beidle99 View Post
I talked to a guy that tried teh 6 arms on his 7eco and he hated it, it locked the car in to much. The 7 is very stable and fast through the corners. You can set it up from mild to wild and every where in between.
in the time being drop the Front sway bar to a 2.3 and rear sway to a 2.7 and raise the link on the tower or lengthen the link on the hub. Increase rear to to dot on the lower outside and go drive the car. It doesn't need a lot of different parts to make work. I only changed the springs, pistons, and sway bars to suit my driving style.
I did all this same stuff. No need for the 6 arms because we aren't pros. Just do the stuff biedle said and go try it. I dropped my diffs down to 5-5-3 because of the track I run on
Old 06-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickdawg18 View Post
I did all this same stuff. No need for the 6 arms because we aren't pros. Just do the stuff biedle said and go try it. I dropped my diffs down to 5-5-3 because of the track I run on
The top drivers here laugh at the 6 change people talk about, waste of money, my 7 is dialed.

Get out there and drive it and stop worrying about, i think lot of people need to concentrate more on there driving, than trying to blame the car.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger View Post
The top drivers here laugh at the 6 change people talk about, waste of money, my 7 is dialed.

Get out there and drive it and stop worrying about, i think lot of people need to concentrate more on there driving, than trying to blame the car.
Bingo,drive it work on your setup.it took me a month of tryin different changes to find wut works for me.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Exactly. I love my 7. I don't get how people will blame the car instead of how it's setup. It takes time to get it right.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sometimes i read posts like this and wonder if people forget that there is about a thousand variables that can be changed on these cars to change the way they work for you, And that there is no "set up" or right or wrong... everyone likes something different

Generally when people drive my car the way i have it set up they feel the rear is a bit loose but personally its how i like the car to feel

As if a company like Mugen went from the 6 to the 7 and made it a less desirable car in the process

Dave
Old 06-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
Sometimes i read posts like this and wonder if people forget that there is about a thousand variables that can be changed on these cars to change the way they work for you, And that there is no "set up" or right or wrong... everyone likes something different

Generally when people drive my car the way i have it set up they feel the rear is a bit loose but personally its how i like the car to feel

As if a company like Mugen went from the 6 to the 7 and made it a less desirable car in the process

Dave
Very true Dave, I have driven your car, didnt suit my driving style and from memory you found the same with my setup.