Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What is it with Associated Drama??? >

What is it with Associated Drama???

What is it with Associated Drama???

Old 05-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Exclamation What is it with Associated Drama???

Hey guys!! I am in the market for a new 1/8 nitro buggy for racing, I have always used Team Associated for all my 1/10 kits and I would love to support AE with my 1/8 nitro racing. But everyone says they are behind in everything...for example everyone says they don't match the "MP9 TKI 3,MBX7 and TLR 8ight 3.0). And now with the so called "Prototype"....It's like people that want to run AE don't know what to do?? wait for the new one or get the RC8.2 Nitro kit?? I need help choosing a kit! I would love to run the RC8.2 Nitro but if there is something better then please tell me. The other kit I was looking at and like a lot was the Mugen Siki MBX7 nitro.But please if anyone has any advice over any of the 2 please tell me so I can make a better overall decision! Thanks.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

What DRAMA? You mean drama from the forums
Old 05-31-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mayfield just put the 8.2 on the podium at the Lone Star Nitro challenge. I think it is still more than capable. And when have you seen anyone dominate club racing because of the chassis they run?
Old 05-31-2014, 10:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Looks like he's just wanting the most current AE product. If there is a new buggy dropping soon I wouldn't want to buy a chassis only to have it be obsolete within a month or 2.

IMO the 7 is just a more advanced car.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

I'm an AE person, but MBX7 in a heartbeat. Absolutely no question.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

AE is alright. At the end of the day there are way better options for you. In no paticular order...

Tekno.
Losi.
Mugen.
Kyosho.

Take your pic. I for one love the Tekno kit nitro or elec. Great quality, great support.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nothing wrong with the current AE kit, noboy just seems to know what the deal is with the latest car. Since youre new to the whole Nitro 1/8 class, I'd suggest you run what you can get supported at the track with the best. Not just parts support but setup and tuning as well.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

And that's precisely where having an RC8.2 becomes farcical.. Stock the car is known for having too much steering and a squirelly rear end. Ask ten guys for set-up tips, and get 12 different answers.. And god forbid you go to the 8.2 thread here. Between Avid, Kyosho, M2C, Hot Bodies, and god knows what else parts, it's a neverending labyrynth trying to figure out what's what..

Then there's the next model uncertainty.

Furthermore, another reason I wish I had Mugen is that from what I've seen Mugen retains its value best. IF you do get to a point where you want/have to sell, you can recoup more with a Mugen. An AE you pretty much have to give away....
Old 05-31-2014, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
And that's precisely where having an RC8.2 becomes farcical.. Stock the car is known for having too much steering and a squirelly rear end. Ask ten guys for set-up tips, and get 12 different answers.. And god forbid you go to the 8.2 thread here. Between Avid, Kyosho, M2C, Hot Bodies, and god knows what else parts, it's a neverending labyrynth trying to figure out what's what..

Furthermore, another reason I wish I had Mugen is that from what I've seen Mugen retains its value best. IF you do get to a point where you want/have to sell, you can recoup more with a Mugen. An AE you pretty much have to give away....
No you're definitely wrong.....you have to pay someone to take it off your hands
Old 06-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Herrsavage chill....You don't even race I highly doubt you yourself could setup a car to your style of driving no matter what brand it was. Most what you say comes from what you read on internet. You always going to get ton of different answers on setup no matter the brand it is. Go read other threads people complain about Mugen too and there trying aftermarket parts and other brands parts too.

I don't understand why you bother to own AE product since you trash them so much. Sell, trade or give away who cares and move on to another brand
Old 06-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

The issue in my eyes is exactly what youve said...."everyones says". Some people on the forums believe whatever they read as completley correct, instead of going out and making an opinion for themselves. The entire issue isnt neccesarilly the handling of the car, more that some people didnt initially take the time to really work on the setup a bit and get it as close as possible. Alternatively, people jumped to option parts to solve their issues. When newer drivers (or even guys that just didnt have the time to test) saw this happening they of course thought they needed all those shiny items....and the problem propagated.

Before anyone shoots me down on the handling part...to be honest when I started running this car I was pretty well prepared for it to downright suck. At first I was right. However, as I began tuning more and actually taking off some of the 'needed' parts I was able to get right back up to pace. I still have some speed to get out of it, but this is the same situation everyone has with a new car
Old 06-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post

Lmao lol...
Old 06-01-2014, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

why buy an unfinished car when you can buy a Hotbodies D812 and it's the mutts nuts right out of the box..?
Old 06-01-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

I do race - truggy.. And the RC8T is just fine out of the box.. No Frankentricks required.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcboy1 View Post
The issue in my eyes is exactly what youve said...."everyones says". Some people on the forums believe whatever they read as completley correct, instead of going out and making an opinion for themselves. The entire issue isnt neccesarilly the handling of the car, more that some people didnt initially take the time to really work on the setup a bit and get it as close as possible. Alternatively, people jumped to option parts to solve their issues. When newer drivers (or even guys that just didnt have the time to test) saw this happening they of course thought they needed all those shiny items....and the problem propagated.

Before anyone shoots me down on the handling part...to be honest when I started running this car I was pretty well prepared for it to downright suck. At first I was right. However, as I began tuning more and actually taking off some of the 'needed' parts I was able to get right back up to pace. I still have some speed to get out of it, but this is the same situation everyone has with a new car
this is excatly wut i say to the guys who ask y im stickin with my mbx7,its a great buggy you just have to put in the time to get it where u like.
There is no one buggy that is awesome to everyone (meaning everyone agrees that out the box its great, u no zero complaints),u have to put in the time and effort to make it awesome.
just my 2 cents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.