Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ya, i wanted to put some 777 SP2 shocks on mine a while back, but i realized they were the wrong length, and the X1 shocks are the best on the market!
Old 01-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the medium red is still the best spring for x1cr. chad using mugen grey because it suited to his driving style. taylor and almost everyone found the red to be just right for everywhere. almost 90% on podium finish using medium red spring.

so it all depends on driving style..as ChadB indicated for himself. i use softer blue spring. we got the "bumpiest" track ever...
Old 01-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Who cares if they are threaded!!! Threaded shocks are a pain in the butt, I prefer unthreaded just because it is easier to adjust them with the exact same preload without needing to measure them every time.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

u got point there....mate... but u have 2 bring a few preloads to tune for everchanging track condition. what happen if the right setup is half of the height of yer preload? then i guess u just use 2 preloads then... or cut it half, right? while others using threaded shock..just turn. and in offroad, preload can & will pop out...and it will pop out on the left only or right only..then u have an unbalance shock setup... while threaded shock will stay the same.

oh well, u got unthreaded shock and u happy.. so why change, right.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Who cares if they are threaded!!! Threaded shocks are a pain in the butt, I prefer unthreaded just because it is easier to adjust them with the exact same preload without needing to measure them every time.
get outta here if your going to bash threaded shocks. listen to what JFC said, you have to carry around so many preload spacers, and even then you will not always have the exact preload you want without cutting them. they don't gurantee a preload hold because the spacers could pop out too. and if someone thinks measuring them is a pain, try using allen wrenches or simply pull out your handy ruler. twist and go! i know, Mugen and Kyosho both use non-threaded shocks, but they don't know what they're missing!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Season Greetings

Greetings and compliments of the season and a happy new year. May 2007 bring you guys lots of success and lots of RC racing.

I have been doing some testing and maintenance on my cars. Also decided to race withe the Go21 engine. I am now running the Go21 7port in my buggy and truggy. I must say my truggy has never looked this good since I bought it. This engine with a JP1 pipe 13T CB and I give the Mugen truggy with C6 a run for his money. I have a 250ml tank in my truggy and get easily 14+ min on a tank.
I have been trying some different setups. Our tarck is very bumpy, rutted and loose. A very chalanging track.
I used to run 5-7-2 diffs. I have tried 5-5-2 and the buggy feels very loose and on its own mission. I mean it seems you have to really drive with more concentration. I prefer 7-7-2. It seems much better on power in the turns and also the 7 centre gives you that control. I noticed the thicker you go in the centre the more control you have of your buggy. ie wrt acceleration and braking.
Also a good tip. HN released the shock spring socks. I have been using it and its definitely a must to jammin riders. It keeps the shocks and springs free from dust and dirt and more consistent throughout the race.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Greetings and compliments of the season and a happy new year. May 2007 bring you guys lots of success and lots of RC racing.

I have been doing some testing and maintenance on my cars. Also decided to race withe the Go21 engine. I am now running the Go21 7port in my buggy and truggy. I must say my truggy has never looked this good since I bought it. This engine with a JP1 pipe 13T CB and I give the Mugen truggy with C6 a run for his money. I have a 250ml tank in my truggy and get easily 14+ min on a tank.
I have been trying some different setups. Our tarck is very bumpy, rutted and loose. A very chalanging track.
I used to run 5-7-2 diffs. I have tried 5-5-2 and the buggy feels very loose and on its own mission. I mean it seems you have to really drive with more concentration. I prefer 7-7-2. It seems much better on power in the turns and also the 7 centre gives you that control. I noticed the thicker you go in the centre the more control you have of your buggy. ie wrt acceleration and braking.
Also a good tip. HN released the shock spring socks. I have been using it and its definitely a must to jammin riders. It keeps the shocks and springs free from dust and dirt and more consistent throughout the race.
i agree on the 7K in the centre... whenever i use less in the buggy, it just too loose, it goes here and there..oversteering. unmanageable for my style of driving.

what do u mean the HN shock spring socks??? is it new? any picture?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Greetings jfc_tech

Here is some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-photo-0039.jpg  
Old 01-08-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Champion

thanks jerseyman...

i totally unaware of this... hong nor products??? interesting.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

ya, i've been meaning to get some of those shock socks for all of my RCs for a while. the shocks boots help, but when dirt does get inside them, it's trapped so it is actually harder to get out! if the dirt cant get in all together, thats much better.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy

thanks for the tip man. im new to buggy. i installed 5-5-2 oil after experienced racers told me to do so, but if i find it is still loose i will give a go with 5-7-2
Old 01-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the tip man. im new to buggy. i installed 5-5-2 oil after experienced racers told me to do so, but if i find it is still loose i will give a go with 5-7-2
Another tip TomB.
To get 7k mix 5k and 10k 50-50
To get 2K mix 1K and 3K 50-50
Old 01-08-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.gesilicones.com/gesilwiza...l?SMSESSION=NO)
use this to determine the correct ratio of diff oils. very helpful.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
get outta here if your going to bash threaded shocks. listen to what JFC said, you have to carry around so many preload spacers, and even then you will not always have the exact preload you want without cutting them. they don't gurantee a preload hold because the spacers could pop out too. and if someone thinks measuring them is a pain, try using allen wrenches or simply pull out your handy ruler. twist and go! i know, Mugen and Kyosho both use non-threaded shocks, but they don't know what they're missing!
I currently own a FT jammin and was just speaking my opinion on the matter. I have never had a spacer pop out and how hard is it to carry extra preload spacers in the pit box anyway? Or do you just grab your buggy, controller, and starter box strap them to your BMX and pedal to the local track. As far as Kyosho and Mugen not knowing what thier missing, I can only tell you what they are not missing and that would be vacant space in thier trophy cases from all the World and National championship trophies.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

I currently own a FT jammin and was just speaking my opinion on the matter. I have never had a spacer pop out and how hard is it to carry extra preload spacers in the pit box anyway? Or do you just grab your buggy, controller, and starter box strap them to your BMX and pedal to the local track. As far as Kyosho and Mugen not knowing what thier missing, I can only tell you what they are not missing and that would be vacant space in thier trophy cases from all the World and National championship trophies.
i know what you mean, i spoke out a little aggressively. all i am trying to say is that i guess we all have our preferences when it comes to such things. you prefer the ease of snapping on a preload spacer (that might not be exactly the measurement you need) at the cost of having to carry them around in your pit box, while i view threaded shocks as being more convenient and precise.

i believe Mugen and Kyosho still use non-threaded shocks because they don't want to mess with what they have used to win world titles. however, as AE did with the GT2, Mugen/Kyosho need to step outside of the box soon and realize the potential gains by using threaded shocks.

with that being said, this case is closed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.