Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX? >

8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
i was told that the cs-170 was a rebadged 7955tg,Same specs and same internals.I also have 2 hitec 7955tg's(newer g2 style) and so far perform very well,i have not tried lipo's on it yet,but i don't run nitro anymore so i don't have to worry about that.
Rebadged 5955's NOT 7955's.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Thanks for the info man,i guess it is not that bad because it is in my jammin scrt-10 so it's not like the truck is gonna kill the servo.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the info man,i guess it is not that bad because it is in my jammin scrt-10 so it's not like the truck is gonna kill the servo.
The 5955 was/is an awesome servo. I still run one or two of them myself in various different vehicles. They can take a beating. Basically the same as a 7955 anyway.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
The 5955 was/is an awesome servo. I still run one or two of them myself in various different vehicles. They can take a beating. Basically the same as a 7955 anyway.
so then hobbico still sells the cs-170.But hitec discontinued the 5955,now that's weird
Old 09-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

so then hobbico still sells the cs-170.But hitec discontinued the 5955,now that's weird
Like I said, the 7955 replaced the 5955. That's why hitec no longer sells it.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Like I said, the 7955 replaced the 5955. That's why hitec no longer sells it.
I know what you mean but i was saying that hobbico still sells the 5955tg just rebadged as the cs-170.And yes i love the 7955tg's.Did you know hobbyking sells them for 90 bucks.I will post the link here once i get to it.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...kg/65g/0.19sec
Old 09-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the replies!

Seems like i'll be buying a Hitec because there is only one shop in Poland that has Savox. Also the customer service provided by Hitec which you mentioned is worth spending extra money i think.

What would you chose from these two servos?
Hitec HS-7954SH - officialy () 7.4V approved
Hitec HS-7955TG - same specs as 7954 + titanium gears

Is it worth to spend more money and have titanium gears?
Also, what if the 7955 will burn when using 7.4V LiPo? I loose the warranty i assume?

Also maybe you know if i have warranty in Europe (Poland) if the servo will be bought in USA? Thats a really important question because the Hitec 7955 costs the same money in USA (the one from the link above) as Savox in Poland.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donat

Seems like i'll be buying a Hitec because there is only one shop in Poland that has Savox. Also the customer service provided by Hitec which you mentioned is worth spending extra money i think.

Also, what if the 7955 will burn when using 7.4V LiPo? I loose the warranty i assume?

Also maybe you know if i have warranty in Europe (Poland) if the servo will be bought in USA? Thats a really important question because the Hitec 7955 costs the same money in USA (the one from the link above) as Savox in Poland.
7955 is worth the extra money IMO Ti gears are alot better and the 7955 can handle 7.4V,
Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Get the 7955. The 7954 is simply a 7955 downgraded with steel gears. It is worth the money to get the Ti gears. 7955 can handle 7.4 just fine.

I'm not sure about the warranty. You would probably have to send it back to Hitec in the states should you have an issue.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

At the last race i've killed my Airtronics 94357 servo (0.07s and 125oz/inch) which i used on the throttle/brake on my 8T1.0. It was working fine for 3 gallons. The gears are ok but electronics are not. If i move the horn when applying throttle/brake it will move but once i let it stop it won't move again (i have to move the horn again). Do you have any ideas what the reason could be? Can i fix it somehow?

I've found a nice servo for a really good price and have a few questions.
It's Savox SC-1256TG

1. Is it a good servo?
2. I have an Airtronics MX3FHSS radio and i've heard that not every servo works properly with it. Do you know if this Savox will work?
3. Do you have any other suggestions on choosing a servo (Hitec HV is a little bit too expensive)?

I also have a digital Airtronics 94773m on the steering (0.12s and 195oz/inch). The question is if i should put it on the throttle/brake and the Savox on steering or the other way around?
Myself, like Frank, fell for the JR HV servos (they are the best looking servos on the market still).

I now have a buch of hitecs and have had a few issues with them so far. I have popped 2 in the 2 months that I have had them, one was a motor failure and the other happened yesterday in the main and was a gear. (dont give me a linkage or EPA lecture either)

The most important part of any electronics to me is their warranty and customer service. All servos are going to pop eventually especially in 1/8 off road, but who is going to replace the servo is the real issue.

I sent back the first hitec for motor repairs, havent got it back yet but I hear they are good for the most part on repairs, not too worried. I will stick with them as long as they keep repairing my servos.

I too was very skeptical of Savox servos and how long they would last and where they are cutting corners to save money. But seriously, these have to be the MOST durable servos I have seen.

These servos have been stocked for months at my LHS and they have been pouring off the walls, being sold to racers and bashers and we still have not seen one break yet. I would hands down purchase one of these servos no doubt. I wouldn't even bother spending any more money on a Hitec or whatever you were planning on doing. Just save the moeny buy the savox, they are a great product and its nice to see such a quality product at such a low price.

And trust me, it took me a VERY long time to be able to say something like that. Every servo I purchase from here out will be a Savox, there is no reason not to.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help!

...but actually... You don't make my choice easier! Now i don't know what to buy. Seems like both Hitec and Savox are very good brands and it doesn't matter which one i will get (same as buggy or truggy choice ). The advantage of Hitec is that it can be powered by LiPo. But i don't think i will be changing my radio (which is not capable to handle 7.4V) any time soon.

I will ask my friend who runs Savox what is the customer support here in Poland and then i will decide.

Again, Thank you very much for your input!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the help!

...but actually... You don't make my choice easier! Now i don't know what to buy. Seems like both Hitec and Savox are very good brands and it doesn't matter which one i will get (same as buggy or truggy choice ). The advantage of Hitec is that it can be powered by LiPo. But i don't think i will be changing my radio (which is not capable to handle 7.4V) any time soon.

I will ask my friend who runs Savox what is the customer support here in Poland and then i will decide.

most of the Savox servos can handle 7.4 volts.... also if you have the M11X radio, some of the receivers are able to handle direct high voltage. i ran someones a couple of months back with a M11x.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the help!

Put it this way, if I had to buy all my servos over again. After using JR, Futaba and Hitec over the years I would switch to Savox. Some of their servos also take lipo, especially the ones you are looking at.

I just can't find a single thing wrong, I already started buying them for my indoor cars. I believe in spending the extra money up front can save you money in the long wrong, in this case it's not true. Savox are a true quality product at an affordable price. And there stats are insane, this is coming from a Hitec fan boi.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
most of the Savox servos can handle 7.4 volts....
So it's the same situation as with Hitec 7955? There is no info about HV but it can handle it?

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
also if you have the M11X radio, some of the receivers are able to handle direct high voltage. i ran someones a couple of months back with a M11x.
I have MX3fhss - according to the manual it can't handle a direct LiPo. And i'm afraid i can't switch the reciever to the newer generation and keep the old transmitter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.