Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who needs a Shop and Track the most?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

louisvlle,Ky my friend. 16th Largest city we boast some of the best standard of living in the country. Low crime..good mid-western values and definitely a huge Rc scene. I've been involved with some parking lot racing for years and one dirt track out doors with hit and miss turn outs. Most people like to travel 2 hrs to other facilities in Indiana..but if we have an indoor track with proper mgmt it could seriously take off around here. Huge Rc followng here just no one to step and build something worth while!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitronutzzz
louisvlle,Ky my friend. 16th Largest city we boast some of the best standard of living in the country. Low crime..good mid-western values and definitely a huge Rc scene. I've been involved with some parking lot racing for years and one dirt track out doors with hit and miss turn outs. Most people like to travel 2 hrs to other facilities in Indiana..but if we have an indoor track with proper mgmt it could seriously take off around here. Huge Rc followng here just no one to step and build something worth while!
Ya'll sound funny though :-)
Old 09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCmayor
Ya'll sound funny though :-)
Coming from kansas I wouldn't make fun of anyone..just my 2 cents..isn't it time to go feed ur cows anyways?
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Keep it coming

Thanks guys. Info is great. I am not some rich guy but would not say I am a dreamer either. I run a successful business where I am at now and I am looking for a change. Yes it is my dream but I do know what is needed to do it right. Like someone said already, gotta start somewhere.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitronutzzz
Coming from kansas I wouldn't make fun of anyone..just my 2 cents..isn't it time to go feed ur cows anyways?
Getting ready to eat a cow, I am 10 minutes from Missouri, does that still count as a Kansan?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCmayor
Getting ready to eat a cow, I am 10 minutes from Missouri, does that still count as a Kansan?
Well I am 5 mins from Indiana and it damn sure doesnt make me a hoosier.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Socal does have a big RC community, but I wouldn't say there's a lot of tracks. OCRC, which is pretty far from me. WC, which is temporarily closed. And Revelations, which is the closest to me. All the tracks get crowded and people drive for hours in socal traffic to get there! Traffic sucks! There's a couple of more tracks, but they're pretty far out there.
I'd say socal could definitely use more tracks, and big ones at that. I see videos of tracks in other states that are just HUGE making the socal tracks feel like 1/10 tracks. If you haven't thrown out socal as an option yet, reconsider. The community is big, but spread out and traffic makes travel take much longer than it would in other areas, so more tracks around would make it easier for many hobbiests and better cater to the local clientel.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default CALI

It's not that I wouldn't love to make a move to SoCal but the cost of living is so high. I know I can get alot more bang for the buck somewhere else. A large facility in Cali with land and shop, especially an indoor track, your looking at a multi million dollar deal. I'm pretty sure if I decide to leave my business here and try to start somewhere else I will be heading east of AZ.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Texarkana TX-AR is the PLACE no track what so ever Land is chep to buy in town and it has a TON of people with nothing to do i live 1 1/2 hours away for Texarkana and it is a GROWING town people moving in all the time.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Just Google Texarkana and you will se what i am talking about.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Stay out of Louisiana. We have so many tracks it's hard to get a race together!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Do you plan on keeping it consistant and calling it Faucet Doctor Hobbies?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

U r silly pee wee !!!

Portland area definitely looking for investors to help with a troubled track situation .
Old 10-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Eugene or Springfield Oregon! We have no indoor tracks and it rains all winter.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ever consider Colorado, in particular Colorado Springs? There are alot of racers. There are no real hobby shops here that cater to racers, most of us have to drive to Denver or order online to get parts. There are two hobbytown's, but they cater to bashers and peeps that like traxxas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.