Who needs a Shop and Track the most?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who needs a Shop and Track the most?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Who needs a Shop and Track the most?

Just looking for some input here. I have always wanted to open a hobby shop and track. This may or may not be the time but I am at least looking for a possible location. I currently live in AZ and there are several prominate tracks and hobby shops here. So I feel it would not be a great area. I know that Southern Cali. has a hot racing scene but also a ton of tracks. Again, not the best for a new business. So what I am looking for is some input from racers, bashers, crawlers, or whoever from around the country to see what the scene is like in your area. I am looking for an area with an existing market(group of racers/customers), that does not already have a facility satisfying this market. Ideally this area would also have a fairly large population of middle class to wealthy people who would be possible new racers and have the money to support the hobby. So throw something out there if you think you know of the spot I am looking for. PM me if you like. Thanks for any input.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i have researched this in detail...

how much do you have to invest into a track/shop?

My area needs something like this and is in area as you have mentioned. The thing is can you afford what it would take to get it built in area like this?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Delaware has the highest standard of living thanks to our easy taxes and we only have one track and a hobby shop like 15 minutes away from it but i hate having to go there because his prices kill you. He makes horizon hobby's prices look cheap and all the other tracks in pa and maryland that we could drive to are a minimum of a hour and a half away and we have pro drivers such as jeff cuffs larry fairtrace jason schreffs paul lemieux josh cyrul and i was told trinity's hq is in jersey but im not sure of that
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default thanks

Thanks guys. I may have to try to get up to the north east as I have never been there before and check it out.

ABURTON you have PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ever think about up here in the north central u.s.? land up here is SUPPER cheap, and there's alot of money running here also.....in about a 40 mile radius...there's about 65,000 people....
Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Middle Georgia would be a good place. Where I live right now, the closest hobby shop is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from me. The closest track is about 1 hour and 15 minutes from me. There are alot of guys here that race. Of my friends there are about 20, and there are alot more I just don't know them.

Land is fairly cheap, and Georgia has a low cost of living. And Georgians are into anything racing, LOL
Old 09-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Minneapolis/St. Paul has a thriving outdoor nitro and indoor carpet racing scene. What we don't have is an indoor off-road facility in the metro area. PLEASE HELP!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Maybe this is what we have been waiting for. I know Alan has put a lot of time and effort into developing a "worlds" capable facility including more than just a racetrack
Goodluck alan remember anything I can do to help just let me know I would LOVE to see this happen to help promote our hobby

Originally Posted by ABURTON
i have researched this in detail...

how much do you have to invest into a track/shop?

My area needs something like this and is in area as you have mentioned. The thing is can you afford what it would take to get it built in area like this?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if anybody made an indoor on/off road nitro/electric facility in socal it would salughter every track in here.

imagine how many people would flock to a nice climate controlled track when its over 100 outside, or raining etc...
Old 09-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Are you some rich benifactor or just teasing us with your dreams?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seattle would be a great place to start a hobby store/track, would have to be indoor tho.
There are no 'official' off road tracks in Seattle, u'd have to drive either 1 hour north, south or east from seattle to find a track.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Iowa needs one right in the middle of the state. Indoor and outdoor track would be nice.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Dream on, man, that's how it all starts.
That's exactly where we were with my buddy a little over 2 years ago. A whole lot of work and 2 years down the line we have exactly what you're talking about, a track and an onsite hobby shop. You have to start somewhere, might as well be a dream.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:01 PM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Central MS is a bit busy.

6+ 1:8 dirt oval tracks within 3 hrs.

And in Jackson, MS alone there's:
1 indoor onroad carpet track (sometimes oval)
1 outdoor 1:10 offroad track
1 outdoor 1:8 offroad track
1 outdoor 1:8 oval track
1 hobby town usa
1 independent hobby shop

This must be what Heaven's like.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
Minneapolis/St. Paul has a thriving outdoor nitro and indoor carpet racing scene. What we don't have is an indoor off-road facility in the metro area. PLEASE HELP!
The metro area of the twin cities is definitely in need of a track best case scenario would be a indoor electric track to keep business through the winter. And a 1/8th scale outdoor track.There's allready a bunch of guys running on a tiny indoor offroad track through the winter only problem is it's carpet and plywood lol. I'm sure most of those would convert . Also I see potential for a 1/8th scale outdoor track as the closest one to the metro is about an hour drive and all the rest are 2 plus hours. And most of them are private tracks or you can only run on Saturday etc.

I've actually been contemplating this myself as it really is needed and wanted by many and if you look at other business ventures it's not at all really a big investment as long as you just start out with the tracks and maybe a pro shop rather than a full blown hobby shop which would come with time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.