Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't buy MP9

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

This thread is quite useless....Why is it allowed to go on? Eveyone needs to move on with their lives and go race...whatever brand they like....
Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
And nothing to do with the fact you drive a Kyosho?????, I am not bashing anything, the guy can say what he wants!
+1....THe guy is just pissed he spent the cash for a high dollar kit and to have it break(some what often?)
My MBX5R breaks the lower arms not easily but it is the main part that breaks...Simple fix, I bought a lot of lower arms!!!!!!!!!!! All my fault!!
Kyosho will address any issues im sure,just takes time.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dale14
Actually guys I have asked the admin to remove this thread as I realise it was wrong to say what I did and I apologise to Kyosho and all you K lovers out there.
Understood but why have you not expressed your concerns over in the MP9 thread in the first place?

Contrary to your initial thoughts/experiences 99% of MP9 owners who ran their fair share of buggies (myself included) can attest that their 9 are by far the strongest buggies out there period. I have yet to see any buggy to date that can match the strength, quality, performance and out-of-box features that's currently offered on the new Inferno.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

In reading this thread the thing I will take away from it is...

HairyMuffin's screen name LOL!

I personally like my muffin not so hairy but to each his own.

As far as the MP9 goes. The fact of the matter is that cars break regardless of price. if you do something dumb it matters not what logo is on the car they are all suspect.

I would say that 9 out of 10 times I break it is usually doing something I shouldn't. With that said all new kits have a few tweaks that are needed. I've been running my MP9 since early October of last year and have broken I think 3 times. The car is reliable and durable and to say otherwise wouldn't be a fair statement.

I ran a Losi for a year and had all sorts of issues. When I went to the Kyosho (WC Edition) I had very little issues. Does it mean that the Losi was crap. No I just had some bad luck with it. Point is the Losi car is just fine yeah it has its issues but so does every rig. For me it just didn't work out. I could try it again now and it could be totally different. If you race long enough you'll find that every car you own has little things that you'll do to bulletproof things and so on.

Now that I've race for a while there is one thing that I'm certain is also true. The more you race the less breakage you'll have. You'd think it would be the opposite but the more you race and get better the less you will break as you manage the car better on the track.

When I first started racing you could have given me a tank with a force field around it and I'd find that hay bail or some other obstacle and break it. Just goes with the territory.

Anyway sorry you had the troubles you did but don't let that turn you off to Kyosho as they are one of the more respected companies. Nonetheless I feel your pain. You probably wrote that outta sheer frustration. Happens to everyone.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Yeah Karma may be cool, but calling someone a "knob" on these forums isn't. I have seen the guy you are calling a knob and to be fair he can get a little over-wound at the races, but who races these seriously that doesn't? These are toys and they are fun but when you put a lot of work and time into anything you want it to do well. There are a lot of times I leave the driver's stand pissed and I feel like I control it, publicly, pretty well. Now I may show my feelings to my friends (Speedski and RG 24) but I can get wound up. My name is Mike and and I am a KoyToy driver and my nickname is Mr. sensitive. Keep your words sweet you may have to eat them, and show some level of class by dropping the name calling. We will all see and need each other at the track.

Last edited by mracer; 02-26-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

IMO, your better off letting people buy something else. When they have a problem with the other brand, let them start another thread and complain there. I have personally dealt with AE, Losi, Mugen, Ofna, & Kyosho and everyone of these cars had issues. IMO, the AE had the worse and still has some since day one. Its was easy for AE to hand out service parts when it cost pennies to the dollar for chinese made parts. Same for Losi. Low cost of production means more profit and more money to pay drivers and offer customer service pack repairs for the cheap material mistakes. Remember, AE is owned by Thunder Tiger now. I'm pretty sure no one ran a TTR till the RC8 came out.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mracer
And IMO this is another thread where RC tech has fell on its face. I know we are supposed to be able to get on here and discuss RC stuff, but come on. Does anyone watch this stuff?

I don't think you realize this, but us mods are very little in numbers compared to the members and threads that are being produced every minute. Let's be realistic here. The ratio between mods and threads are a little overwhelming. I only found out about this thread because i received a PM. Otherwise, i would never have known about it....plus..i hardly ever go on this section anyway.
We don't sit here and all have 1000 monitors each in front of us to view every thread every hour every day. Most of us, like forum members(like you) have one computer/monitor and view threads of our interest, some more than others. We do NOT see everything, and we rely on the cooperation of it's members to let us know if we don't spot it ourselves. So if you are trying to get RCTECH's attention, you got mine. I don't get paid to mod here, i have my own site/forum where i have to watch over as well. Showing your concerns is fine, but also remember, there are bigger things that can or need to be addressed, and, although we would love to bring out our firetrucks, i think sometimes just a small bucket of water is needed to put out a trash can fire.

Thankyou.
Charlie B
CFXPAINTWORKS.COM
RCTECH SUPER MOD
Nice Guy.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
I don't think you realize this, but us mods are very little in numbers compared to the members and threads that are being produced every minute. Let's be realistic here. The ratio between mods and threads are a little overwhelming. I only found out about this thread because i received a PM. Otherwise, i would never have known about it....plus..i hardly ever go on this section anyway.
We don't sit here and all have 1000 monitors each in front of us to view every thread every hour every day. Most of us, like forum members(like you) have one computer/monitor and view threads of our interest, some more than others. We do NOT see everything, and we rely on the cooperation of it's members to let us know if we don't spot it ourselves. So if you are trying to get RCTECH's attention, you got mine. I don't get paid to mod here, i have my own site/forum where i have to watch over as well. Showing your concerns is fine, but also remember, there are bigger things that can or need to be addressed, and, although we would love to bring out our firetrucks, i think sometimes just a small bucket of water is needed to put out a trash can fire.

Thankyou.
Charlie B
CFXPAINTWORKS.COM
RCTECH SUPER MOD
Nice Guy.
You have a pm. And I am not denying what you quoted me on. I simply removed it to do a little to clean up this thread.

Last edited by mracer; 02-26-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mracer
You have a pm. And I am not denying what you quoted me on. I simply removed it to do a little to clean up this thread.
PM received and PM returned.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sorry for calling anyone names, it was childish and I've edited the previous post. We need all the racers and cars we can get this year, so lets just move on
Old 02-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

cant a moderator just erase this crap
Old 03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Why no one said MP9 ?
Old 03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

SH Rules!!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easyryder
SH Rules!!!!
What SH ?

this car expensive so no people buy & talk ?
Old 03-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have not read all of this thread . I did notice as I scanned it that the one who started it said it was a bad post and has asked to get it removed . Yet I find it funny that there is still a ton of people arguing about a buggy that they have not even seen run so do not know how it is treated .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.