Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

On the Wing thing, Standard downforce VS HD, ive found on out my old 1/8th scale that the standard took away all my rear bump handling problems in the blown out high speed sections the HD wing would cause. It pulls alot of weight on the rear that every company is trying to put on the front with all these new generation cars. And the Standard wings let you have so much more steering.

Food for thought Try it some time, it will surprise you. I know it did me..
Old 12-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
like what?
The shock rod ends where the spring retainer sit on them are square. This way the spring retainer cannot spin, turn, wobble or become cockeyed. Keeps the bottom of the spring competely flat.

The shock cap actually has a groove on the inside for a lip the shock bladder has on it to fit right in, this way when you tighten the cap down it is impossible for the bladder to come out at all.

The shock bladder is also the flattest I have ever seen on any shock.

The shock pistons are actually machined from one solid piece of plastic then cut piece by piece off of to get your single pistons, sort of like CNC aluminum parts. They are not pulled from a parts tree or anything therefore have no burrs at all and completely smooth.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:24 PM
JQ
Tech Master

all of those can be found on other cars....except that instead of a square rod end, theres only a small protrusion to stop the spring retainer from spinning.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
all of those can be found on other cars....except that instead of a square rod end, theres only a small protrusion to stop the spring retainer from spinning.
Oh. I have never noticed them. Oh well I tried lol!

I also just noticed you are J. Quagraine right? Cool! Been reading alot about you lately. NEED TO SHOW A PIC OF YOUR CAR, keeping everyone in suspense Saw you have been driving the Ishima buggy. That is about 90% the same as the ZX1-R. Nice to show people it is very competitive. You should try out a Caster 1.5R. Alot more upgrades on it including durability, quality and handling.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

If that is teh legendary JQ we think it is, we are flattered you popped by our thread
Would be nice to have a Pro give us guys some tips and help out with advice.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
New ride looks really nice! Couple things I dont like. Dont everyone jump on me. The wing is ugly as sin! JMO. Why flathead hingepin screws? And They shoulda desinged the CVD's to be captured by the bearings. One less thing to go wrong. I hope they spent alot of RnD time on the shocks. Everyone want BB's now and with Caster's pricing if they are good they will be a hot item. Okay, you can yell at me now for bitching.
dont you have a bearing to go seize lol jk

the shocks are very smooth i think they are smoother then the jammin shocks i was running on my rc8

im not a fan of the captured pin cvd's the rc8 had that. its great you dont lose a pin but then your working with a smaller bearing which has its positives and negatives
Old 12-30-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
On the Wing thing, Standard downforce VS HD, ive found on out my old 1/8th scale that the standard took away all my rear bump handling problems in the blown out high speed sections the HD wing would cause. It pulls alot of weight on the rear that every company is trying to put on the front with all these new generation cars. And the Standard wings let you have so much more steering.

Food for thought Try it some time, it will surprise you. I know it did me..
i run standard wings for the most part. i used to run the hd wings but fount them to take away way too much steering for my liking
Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Caster Support ROCKS

Just wanted to say that I just got off the phone with Chris (vnmsgt), have traded e-mails, posts & PM's with Mike M, Dustin P, CAM and now razzor, dealt with Dustin on Lipo Lead, MMM, and Medusa motor... Caster Support ROCKS
Old 12-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Oh. I have never noticed them. Oh well I tried lol!

I also just noticed you are J. Quagraine right? Cool! Been reading alot about you lately. NEED TO SHOW A PIC OF YOUR CAR, keeping everyone in suspense Saw you have been driving the Ishima buggy. That is about 90% the same as the ZX1-R. Nice to show people it is very competitive. You should try out a Caster 1.5R. Alot more upgrades on it including durability, quality and handling.
Don't pester him about pics of THE car....he hears that enough on other forums......right JQ? LOL
Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Right, no pics sorry!

How is the quality of the new Caster? I saw it in China, looks like it does share alot with the Ishima.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

I think its quality is as good as any.
want to give it a try now that you a free agent
we could hook you up

Would be great to get your opinion on it .
Old 12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default caster

is caster made in china
Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I just wanted to bump my 09 season ride to the top where it should be.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Caster is made in china
Old 01-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Taiwan....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.