Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX? >

Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:10 AM

And that is where I come in! I am going to try this stuff on my go-tech, If that works I am going to test all of my friends engines too that would make 9 motors and two would be the same I will be testing it in a Go Tech 5-port, a TRX 2.5, a kyosho sirio 09, two CEN .12 motors, an axial .28, a STS .28, a OFNA .25, and a Team VTX .21... so I think I can get some good data out of this, i will do all the same things to the motors, take pics and data. I think this will turn out good... at least I hope so

Oh and dieseldog what type of zMAX did you use?

Last edited by lanerbrainer205; 06-20-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It doesn't have to be flammable, the oil in our fuel isn't. I suspect that it is not.

It is not a very scientific test but it does prove one important point: It doesn't hurt the motor.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:01 AM

Yea so I am going to go ahead and try this, also there will be several different fuels used or to keep it scientific do you think I should use the same type of fuel in every motor?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i cant remember what kind i used but it came in a big box. purple black and silver something like that. it has been awhile. one other thing anything that is combustable that has an additive added to it i.e oil will make it flammable. oil is flammable it is used so start controlled fires in forest. if you ever light nitro fule on fire on the floor it produces a very low heat fire due to the amount of oil in the nitro. it almost burns clear thats how low heat it is. diesel fuel is about the oil type of fuel i know of that doesnt burn it combusts but you add an additive to it and it explosed then burns.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Lord

We use castor oils and synthetics that do not burn they just get blown out the exhaust.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Keep us posted on your results. I am interested to find out if this really works. If it will increase the longevity and performance of my engines then I am all for it.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Lets see, now what kind of BS have we learned in this thread. One test of anything in an uncontrolled environment is enuff to prove it works. Simple testing of something as complicated as a engine proves if something works. Nitro/Alcohol/Oil based fuel burns with a low heat, must be, it burns clear. Diesel fuel does not burn.

Ed M.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bentgear
Lets see, now what kind of BS have we learned in this thread. One test of anything in an uncontrolled environment is enuff to prove it works. Simple testing of something as complicated as a engine proves if something works. Nitro/Alcohol/Oil based fuel burns with a low heat, must be, it burns clear. Diesel fuel does not burn.
+1

that about covers it

.................END OF THREAD...................
Old 06-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Ever heard the saying "Snake oil". This thread is actually funny!

Sorry.. Your wasting your time and money but it does make for good late night reading. This brings back memories of when someone I used to know used an oil additive in his car that claimed the car would still run with the oil removed. We gave him such a hard time he drained the oil from his car to prove us wrong.
You know what's coming don't you.... BANG!!! Engine granades!! Seized!!!
Bet he won't use that crap again LOL.

The person who answered your call is an $8.50 per hour telephone clerk not an engineer, don't believe everything you hear.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

i believe the telephone call part but when you actually have family that are engineers and study this kind of stuff its kinda hard to take your 2 cents worth of crap and believe it. sorry buddy but it HAS yes HAS been tested. diesel fuel doesnt burn it combusts you nimrod. when you add and additive to diesel then it burns. so keep your 2 cents to yourself and leave the big boy stuff to the ones that actually know what they are doing.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The castor oil in our fuel burns off due to heat, it is not combustable, if it were, our motors would rarely ever make it past break in. You cant take a match to castor oil and make it catch fire. All it will do is get hot and start putting off a blue smoke, the same smoke that comes out of our exhaust. If you are getting your castor oil to burn, you are apparently doing allot more with this Z-max than you think.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

From Wiki:

Burning effiency

The density of petroleum diesel is about 850 grams per litre whereas petrol (gasoline) has a density of about 720 g/L, about 15% less. When burnt, diesel typically releases about 138,700 British thermal units (146.3 MJ) per US gallon, whereas gasoline releases 125,000 British thermal units (132 MJ) per US gallon, about 11% less.[2] Diesel is generally simpler to refine from petroleum than gasoline. The price of diesel traditionally rises during colder months as demand for heating oil rises, which is refined in much the same way.

Sounds like it burns to me.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Lord

Znax is being sued:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.shtm
Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
The castor oil in our fuel burns off due to heat, it is not combustable, if it were, our motors would rarely ever make it past break in. You cant take a match to castor oil and make it catch fire. All it will do is get hot and start putting off a blue smoke, the same smoke that comes out of our exhaust. If you are getting your castor oil to burn, you are apparently doing allot more with this Z-max than you think.
im not talking about nitro fuel. try this pour a puddle of nitro on a concrete floor and put a torch to it. it will produce a flame, a very low flame. how ever when under extreme pressuse it combusts. think of our little engines as a diesel motor. a diesel motor uses heat(combustion) to move pistons up and done. the same thing happens with our nitro engines but at lower compressions and a totally different type of stroke. our glow plugs in the nitro engines work the same way they do in diesel trucks. combustion in the cylinder keeps the glow plug warm so the fuel and air in the cylinder will combust.

now that i had to go through all that. the zmaxx works everyone is just to scared to try something new. well me and grandfather have done it and we have PROVEN that it does work. i have had the same motor in my truck for almost 2 years. granted i dont drive it that much now since i dont have the time, being that im deployed fighting for my country but my motor runs cleaner and stronger then the one we tested against. take or leave it i dont care, but until you try it and see for yourself dont bash someones idea because they want to try something new that might improve something down the road. it would be like me bashing you because you want to start racing on-road or go to 1/8 off road or something another.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
now that i had to go through all that. the zmaxx works everyone is just to scared to try something new. well me and grandfather have done it and we have PROVEN that it does work. i have had the same motor in my truck for almost 2 years. granted i dont drive it that much now since i dont have the time, being that im deployed fighting for my country but my motor runs cleaner and stronger then the one we tested against. take or leave it i dont care, but until you try it and see for yourself dont bash someones idea because they want to try something new that might improve something down the road. it would be like me bashing you because you want to start racing on-road or go to 1/8 off road or something another.

Honestly, all you've done is show that buying two motors off the shelf - along with running them irregularly - one can come with two entirely different long term test results.

And the fact of the matter is that ANYONE that's been involved in this hobby long enough, whether it be electric or nitro, will tell you the exact same sort of results using the exact same fuel and everything else - WHILE USING NO ZMAX OR ANY OTHER ADDITIVE.

So you "proved" nothing.

sorry

And while I don't think anyone came into this thread looking to bash anything, they did as a result of some people coming into this thread stating things as fact that weren't proven or substantiated by anything other than "I saw it on TV" or "I did this with my grandpa so it has to be true"..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.