Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Already decided but....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zJatoRad
I haven't seen Mugen in top places in the latest results around the world lately.... and hobao is, maybe not on the top but at least is around, and hobao junk? why you say that? mugen the best? LOL, sure it's a very nice buggy but what makes you think it's the best? if it would be the best everyone would use it, but then again, it's just your opinion I guess...

check worldwide results again everyone beat me to it but mugen 1-2 at european championships warm up with the leader lapping 3rd place just look at any big race and you will see a mugen there at the sharp end, and bear in mind mugen dont have the biggest racing team about compared to losi, associated and kyosho who generally field a lot of drivers.

But back on topic any of the cars will be good some are imo better quality wise, but go with what gives best supposrt trackside as thats where youll need it not when you dnf and get back home and have to mail order parts.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

zJatoRad
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie [View] There's nothing wrong with the MBX5R IMHO it the best buggy on the market ATM but if this guys any thing like me id be unhappy with my self on buying a $600 roller and be out dated in a few months thats why i waited 6months for the R to come out before i got a buggy i knew a new model was coming out and id be dam buying a prospec which i knew was still more then capable i just like the latest and greatest
and on another note Hobao is junk but thats just me and my view each to there own

If u want the best Mugen will kill the rest
I haven't seen Mugen in top places in the latest results around the world lately.... and hobao is, maybe not on the top but at least is around, and hobao junk? why you say that? mugen the best? LOL, sure it's a very nice buggy but what makes you think it's the best? if it would be the best everyone would use it, but then again, it's just your opinion I guess...

Tycipal yank wouldnt have a clue of the out side world just cause Mugen aint that big in America dont mean they aint winning
only the results in america count ay
Old 05-25-2008, 03:51 AM
BSC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If your local hobby shop carries parts for the 8.5 and RC8 and you don't want to hold any parts then both cars have different advantages 8.5 will be durable but you have to drive it like you stole it to get speed out of it , it will handle the rough really well because of it's weight , the shocks let them down a lot , they need a big improvement there you will be forever rebuilding after every race meet . The RC8 when the setup is achieved is a very fast light car , you need finer driving skills for this car or you will suffer , some of the parts are a bit light but they can be replaced .
It all comes down to how good you can drive , if you can't drive go 8.5 , if you can go RC8
If you don't mind holding a few spares just in case , and the forums will tell you what breaks if anything , then the Mugen is bulletproof , goes fast and handles like a dream , they always look smooth and are fast straight out of the box , there are plenty of info on setups , i don't think you can go to wrong with one , you'll always be competitive
The Losi is fast but high maintainance , you will be forever replacing everthing all the time , but if you like playing with a car all the time then it's the one for you , the main bad thing if you don't live in america is they are imperial not metric , so parts overseas don't match because the rest of the world is metric
But the new XRAY is a little beast , watch their race results in the coming months
Old 05-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Mikael Palsson is Nordic Champion
He won the race with Mugen MBX5R buggy, Ninja JX engine, VP Pro tires and Sidewinder fuel

http://www.buggy-sport.info/include....ntent/news.php
Old 05-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Tycipal yank wouldnt have a clue of the out side world just cause Mugen aint that big in America dont mean they aint winning
I was talking worldwide, I usually visit the neobuggy.net site and see the worldwide results, for example, right now in the very first page of neobuggy there are five race results, counting all of the racers, there are 42 racers in the five race results which only 5 of them are Mugen and 7 of them are HoBao, and HoBao winning 1st and 2nd in a race, I believe Mugen did win other too.

I'm not saying Mugen is bad or anything, I know it's an awesome buggy, but saying HoBao is junk? mmkay.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zJatoRad
I haven't seen Mugen in top places in the latest results around the world lately.... and hobao is
is exactly what you said

as for hoboa being junk not my opinion but obviously others see it that way, perhaps when they say junk what they mean is it will never outlast a Mugen

ps which race did hoboa 1-2 at cause i cant find it and i checked to page 3 of the headlines section
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow coach
ps which race did hoboa 1-2 at cause i cant find it and i checked to page 3 of the headlines section
my bad, it was a qualifying race but then the final of that one HoBao got 2nd and Mugen 1st.

This is the race I was talking about (which was a qualifier)

Old 05-26-2008, 02:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I dont know why this hasn't been brought up yet? If people like the Mugen MBX5R but say not to get it because the new one will be out sometime towards the end of the year... Haven't you forgotten if a new model is coming out, you can find some incredible deals on the "old" model... For those of us who don't need the newest model all of the time... The 5R would be just fine!

Personally I love my buggy, a Losi 8ight... I think it is easy to drive for me...
But I have seen the 5R and the RC8 in action... Both of them are great in the right hands... Even the Jammin is an excellent choice...

It just is a matter of personal preference...
Old 05-26-2008, 02:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lets see, This is a hobby, right? That said everything is about bang for the buck. So go with the one your LHS can help you with and alot of the people run with. Remember when it breaks at the track spare parts are at the table next to you.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by thecman26
I dont know why this hasn't been brought up yet? If people like the Mugen MBX5R but say not to get it because the new one will be out sometime towards the end of the year... Haven't you forgotten if a new model is coming out, you can find some incredible deals on the "old" model... For those of us who don't need the newest model all of the time... The 5R would be just fine!

Personally I love my buggy, a Losi 8ight... I think it is easy to drive for me...
But I have seen the 5R and the RC8 in action... Both of them are great in the right hands... Even the Jammin is an excellent choice...

It just is a matter of personal preference...
agreed nothing wrong with a 5R and the price has come down already and should drop again when the new car comes out, but i also understand the why pay $600 now when a new car is coming soon depends on if you can wait

just remeber what you get for the price with the mugen

http://www.mugenracing.com/image/mbx...r_optional.jpg

if you brought those seperate the cost would escalate on any normal buggy also, plus you get about 8 rear plates std with different toe in/squat settings.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by mblgjr
Mugen has some post-Worlds revisions coming...

Losi is the lightest on its feet; but also slightly unforgiving.

The 8.5 is proven and has outstanding support via NitroHouse....but I'd wait on the 9...

The AE so far has been notoriously week and I question its overall capacity under club-style race tracks that are small/tight.

If I had to do anything right now; I'd go Losi (and I've been running a Jammin' for three years; so no bias in that dept.).
Hmmm... I'm the opposite. I've been running a Losi a while now, and I'm switching to the Jammin! The Losi was a "learning tool" for me... it taught me to pay attention and react quickly when the car started to get "out of shape." I'm going to the Jammin because it is less edgy and more forgiving, I should be able to push it harder.

It depends partly on your background/skill level.

The Losi is VERY fast and "athletic," but it can also be a handful. It is not a good beginner car. Parts wear fast, but parts are cheap. You will spend more time maintaining this car than most though... if you are meticulous about maintaining your equipment it is fine.

The MBX5/MBX5 ProSpec/MBX5R (not exactly the same car, but most parts interchange) is the most stable and forgiving car out there. If you are a beginner it is your best bet, although like folks said it is about to be replaced, and there is no telling how much compatibility there will be with the new buggy for parts...

(I've owned both of those)

I don't know about the other 2 listed... both seem to be good cars though.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
zJatoRad

One thing to keep in mind is that tracks here in the US tend to be different from the tracks in Europe. More big jumps, rougher surface, etc. However, that being said, the Mugen is a great car.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

they are all good cars, frankly when someone says a car sucks or is weak theres a good chance they havnt driven the car in question they just happen to know someone who does, or seen one once, or are just plain talking out their ass.

I have yet to drive an 1/8th scale I would label as junk, there are some issues with EVERY car but most issues are about personal prefrence.

I will say some cars are built with tighter tollerances than others but in the current 1/8th scale market no car is better than the other when talking about the big companies. Even some of the tiawanese cheapo brands have decent cars nowadays(allthough they are copies of old designs)
Old 05-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It's funny watching everyone moan over this and that. Take the Losi and AE drivers and switch their cars and they'll still place first and second alternately between heats. Parts support is about the most important thing that matters when choosing anything in terms of the better buggies and truggies. The rest is personal preference.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Im probably going RC8, im done waiting around for the hyper 9 and then still have to wait another few weeks for a review....

I will be ordering my .21 7 port go tech with pipe this wednesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.