Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

No worries Binky

I'm headed up to the great wide open wyoming this weekend for a 2 day race at a huge track.... sweetwaterrc.com is the site, the track is 200x100 and super hard packed..... they sometimes run slicks up there.... I got my car completely gone through, I cant believe how smooth the drivetrain is, for the part of the car that takes the most abuse its dialed.... I tried TKO's Eureka lube on the ring gears and inside the bearings and its money.... it free'd it up even more. I talked to a few team guys tonight for a few hours and all I'm hearing is praise about the car. All of them are using the starting setup on the site and cant wait to get to the track and run some more tanks. Another thing I've tried for the last couple of weeks is the O-lube from Odonell.... I use it on the hinge pins, cambe link balls.... everywhere there's a pivot.... your car will be awesome with that stuff on any dusty track, my car hasnt squek'd for weeks since using it.... its like water in the bottle but sets up to a light wax in a few seconds and everything stays super free, no binding.

I also talked with Mike a bunch tonight and he is excited about running this car and having fun again racing, I'm glad to have a great guy running with us that is fast and a stand up person all around. If anyone sees our car at the track, go ahead and take a look and ask questions, I think we have an awesome group of guys that can answer anything about the car, have a whirl on the bench, see what its all about.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tony, that is one hell of an advertising section you have in your signature...........i wonder if it coul dbe shortened a bit.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

HAHA ya, probably
Old 06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

We had a great weekend at Fullthrottle in New York , it was VERY muddy but ended up being a great weekend . Luther , your car looked dialed (even though you didnt like the tires). Matt was also off to a great start but had some bad luck come his way . Chris put his SX8 at the top of the B with his first run on the car and on the track , he loves his new car . Thanks for making the trip and showing your support . We are proving to everyone that TQ Racing is the real deal .
Old 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone every reply to emails at the TQ racing SX8 website? I have sent 2 emails about possibly carrying the SX8 buggy and the truggy and have not gotten a response back yet in about a month.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Joe - the only way for me to loosen up my car is with tires or moving the hubs back. My setup is on the TQ site and the only thing I've changed is I'm in the forward ackerman hole for alittle more mid steering. I was trying out some new tires thursday night and topped my fastest single lap by.2 but it was a handful to drive with the hubs back. I think it would have been better if I stuck with my usual tire combo (M3 bowfighter), not to mention I had zero brakes the first half of the main... another JR servo going in the trash.... all hitec from here on out.

Next weekend we're off to the Sweetwater Nitro Champs... sweetwaterrc.com That track is concrete and smooooooth, I've got some tire testing still to do in prep for regionals next month, and we'll see how the car is out there. I suspect about the only thing I'm going to change is limit some droop and maybe a touch heavier in the shocks so it will pop over all the jumps with ease.

Also, Any change of getting some shirts by next weekend?
Tony, Thanks for the tips! Moving the rear hubs foward really helped! I deff want to get you hooked up with Shirts, hats ,and stuff.. Call or email me the details, logos, colors, size, ECT..
Old 06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Does anyone every reply to emails at the TQ racing SX8 website? I have sent 2 emails about possibly carrying the SX8 buggy and the truggy and have not gotten a response back yet in about a month.
Try calling this number : (301)-498-0850
Old 06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Default Sorry

I have to not seen those emails we are still settling evrything on the sight,you can send me a pm and I will make sure you get the info you need on the car.

We are looking for good dealers to support the product.

Thanks
Luther

Last edited by Local racer; 06-06-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Yes thanks Joe you could just call the shop and ask for Jesse or Bill 301-498-0850 cor 1-800-972-7223 they will set you right up.

Thank You
Old 06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I hear the team did really well at Full Throttle Raceway for the first round of the GLORCS Series this past weekend... I wish I could have made it out to help represent but work obligations got in the way... Oh well I was able to hit the track for a couple laps with the car last week and man is this car awesome! The track was so sandy, but the car was still dialed! My first race of the season is this Sundays RC Pro race at Action Hobbies Kingsville here in Canada... Hope I can bring home a "W" first time out...
Old 06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Here's some pics from last weeks club race (complete with practice body) our track is a bit rough
Attached Thumbnails TQ Racing SX8-tonysx8_1.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-tonysx8_2.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-tonysx8_3.jpg  
Old 06-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rough is a understatement. LOL!

BTW guys thanks for the numbers, I should be calling soon.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Great News

We have kits in and they are shipping now! this first order is almost sold out but we still have a few cars left.We have another order shipping out on monday so get your orders in.

Dealers parts are going up on the site as we speak so get your orders in I am sure you will like this car.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Local racer
We have kits in and they are shipping now! this first order is almost sold out but we still have a few cars left.We have another order shipping out on monday so get your orders in.

Dealers parts are going up on the site as we speak so get your orders in I am sure you will like this car.

Wish my pay check would come sooner so i could purchase this buggy already!

Cant wait to get my hands on one!
Old 06-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Default Done

Alright the first order is gone,If you are looking for a car you can try one of the dealers on the sight,we will be adding new dealers weekly.New dealer in the Northeast Rc Madness.

Thanks Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.