R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #271
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcejk

ya I believe it'll work great out their! Ill have a report after the race! Ill take some pics of the buggy and hopefully durring the race ill get some pics! Good luck to everyone that's racing!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #272
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Too bad pc changes cars like underwear.
moparsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:15 AM   #273
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Lipo

Are any of you guys running lipo RX packs in your SX8? If so what brand Lipo and regulator? How/Where do you have the regulator mounted?
carlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #274
Tech Regular

i am running lipo in my buggy right now, i have the losi regulator with the switch and i am running one of my local hobby shops own brand lipos witch is a 900 2 cell lipo. their is plenty of space in their for it! i also have a spectrum receiver in their as well! if you would like pics let me know i will get those later today for you!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #275
Tech Addict

Yeah that would be great. If I get the SX8 I'll be coming from an 8. Where I'm currently running the ProTek Regulator and 2000Mah - 2 Cell Lipo pack. I've not had a car yet where all the Electronics go in one box.. (Losi is sparate). So I just wanted to get a feel for what alternatetive batteries I may need to invest in. Don't want to give up running Lipo setup even if it means getting new RX packs & Regulator
Old 07-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #276
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I run the same protek lipo and regulator........ plenty of room
Old 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #277
Tech Addict

Tony,

Do you have the regulator inside the box with the rx & pack or mounted somewhere on the box outside?
Old 07-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #278
Tech Regular

finally i got my pics together with the new graphics!

Old 07-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #279
Tech Regular

Nice looking buggy, like it alot.

OS Speed with a NovaRossi Pipe, how does that perform in regard to the OS WC 2060 Pipe?

Thatís a nicely bent pipe retainer, its a bit tricky mounting the pipe retainer on these buggies, I ended up using spring steel.
Jesussaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #280
Tech Regular

Thanks!

ya the pipe retainer was a little tricky and i had to trim it down since it was a little to long but i took my time and it came out good!

the nova pipe works out well for me but i haven't tried the 2060 right now! but i will be trying a 2050 shortly!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #281
vr6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

how much of your chassis is stock? the way anyone would buy it.

the chassis looks different from the tq site. that car looks awesome. maybe not seeing the radio tray on the site throws it off a bit

Also my local track Race em r/c. Rockford Illinois
vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #282
Tech Regular

No hop up's added! the chassis looks different because on their web site they don't have the radio try installed. they now have Big Bore shocks available with the new kits and also new hinge pins! ive only added a different style air filter! Besides the air filter everything else stock!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:18 AM   #283
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcejk View Post
No hop up's added! the chassis looks different because on their web site they don't have the radio try installed. they now have Big Bore shocks available with the new kits and also new hinge pins! ive only added a different style air filter! Besides the air filter everything else stock!
I just got mine in and opened the box but the SX8 I saw at a state race did not have the CNC aluminum knuckles and stuff like was shown on the site. It looks like they do not come with them from what I have. Also the site shows captured hinge pins but it comes with e-clips. No biggie. I assume these are hop-ups but you should have some pics of what it actually comes with and then some with the added extras. Just a thought. I do really like it and looks well built. Now for the long assembly

Last edited by vnmsgt; 07-26-2008 at 07:14 AM.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also are the stock tires decent??? They look pretty square and hard. I really like the wheels and do not want to glue the stock tires on them if they are not that great on the track then I will use different ones.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #285
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
I just got mine in and opened the box but the SX8 I saw at a state race did not have the CNC aluminum knuckles and stuff like was shown on the site. It looks like they do not come with them from what I have. Also the site shows captured hinge pins but it comes with e-clips. No biggie. I assume these are hop-ups but you should have some pics of what it actually comes with and then some with the added extras. Just a thought. I do really like it and looks well built. Now for the long assembly
when i was building mine i came upon the captured hinge pins. i installed the e-clip ones but after going through the packages i found the captured hinge pins! so when your building it, keep your eyes open!

as for the stock tires, i would use them for like break in or something..i wouldn't use them for racing i think the compound is a little to hard. i tested them out on the track out here in AZ and i was having trouble getting traction! also the track was more dry and not soaking wet as well..who knows but thats my 2 cents!

Ethan